Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
He was making a joke about Giorno mugging him.

Koichi can swap between all of Echoes' forms at will, though. It's the perk of having an Act Stand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Last Celebration posted:

nah, Echoes evolves into Act 3 in the fight with Sheer Heart Attack (which really should have been named Don’t Stop Me Now considering) for like no reason iirc. I haven’t watched Part 5 yet but I’ve seen clips of him using Act 2 for recon poo poo, so idk what the gently caress is going on with it.

It's a joke, Koichi *did* get robbed in Part 5

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Last Celebration posted:

nah, Echoes evolves into Act 3 in the fight with Sheer Heart Attack (which really should have been named Don’t Stop Me Now considering) for like no reason iirc. I haven’t watched Part 5 yet but I’ve seen clips of him using Act 2 for recon poo poo, so idk what the gently caress is going on with it.

If you have a stand involving multiple versions (Acts) you can usually call on any given Act you want.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Terminal autist posted:

Hes a nazi hth

Yes but how does that make part 2 age badly. Nazis were bad when the part was written and they're bad now

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Terror Sweat posted:

Yes but how does that make part 2 age badly. Nazis were bad when the part was written and they're bad now

Yeah, I mean Joseph is massively distrustful of the Nazis, and Zeppeli is Italian, they are Allied with the Nazis at this time.

It's set in 1939. The Olympics held by the Nazis in 1936 ,the occuptation of France and the battle of Britain was in 1940, But Invading Poland is late 1939.

They're in that spot in the year where the world doesn't know what their intentions are yet, and they are covering their tracks with their propaganda until they start invading all East and Western fronts.

Part 2 didn't age badly.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Yeah, I know Stroheim is a Nazi and it might be kind of disconcerting that he's one of the "good guys", but it's not like Araki is really saying the Nazis are good people. They're just trying to kill some super vampires who are out to destroy the whole world, which the Nazis happen to be a part of.

And Mark is forgotten about literally one episode after he dies.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

I'm not sure if Mark throwing up the OK hand sign while Joseph yells "It's a Nazi!" aged poorly or incredibly well.

Gruckles fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Aug 26, 2020

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
...why are posters spoiler tagging part 4 discussion in the part 5 anime thread? If you chose to watch part 5 without watching part 4, you deserve to be spoiled on it :colbert:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Julias posted:

...why are posters spoiler tagging part 4 discussion in the part 5 anime thread? If you chose to watch part 5 without watching part 4, you deserve to be spoiled on it :colbert:

its called common courtesy

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Yeah there's at least one or two posters who posted recently that are going through the series for the first time, so it's not a bad idea tbh

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Ahhh I guess that makes sense then. I must have missed those posts. :sweatdrop:

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Julias posted:

Why are you bullying me, the innocent poster who only just got to part 5 :smith:

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

And Mark is forgotten about literally one episode after he dies.

God knows I forgot about him until just now

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Why did Caesar eat Mark's picture

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

FirstAidKite posted:

Why did Caesar eat Mark's picture

Trying to gain his powers, naturally

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

part 5 spoiler:

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

The Last Train Home outro during Battle in Egypt is so good. I was just sitting here watching it and it tells a lot about the characters and story once you've seen all the episodes. I get this warm/happy/sad/wistful feeling watching all the images as the fantastic song plays.

Wasn't really going anywhere with that. It just rules.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

These are so loving stupid lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZeHKMmTs8o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-L1lNH0Now

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

You know I've never heard the OVA in Japanese.

Hearing that DIO makes me kind of thankful for that.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
The two DIOs trying to hear each others' heartbeats was amazing lmao

And I tried watching some of the OVA but I was too distracted by the VA sound quality, it sounds like they recorded their lines in a bare maintenance closet or something.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Do it. Part 2 is always good

Joseph crawling away from Wamuu kills me every time

*snip*

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Sep 3, 2020

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

*touches the soil* something happened here

also the ova makes way too many weird and stupid changes for me to like it, even if there's some neat animation stuff here and there

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The OVA's dub is amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUei7Uku0s0

Senator Wilson Philips is voiced by Charles Martinet of all people.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

The two DIOs trying to hear each others' heartbeats was amazing lmao

And I tried watching some of the OVA but I was too distracted by the VA sound quality, it sounds like they recorded their lines in a bare maintenance closet or something.

When was the dub made for the ova? The earlier days it wasn't as well funded or recorded as they are now, when Anime loving took off into the stratosphere in both North and South America in the mid to late 90s as far as I know.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Still can't believe that for how long the part 3 anime was that they still cut out the part where DIO killed Waldo

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

FirstAidKite posted:

Still can't believe that for how long the part 3 anime was that they still cut out the part where DIO killed Waldo

i didnt know what this was referring to so i looked it up and lmao

Crusader fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Sep 4, 2020

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

I’m glad DP learned from part 3; it really suffered from drawn out fights and they really dropped the ball on the last couple eps from a production standpoint.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I always figured they cut out people getting brutally run down for censoring reasons, even on a late night slot there’s still probably stuff they don’t want to go all in on (unless it just gets healed with Crazy Diamond)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

DamnGlitch posted:

I’m glad DP learned from part 3; it really suffered from drawn out fights and they really dropped the ball on the last couple eps from a production standpoint.

It was also split cour and the first part was two cour so OBVIOUSLY the second part also has to be two cour, it would be WEIRD if it wasn't.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Waffleman_ posted:

It was also split cour and the first part was two cour so OBVIOUSLY the second part also has to be two cour, it would be WEIRD if it wasn't.

Question of ignorance: what does “cour” mean in this context?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

NickRoweFillea posted:

Question of ignorance: what does “cour” mean in this context?

Its a season's worth of episodes. One cour is 12-13 episodes, so Part 1 and 2 were a 2 cours series, Part 3 was 4 cours with a break in the middle and Parts 4 and 5 were both 3 cours each.

JohnnyBme
Aug 21, 2020

TheKingslayer posted:

I bounced off part 1 real hard and skipped straight to Stardust Crusaders since it's what I heard everyone mention and got totally hooked. Part 4 is overall better but Part 3 is my favorite.

anime part 2 is great, and in my opinion better than all the anime parts we have now, you should go back and watch it

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

JohnnyBme posted:

anime part 2 is great, and in my opinion better than all the anime parts we have now, you should go back and watch it

I eventually did and enjoyed it a whole lot. It was kinda weird, it ended up being much better than the first try just because it was so different.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Part 2 is a pretty great part but the animation is still struggling to do Araki’s style justice

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

ChaosArgate posted:

Its a season's worth of episodes. One cour is 12-13 episodes, so Part 1 and 2 were a 2 cours series, Part 3 was 4 cours with a break in the middle and Parts 4 and 5 were both 3 cours each.

Word. Thank you!

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Notably, a cour (which means "quarter year" in this context) is an actual earth season's worth of episodes, while "season" as defined in broadcast television often spans multiple calendar seasons (such as the U.S.'s "Fall" season generally lasting to late spring).
Anime usually defines seasons by ordered production runs, which can air for multiple cours (and can even be split-cour, where a gap occurs in the middle of the broadcast; like a season starts airing in the winter, skips the spring lineup, then finishes in summer).

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

First time asking here - When do you predict DavidPro will be ready to announce Part 6?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Grouchio posted:

First time asking here - When do you predict DavidPro will be ready to announce Part 6?

Part 5 came out of nowhere, so anywhere between now and 2025.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

next year for sure, assuming it's happening. i dunno if they've done location scouting yet but the area part 6 takes place in is kind of not a good place to be visiting right now, virus-wise.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Johnny Joestar posted:

next year for sure, assuming it's happening. i dunno if they've done location scouting yet but the area part 6 takes place in is kind of not a good place to be visiting right now, virus-wise.

More time to draw Larry Csonka over and over again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

Johnny Joestar posted:

Is it ever a good place to visit?