Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Grouchio posted:

Alrighty. If I can't talk about episodes, then I'll post fanart and memes!

Goddamn it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I think that was Subaru's most horrible death yet.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
You. Little. poo poo.

... Well done. :golfclap:

I did not expect that. Like, at all.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Wark Say posted:

You. Little. poo poo.

I did not expect that. Like, at all.

:tinfoil:

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
This is some Game of Thrones thread title poo poo. :haw:

Additional thoughts about this episode: I wonder how much time has passed. The villagers are presumably all dead. Likely because of the Evil Bunnies. But the land being Winter makes me think Emilia died and so Puck is running rampant. I have a feeling Subaru might have been teleported a couple of days into the future instead of a few hours. I'm surprised there was no flash back to the earlier Ice Death by Puck. The villagers' stuff is all there still without dust or webs covering them, so it makes me think this wasn't like a year into the future. It's surprising to me if its been a few hours only, maybe he was in like a coma for a few days but it seems strange he wouldn't have been eaten before then unless the Elves were protecting him until then.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I can’t believe Petra has the bun bun of murder. Clearly she’s part of the cult of bunnies. It’s a long con I tell you.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
oh Garfiel you grumpy cat, it's not even Monday!

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.

MonsterEnvy posted:

I think that was Subaru's most horrible death yet.

truly disturbing:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Wark Say posted:

You. Little. poo poo.

Who me? :allears:

For the record the Echidna bunny gif was an unintentional hint.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Sindai posted:

oh Garfiel you grumpy cat, it's not even Monday!

He's even orange and striped.

Subaru's forgiven people for killing him in an aborted timeline (e.g. Rem, Puck), but I think it's going to be a bit harder to get over someone killing his friends right in front of him.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
I feel like you could see the gears in Roswaal's head turning when talking to Subaru; like Subaru to his perspective just ALL OF A SUDDEN asks about the Not!Fake grimoire (an interesting detail Subaru missed is the connection between a 'Tome of Wisdom' and a Grimoire of the Cult) and whether Beatrice is a cultist, whatever Roswaal happens to know you gotta think that's making him think about things.

It's a good thing maybe from Subaru's POV that this was a dead end timeline because I feel like that had to have consequences down the road otherwise.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

^That does kind of make me wonder what a fan-edit of Re:Zero that only has Subaru's final loops would feel like. Intentionally decoupling the viewer from Subaru's perspective might be interesting.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Someone did make a video like that. Its about 3 hours long I think

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Sefal posted:

Someone did make a video like that. Its about 3 hours long I think
Five Hours, Forty Three Minutes and Eleven Seconds for season 1.

(Saw it together with my bandmates).

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

A superior cut
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l05xSFs3mkc

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Wonder what this week's break short will be considering Otto gets ripped in half? Echidna diaries??

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Lurking Haro posted:

Echidna is written Ekidona in kana.

"that's what I'm representin'. Never seen a mic hog spit like a menace"
- My brain, despite my best efforts.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Isekai Quartet was being just as cheeky before this season started.

HppyCmpr
May 8, 2011
Wow that episode was a ride, you can feel the relief in the final scene; very well done.

I can see why Grouchio is so passionate about the LN; gif was top notch though.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOHB0rSWVAo

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Raxivace posted:

^That does kind of make me wonder what a fan-edit of Re:Zero that only has Subaru's final loops would feel like. Intentionally decoupling the viewer from Subaru's perspective might be interesting.

At some point someone mentions that, to other people, Subaru seems like a guy who is just miraculously always in the right place at the right time.

(this is also why he gets treated with suspicion sometimes)

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Watching loopless subaru in action is like watching a hurricane of bad decision making coming right at you only for it to swerve at the last second and hit your worst enemy instead.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse

Wark Say posted:

Five Hours, Forty Three Minutes and Eleven Seconds for season 1.

(Saw it together with my bandmates).

I found it somewhere once and started watching it but the audio on that copy was one of the worse I've ever heard. I can't remember exactly how it was bad but imagine if they made it mono, dropped the bitrate to under 64k, and included copious clipping. I could make out the words but any BGM sounded like telephone hold music on a low bandwidth line.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZER4ncUTyQ

Who thinks Echidna is best girl now?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I said she was a nice lady the first time she appeared and time has proven me right.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I never had any doubt that she was the best girl.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

with the Witch of Greed acting as more of a therapist than anything, I'm starting to wonder if even the Jealous Witch is evil. the heart crush thing suggests as much but it's still up in the air

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
that was great.

it was like the head in lap scene from season 1 but even more cathartic i imagine for subaru. though it was depicted as less, i think. idk!

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I screen capped a bunch of echidna faces cause they were so good. Including...:

So cute..... She's kind of shocked and awkward because she's very used to people fearing her I think. I bet that she only made him forget about her because she was worried he'd hate having met her. I hope she really does turn out to be nice and not have a deeper darker motivation. :ohdear:

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Hold up, did Echidna say Subaru had the Sloth Witch Factor? Is he gonna be throwing invisible hands now? And will he be imitating the best flight in all anime?

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
So with Echidna it seems like Subaru has someone he can confide in without his heart being crushed by a shadowy hand but I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop and for Echidna to do something horrible.

Armani Glasses
Feb 29, 2008

They're for reading.

Starsnostars posted:

So with Echidna it seems like Subaru has someone he can confide in without his heart being crushed by a shadowy hand but I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop and for Echidna to do something horrible.

Well.. She serves gross tea , so I'm afraid she's unsalvagable.

Rudoku posted:

Hold up, did Echidna say Subaru had the Sloth Witch Factor?

I think she mentioned it on her first meeting too, possibly episode 1 or 2? But it's not been elaborated on much.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Armani Glasses posted:

I think she mentioned it on her first meeting too, possibly episode 1 or 2? But it's not been elaborated on much.

I think Beatrice was the one who mentioned it.

How can Echidna be the best when she doesn't even have the guts to confess like her much superior colleague?

Bet she doesn't even spread her love around to many completely sane and level-headed devotees...

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Echidna is also the only other person to have experienced death like Subaru.

They just have so much in common

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Very interested to see if the twist is going to be the witch isn't evil at all and it's actually the council of old men who suck or the witch is a gaslighting, negging sociopath.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
i do think it's awesome that one of the main difficulties subes is having is that: he's dealing with someone who's fickle and acts dramatically based on gut reads of subes

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

I'm calling something here.

Tome of Wisdom that knows the future? Roswaal has a secret territory that just so happens to include the grave of Echidna? They're a badass supermage? Beatrice lives in a secret library - a font of knowledge? Echidna's all about being greedy for knowledge? Roswaal's family serves Echidna, Beatrice was created by Echidna, and the Sanctuary was intended only to let humans in and keep Satella out but oops it accidentally hit demihumans too. Echidna directly controls the trials. I do not know why they don't like Emilia. Maybe just to force Subaru to learn about the Echidna faction, which she really wants him to join.

Just speculation, but I think it's pretty well supported so far. Really want to learn more about Gospels and Witch Factors though.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

I'm calling something here.

Tome of Wisdom that knows the future? Roswaal has a secret territory that just so happens to include the grave of Echidna? They're a badass supermage? Beatrice lives in a secret library - a font of knowledge? Echidna's all about being greedy for knowledge? Roswaal's family serves Echidna, Beatrice was created by Echidna, and the Sanctuary was intended only to let humans in and keep Satella out but oops it accidentally hit demihumans too. Echidna directly controls the trials. I do not know why they don't like Emilia. Maybe just to force Subaru to learn about the Echidna faction, which she really wants him to join.

Just speculation, but I think it's pretty well supported so far. Really want to learn more about Gospels and Witch Factors though.

Everyone hates Emelia because Satella looks just like her.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Nitrousoxide posted:

Everyone hates Emelia because Satella looks just like her.

The general people hate her because half-elves look like the witches right? I doubt most people have straight up seen a picture of Satella themselves. But uh, if that's accurate, that does explain Echidna using the trials to screw with Emilia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Pretty sure the trials are generally the same for everyone: "Face the worst part of your past (and presumably present and future)"

I think Emilia's past is just more painful than most.