Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I made a pan bagnat with sardines, tomato, onion, olives, artichoke hearts, sliced hard boiled egg, fresh basil and a red wine vinegar dijon mustard vinaigrette on ciabatta

Wrapped it and put in the fridge, came back a couple of hours later and it was gone.

Please feel sorry for me, dine goons.

isaboo fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Aug 26, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

there was an episode of teen titans go! about this. robin, who made the sandwich, had the sandwich stolen by a future version of himself. I seem to remember something about the sandwich being so good that it developed sentience too

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

The Voice of Labor posted:

there was an episode of teen titans go! about this. robin, who made the sandwich, had the sandwich stolen by a future version of himself. I seem to remember something about the sandwich being so good that it developed sentience too

it is quite possible, then, that one of my billion kids that watches teen titans go! did this. I will investigate.

I will try again tomorrow but hide it somewhere

I just want oily fish on oily bread with oily toppings topped with some oil

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

man just eat the thing over the sink right after you make it. the "putting it in the fridge to crisp" thing will always lead to disaster

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
But a pan bagnat tastes like better when wrapped & allowed to sit in the fridge for a while.

I think I'll make a sardine pan bagnat to take to work…

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Captain Splendid posted:

Ok, I did some thinking and realised it was me the whole time.

Further update: the guy moved out after being 2 months behind on rent and didn't clean his room. I recognised my empty tin of 'dines on his desk :mad:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
*ten years later, this person answers the doorbell to only find an empty sardine tin and a note that says 'i know what you did'*

Hardon Crime
Jan 15, 2020

hubba hubba hubba hubba

isaboo posted:

I made a pan bagnat with sardines, tomato, onion, olives, artichoke hearts, sliced hard boiled egg, fresh basil and a red wine vinegar dijon mustard vinaigrette on ciabatta

Wrapped it and put in the fridge, came back a couple of hours later and it was gone.

Please feel sorry for me, dine goons.

RIP

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Ohoy!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

bella mackerel is very good, skin no bone, extremely firm and healthy looking buggers 3 in the can

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Flower brand Moroccan sardines in tomato sauce on top of zoodles. All heated in the office microwave & topped with Parmesan cheese because there's nobody else around.

I need to completely drain the zoodles next time.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Don’t microwave fish at the office, even if you think no one else is around.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

withak posted:

you need to acclimate your coworkers to the fish smell so they no longer notice it

coward

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

there is no longer a "third way" in sardine etiquette. you are with us or you are against us

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
There hasn't been another studio mate in the office for almost a month.

I plan on claiming the whole office as my own as I have a September 15 deadline and will need to start pulling some all-nighters. I'll be eating plenty of 'dines over the sink over the next 10 days.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Stinking up the place with opened cans of fish is always fine. Microwaving fish is never fine.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Smear a little bit of 'dine oil on all of the mice around the office.

Edit: More oil if it's a higher-up's office.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Opening a tin of sardines is the same as opening a can of tuna for the potential of upsetting someone with the smell

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
imagine not liking fish smells

loving idiot losers

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

Fartington Butts posted:

Smear a little bit of 'dine oil on all of the mice around the office.

Edit: More oil if it's a higher-up's office.

I forgot which subforum I was reading, and read this as spreading oil on biological mice and turning them loose around the office, especially in the higher-ups'.
Take that observation how you will.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

¿Por qué no los dos?

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Yond Cassius posted:

I forgot which subforum I was reading, and read this as spreading oil on biological mice and turning them loose around the office, especially in the higher-ups'.
Take that observation how you will.

that was my first read too.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I don't think there are any computers at the studio with traditional mice anymore. It's either trackpads or drawing tablets.

:ninja: edit: there are a couple cordless mice on the computers that are running the scanners.

That said here's today's meal to be eaten over the sink:

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

withak posted:

Does no one know how to use the power settings on their microwave? Warm fish up low and slow and it doesn't stink up the joint.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Look Sir Droids posted:

Does no one know how to use the power settings on their microwave? Warm fish up low and slow and it doesn't stink up the joint.

No one knows how to do that.

naem
May 29, 2011

instant oatmeal packet with a scoop of all natural no additives or added-oil peanut butter in it for breakfast; dines for a midnight snack

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
I've had some meals of scrambled eggs with sardines, and enjoyed them. I got some Season brand 'dines, which I have yet to try but without this thread I would not have thought of. Thanks.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

Look Sir Droids posted:

I work in a field where the vast majority of my coworkers were Indian and Chinese electrical engineers. Fish curries were reheated in the microwave very often and it always stunk.

Also, these same electrical engineers were always baffled when I used the sensor reheat function. No one is aware of power settings, but me.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Too expensive for regular consumption but dang Nuri are good sardines.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

man I had some good canned fish.

bumpin' this thread to remind myself to post more about how good that last tin of fish was

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

I just emptied a jar of Järki Särki, or "Smart Roach" (the fish, not bugs):

The idea is that Finnish lakes are literally overflowing with särki but people are too snooty to eat it since it is perceived to be "trash fish". (In the olden times särki was what you ate when you were poor and couldn't afford better.) Meanwhile we are importing tuna from endangered fisheries by the boatload, contributing to Sea Death, so the people at Järki Särki decided to create a local product out of the normally discarded särki catch that would beat anything imported in taste.

It just might be the best drat canned fish product I have ever tasted! If you ever come this way, buy a jar or two, you won't be disappointed.

barbecue at the folks fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Sep 25, 2020

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

barbecue at the folks posted:

The idea is that Finnish lakes are literally overflowing with särki but people are too snooty to eat it since it is perceived to be "trash fish". (In the olden times särki was what you ate when you were poor and couldn't afford better.) Meanwhile we are importing tuna from endangered fisheries by the boatload, contributing to Sea Death, so the people at Järki Särki decided to create a local product out of the normally discarded särki catch that would beat anything imported in taste.

It just might be the best drat canned fish product I have ever tasted! If you ever come this way, buy a jar or two, you won't be disappointed.
That looks neat. Can you describe it? Also, would you be willing to send a jar to goons here in the US?

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

barbecue at the folks posted:

Tincanfish dude needs to get those, I'd eat that.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

OMG what is in that besides fish? The label implies some vegetables of some sort. Would definitely try if I could find some.

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

Jet Jaguar posted:

OMG what is in that besides fish? The label implies some vegetables of some sort. Would definitely try if I could find some.

Järki Särki Products posted:

Järki Särki with organic tomatoes and herbs: Särki fish, organic rapeseed oil, organic tomato paste, organic red onion, salt 1,8 %, organic sugar, laurel leaf, thyme, pepper 275G/180G

They also have a garlic version.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Yond Cassius posted:

Be still my beating heart

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Yond Cassius posted:

:aaa: I need this.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Android Apocalypse posted:

That looks neat. Can you describe it? Also, would you be willing to send a jar to goons here in the US?

I'll have to buy another jar or two and make a real trip report for this thread, it really is excellent stuff. And sure, I would be glad to mail you guys a jar or two, but the postage Finland-US is Silly Expensive (40€ upwards for a medium package under 10 kilos, I think) and there might be some customs stuff involved? Would have to figure that out first, hah.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Yond Cassius posted:

The picture of this on toast is divine.

https://www.jarkisarki.fi/products

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I just messaged them to see if they are available in the US, or if they can be ordered for shipment. Fingers crossed!