Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrCodeDude
Aug 31, 2005
Is there a way to prioritize indexer results with Sonarr/Radarr? It was an option in CouchPotato.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002
Not sure about the clients directly but you can sort of with NZBHydra2. However, the preferred indexer has to present a tempting option at all for the clients (e.g. matches the criteria set)

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
Would a Pi 3 B+ be able to handle running docker containers for PiHole and Sonarr\Radarr\NZBGet? Files would be downloaded to a network location so space isn't a concern but I'm more worried about processing power, etc.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

That should be fine. The worst performance aspect will be spending 5 minutes to repair or unpack a movie.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

That should be fine. The worst performance aspect will be spending 5 minutes to repair or unpack a movie.

Eh. I'm not too worried about that. I just check my successful downloads like once a day and that's it. I'll give it a shot and see what happens.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
Arghhhhh American Dad has gone wonky again and replaced a whole bunch of episodes with "better" webDLs from a different season.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Always leave that show unmonitored, and have the Recycle Bin enabled for when things go wrong.

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008

norp posted:

Arghhhhh American Dad has gone wonky again and replaced a whole bunch of episodes with "better" webDLs from a different season.

Yea I always unmonitor that show after each episode downloads. When I want to update with better webs I do it manually, the scene and tvdb disagree hard on that one.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)
My frugal Usenet sub just expired, I didn’t have any real issues with them, but I’m open to other providers as well. Is the list in the OP still current or are there other providers I should check out?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Red Baron posted:

My frugal Usenet sub just expired, I didn’t have any real issues with them, but I’m open to other providers as well. Is the list in the OP still current or are there other providers I should check out?

Eweka has been the best one for me by far, maybe not absolutely the fastest (I tend to top out around 60 megabytes/second on a gigabit fiber connection) but it has been the most reliable in rarely having things fail and is much much less susceptible to getting scrapped bare and wiped out by DMCA poo poo, they seem to just ignore dmca poo poo. They don't do deals as often as most but they recently had a nice deal back in May for 1-yr subscription for $42 which is fantastic.

I also have a newshosting subscription and it's very fast and pulls a lot of weight too. It tends to be cheaper and they have deals more often.

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008

Xaris posted:

Eweka has been the best one for me by far, maybe not absolutely the fastest (I tend to top out around 60 megabytes/second on a gigabit fiber connection) but it has been the most reliable in rarely having things fail and is much much less susceptible to getting scrapped bare and wiped out by DMCA poo poo, they seem to just ignore dmca poo poo. They don't do deals as often as most but they recently had a nice deal back in May for 1-yr subscription for $42 which is fantastic.

I also have a newshosting subscription and it's very fast and pulls a lot of weight too. It tends to be cheaper and they have deals more often.

I agree with Eweka always having stuff that is wiped out on other servers, only downside is the speed isn't the best.

SlipperyNipple
Jan 24, 2010

Red Baron posted:

Did you use the bonus server at all? essentially two backbones now in one service for coverage if needed. Usenetfarm and omicron. last month they also started giving a blocknews account with each yearly subscription so you have retention going all the way back.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

SlipperyNipple posted:

Did you use the bonus server at all? essentially two backbones now in one service for coverage if needed. Usenetfarm and omicron. last month they also started giving a blocknews account with each yearly subscription so you have retention going all the way back.

I didn’t, I literally only found out about it as I was looking to renew my sub. Seems like a good deal now.

Knifefan
Nov 5, 2008
JEALOUS OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE SEX
free-usenet.com is good for block accounts. It pulls from multiple backbones, so it has a decent chance of filling whatever gaps you may have.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Knifefan posted:

free-usenet.com is good for block accounts. It pulls from multiple backbones, so it has a decent chance of filling whatever gaps you may have.

i mainline this as my consumption is pretty low and its failed to get several recent releases before they got DMCA'd, but that was also because i only tried to get them 2 months after release.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
Just note that free-usenet is considered harmful to the ecosystem because rumour is that it's actually not backbone connections but multiple retail accounts that they proxy through to end users

SlipperyNipple
Jan 24, 2010

norp posted:

Just note that free-usenet is considered harmful to the ecosystem because rumour is that it's actually not backbone connections but multiple retail accounts that they proxy through to end users

ive heard that to for quite a few years. every now and then they go offline for a day or so and then appear again. maybe because they get caught and have to move things? i have had an old account there for years but it just does not see much usage at all.

diremonk
Jun 17, 2008

My subscription to DogNZB is about to run out. I already have subscriptions to DS, NZBGeek, NZBFinder, and NZB.su. Is it worth renewing the sub for Dog, or just let it expire?

I'm only pulling 9% of my total grabs from it, at least that is what Hydra is saying.

Bank
Feb 20, 2004
That's a lot of subs..I'd probably just let it run out. I personally only use NZBGeek and I get 90% of my stuff. Otherwise I look for it...elsewhere.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
DogNZB is my favorite indexer, and it's completely usable without paying for it. I haven't paid them a cent since they went to the subscription model and it's my primary indexer (since NZBCat sucks so bad).

diremonk
Jun 17, 2008

Yeah, I know I have a lot of subs. Been collecting them for a couple of years. I pretty much only use Dog to see what got posted overnight that I might want to grab manually. Otherwise I let Sonarr/Radarr do their thing.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
Newshosting's $20/year deal is back https://controlpanel.newshosting.com/signup/index.php?promo=best-usenet-deal-ever

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
I had to basically re-do my Synology NAS from scratch because I decided to undo the RAID to give me more space since I honestly don't care if my movies/tv end up corrupted, i've got a gigabit fiber and it's not too much of a pain to redownload. Space is more important atm. However I decided to take the plunge and upgrade to Radarr/Sonarr v3. I can't say i like the new UI but whatever, things are working good.

One thing though is I never really quite understood how the Quality Profit/Custom Formats and stuff work in Radarr per se, just a general geist of it.

What I want to do is basically have 2 or 3 categories of movies:
- High Resolution/4K content like Blade Runner 2049, Star Wars, Sunshine, etc, you know just stuff that's a real cinematographic treat that I love having super high HQ for and don't care if it takes up 20 GBs. (I suppose the best way to handle this is just get those manually downloaded and then de-list them from Radarr, that's ok with me)
- Good movies I like but don't need super high fidelity on. 1080p H265 movies that I would like around 2 GBs/hr, preferably around 4-5GBs per file on average.
- Kinda crappy movies that I don't really care about but want in 1080p @ H265 format just for posterity mostly and kept at like 1GB/hr max, preferably around 1.5 GB for an entire movie on average. I have a whole bunch of historic CD1.avi CD2.avi poo poo that I want monitored so it upgrades until I hit the H265 version @ 1-2Gbs max. Like Forced to be H265 not just preferred.

I have the Custom Format set using the Preset for x265 that I hope is correct.

I've setup a template for the 2/3rd category but I'm not sure if I did this right. It seems to be downloading non H265 versions.

And I've got this Quality setup but I'd like to have it different by Profile:

From what I can tell setting a size on the Quality is global and not per-profile basis. Is there way to do what I'd like to do with a low-tier of 1080p forced to H265 content and a higher tier of the same but allowing for larger file-size?

e: I think I may have figured it out, I realized I can add a Custom FOrmat for size.

Do I need to click the Required tag? Not clear what that actually means. If I make that with the Required tag check, I can add it to the Profile. Is this going to work?

Would this get to me where I'd want to go with the 3rd category in either forcibly upgrading / downgrading movies to be H265 and capped at 2GB size?

e: I've mostly figured it out and able to control this well now, however I have another question in my post below.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Aug 26, 2020

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
I'm far from an expert, but the Custom Format stuff seems to be a list of preferences, not requirements. i.e. if it only finds a release in h264, it will get that. Later on if a h265 file shows up it will grab that and replace the old one. If you want to hard require/reject certain things you can set that up in Settings > Indexers > Restrictions, though that will apply to all your data not individual files. I had to do this to filter out 3D content.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Takes No Damage posted:

I'm far from an expert, but the Custom Format stuff seems to be a list of preferences, not requirements. i.e. if it only finds a release in h264, it will get that. Later on if a h265 file shows up it will grab that and replace the old one. If you want to hard require/reject certain things you can set that up in Settings > Indexers > Restrictions, though that will apply to all your data not individual files. I had to do this to filter out 3D content.

Yeah I've been playing with it and this seems to be the case. I've now got it setup were it'll download only H265/2GB content by setting a "Minimum Score to Download = 100" where both the H265 and Size Requirement adds +50 to the score so if both are there then it'll download it, if not it won't download. However I'm finding even with my list of index trackers that there isn't always H265 content out there, or way too high file-size for what I want for something like say The Hangover or some other lovely judd apatow movie where I don't want it to take up much space but also not terribly pixelated divx 480p poo poo.

I think I'm leaning towards needing another Docker package that can transcode non-H265 content into H265 if that's all it can find from indexers, and I guess ideally that would be some temporary folder inserted between SABNZB downloading it and before Radarr imports it into the /movies folder. I just recently downloaded Unmanic package which is actually really great for an existing library and I'm saving a ton of space on my TV show folder, but it only can monitor 1-library folder and I'm not sure I'm smart enough to integrate it by hand such it inserts after downloading but before importing and make sure Radarr/Sonarr knows to wait until it finishes.. Anyone have anything like this setup?

Xaris fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Aug 26, 2020

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I found the easiest way to get a nice h265 archive was to just go to my indexer, choose the section then just do a search for a year and order the results by name and do it by hand. Radarr I clear out all the time anyway and just use to get stuff that’s out in the future.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
A scene group has been busted:

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ny-movie-pirates-bust-20200825-p6hiwexxxbd47faukjgvftfqyq-story.html

Group used several aliases, so this affects releases from: SPARKS = DRONES = ROVERS = GECKOS = SPRINTER = ALLiANCE = DEMAND = HD4U = LAZERS = FTP

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Incessant Excess posted:

A scene group has been busted:

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ny-movie-pirates-bust-20200825-p6hiwexxxbd47faukjgvftfqyq-story.html

Group used several aliases, so this affects releases from: SPARKS = DRONES = ROVERS = GECKOS = SPRINTER = ALLiANCE = DEMAND = HD4U = LAZERS = FTP

Man. SPARKS and DRONES are a big part of my library. Lot of FTP in there, too.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I recognize Sparks, but I'm sure I've seen the other aliases around, I don't usually pay attention. This is why I never gently caress around with anything recently released, much less during or pre-theater/street date. Just wait 6 months and nobody will give a poo poo :shrug:

In lighter news, for anyone still working on getting Omni or a similar 3rd party request feature working for their Plex setup, junk all that and just set up a list in Radarr. I tried IMDB first but getting the API URL to work was a little hacky and never really worked right, but themovieDB has worked flawlessly. Just make up a smurf account and give the credentials to whatever friends/family you want and show them how to add a movie to the public watchlist your Radarr is looking at, done. I've used it a couple of times myself just because now I can add any film from just a web browser or even my phone, without exposing any of my actual media pipeline to others.

e:

Xaris posted:

I think I'm leaning towards needing another Docker package that can transcode non-H265 content into H265 if that's all it can find from indexers, and I guess ideally that would be some temporary folder inserted between SABNZB downloading it and before Radarr imports it into the /movies folder. I just recently downloaded Unmanic package which is actually really great for an existing library and I'm saving a ton of space on my TV show folder, but it only can monitor 1-library folder and I'm not sure I'm smart enough to integrate it by hand such it inserts after downloading but before importing and make sure Radarr/Sonarr knows to wait until it finishes.. Anyone have anything like this setup?

I don't see why you couldn't as long as you can define a separate location where it moves files after conversion is done. I've never used a conversion program like that, but assuming you can assign a 'watch' folder, a 'converting' folder and a 'completed' folder, would it be something like:
1. converter watches folder /sabnzbd/downloads/completed
2. converts all content to /conversions/h265/completed
3. Sonarr/Radarr/whatever watches /conversions/h265/completed and moves all files to /media/plex/whatever

If you use torrents or something else in addition to sab you may have to set a common 'completed downloads' folder for everything so your conversion app has access to everything incoming.

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Aug 30, 2020

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
One of the best things about Omni for my use case is that it’ll let you specify different directories based on the requester. That way my friends’ awful TV shows don’t end up on my library, but a separate one I have setup for them.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ha I didn’t know about that feature. Omni the only thing I haven’t set back up following restarting my setup, I should get on it.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
I swear to loving god, whoever puts <title>.<year>.<format>.<audio format>.<group name> into the details of a file needs to loving die. :argh:

I may have to go find a script to strip that poo poo out during post processing cause it's a pain in the rear end.

Fancy_Lad
May 15, 2003
Would you like to buy a monkey?

Irritated Goat posted:

I swear to loving god, whoever puts <title>.<year>.<format>.<audio format>.<group name> into the details of a file needs to loving die. :argh:

I may have to go find a script to strip that poo poo out during post processing cause it's a pain in the rear end.

You can go into Radarr/Sonarr's media management settings and hardcode "I.Want.All.FileNames.To.Be.Exactly.The.Same" if you really want all files to have the same filename. It's a wierd-rear end hill to die on imho...

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

Fancy_Lad posted:

You can go into Radarr/Sonarr's media management settings and hardcode "I.Want.All.FileNames.To.Be.Exactly.The.Same" if you really want all files to have the same filename. It's a wierd-rear end hill to die on imho...

No, not the file name. The details tab if you look at it in Windows. The file gets named correctly and everything but this doesn't get changed. Plex treats it as the name it should be looking for and just has no idea wtf.

Bank
Feb 20, 2004
What pisses me off even more is I have a series grabbed from a group, and the filenames are all correct, but if you look in the metadata of the file, it plasters their group name everywhere. Sometimes I use VLC to watch stuff and VLC will then poo poo all over the first 5 seconds of playing the video. Haven't found a way to remove all of that stuff efficiently yet.

Edit: Oh wait, we might be talking about the same thing here..

Bank fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Sep 2, 2020

Fancy_Lad
May 15, 2003
Would you like to buy a monkey?

Irritated Goat posted:

No, not the file name. The details tab if you look at it in Windows. The file gets named correctly and everything but this doesn't get changed. Plex treats it as the name it should be looking for and just has no idea wtf.

Ahh, that makes more sense. Kodi user here, so probably won't be much help, but it seems like the option of using that data should be a setting on the Plex end vs actually modifying the file to remove (presumably accurate) metadata information?

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
I just checked a few movies and in all of them, Properties > Details > Name matched the file name, and no other fields had any relevant information. Are you sure this information is generated by the group posting the ISO?

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

canyonero posted:

I just checked a few movies and in all of them, Properties > Details > Name matched the file name, and no other fields had any relevant information. Are you sure this information is generated by the group posting the ISO?
I've been having the same behavior with Plex on a few recent downloads and yes, it's definitely put there by the release group. Nothing in my processing chain has any reason to be touching MKV metadata and the "Title" field contains the full release name including group tags and whatever nonsense.

You can actually edit most common formats straight from the Windows "Details" tab, but for doing things in bulk I've always used the mkvtools utilities and a quick bash script.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Speaking of filenames, I'm trying to pinpoint an issue i'm having with episode orders on Plex.

For a number of different shows now, the episodes will all be there but basically mis-tagged. It looks like they're in the right order but when you watch them you start to twig you've missed an episode or it's out of sequence or whatever.

Is it possible it's related to Plex or is that basically just working from a file name, so it's more to do with the postprocessing from NZBGet or the actual file itself?

It's happened so frequently across a number of arbitrary recent and old shows that it feels like something more with the processing. Like if i've got a number of episodes queued, NZBGet applies the file name to the wrong file or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Irritated Goat posted:

wolrah posted:

I've been having the same behavior with Plex on a few recent downloads and yes, it's definitely put there by the release group. Nothing in my processing chain has any reason to be touching MKV metadata and the "Title" field contains the full release name including group tags and whatever nonsense.

You can actually edit most common formats straight from the Windows "Details" tab, but for doing things in bulk I've always used the mkvtools utilities and a quick bash script.

FYI I used to have this problem but the work-around is configuring Plex Movie/TV agents to pickup metadata from TVMDB/IMDB/whatever first instead of using "Local File Source". I believe its under Agents setting or using Library-Settings where you can adjust the order of preference for metadata. If you can't find it, let me know and I can take some screenshots.