Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Far Cry 1 was an impressive technical construction, an okay as a game. It was only the second shooter game (Serious Sam 1 being the first) that wasn't set on a dingy space station or moon, instead opting for a bright, sunny exterior location.

Speaking of SS1, it was a shame the remakes of the first game couldn't manage to pull off the wacky gravity rooms the original engine could do seamlessly, that was some of my favourite early shooter games 'wow' moments.

Also; CONTROL is out of its one year EPIC purgatory now:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/870780/Control_Ultimate_Edition/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
control is v. good

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

Other games aren't really holding my interest after beating outer wilds

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Asleep Style posted:

Other games aren't really holding my interest after beating outer wilds

man i feel this

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

still undermining

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Uptime Sinclair posted:

control is v. good

agreed

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Uptime Sinclair posted:

control is v. good

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Uptime Sinclair posted:

control is v. good

i'm enjoying awe so far

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

i have a special place in my heart for the weird xbox versions of Far Cry, instincts and instincts evolution

i wish there was a way to play them on pc. i mean i guess theres emulation possibly

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
fc5 new dawn’s powers are a throwback to those or so i’ve heard

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
best far cry is still blood dragon

lampey
Mar 27, 2012

I have been playing pixel starships on and off for a while. Released on steam recently and they made a change to the tournament system that balances things better, not favoring spending all day playing. The devs have been releasing new content continuously.

The gist of the game is you make a spaceship, arrange the layout and pick what rooms and crew, each room and each crew has individual ai that you can control, rooms have modules and crew has equipment and training. The ai adds a lot of depth. The last week of every month is a tournament and prizes are awarded. The same group won every one for three years until april this year

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

haveblue posted:

best far cry is still blood dragon
new dawn has some bd weapons amd i appreciated that

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i think i'm the only one but blood dragon's gimmick got old super fast to me

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sagebrush posted:

the thing that bugs me about the fallout games is how it's decades or centuries after the bombs but everyone still lives in a trash heap of rusted metal.

You're only seeing (post-apocalyptic) America, so it's realistic. The rest of the world is Jetsons utopia.

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

3D Megadoodoo posted:

You're only seeing (post-apocalyptic) America, so it's realistic. The rest of the world is Jetsons utopia.

thats not true, everyone got hosed over, there's a ton of stuff in the game that shows this

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Share Bear posted:

thats not true, everyone got hosed over, there's a ton of stuff in the game that shows this

Sure thing, MAGAlord.

The only reason the only post-nuke contact with the US is with Ireland is that the rest of the world has cordoned them off.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

jesus WEP posted:

i think i'm the only one but blood dragon's gimmick got old super fast to me
were you a relatively typical play all the games fc fan before blood dragon or just trying it as its own thing?

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Sure thing, MAGAlord.

The only reason the only post-nuke contact with the US is with Ireland is that the rest of the world has cordoned them off.

this is the thread for video games not fan fiction

i thinkt he wizard robe and hat one is for fan fiction, not sure, never read it, go post there

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

"We have a 80s aesthetic!"
*gently caress-all is reminiscent of the 80s*

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Share Bear posted:

this is the thread for video games not fan fiction

i thinkt he wizard robe and hat one is for fan fiction, not sure, never read it, go post there

Shut up - you're my real dad!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

3D Megadoodoo posted:

"We have a 80s aesthetic!"
*gently caress-all is reminiscent of the 80s*

gently caress the real 80s, i just like neon and lasers

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

gently caress the real 80s, i just like neon and lasers

Who Forsby?

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

Uptime Sinclair posted:

were you a relatively typical play all the games fc fan before blood dragon or just trying it as its own thing?

not OP I didn't like it because the old timey video filters started to piss me off and the gameplay was too much exactly the same as the previous far cry which I mean i could have expected but I'd rather have played blood dragon without having played the previous game if that makes sense

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Feeling like playing something recent when I've finished my first playthrough of Dragons Dogma - CONTROL or the Jedi Fallen Order game tho? P. much the same price right now.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
dogma balls

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

what's up dogma?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Uptime Sinclair posted:

i guess somewhere in between, i had played a bit of 1, all of 2, most of 3

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Feeling like playing something recent when I've finished my first playthrough of Dragons Dogma - CONTROL or the Jedi Fallen Order game tho? P. much the same price right now.
control is v. good

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

bobbilljim posted:

not OP I didn't like it because the old timey video filters started to piss me off and the gameplay was too much exactly the same as the previous far cry which I mean i could have expected but I'd rather have played blood dragon without having played the previous game if that makes sense

jesus WEP posted:

i guess somewhere in between, i had played a bit of 1, all of 2, most of 3
all according to keikaku

i have a theory that blood dragon has the hype it does because a fair number of vocal people played just blood dragon and no other fars cry

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

yeah to me the gameplay was fine but nothing that you couldn’t get from the base game and the aesthetic was way cooler to look at in a 2 minute trailer than an hours-long playthrough

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

NoneMoreNegative posted:

i'd take control over star wars. star wars is merely okay, while control is v good

yippee cahier
Mar 28, 2005

i feel like some complete edition of control is due to come out soon, i think i’m going to wait for that

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

yippee cahier posted:

i feel like some complete edition of control is due to come out soon, i think i’m going to wait for that

the just-released Steam version is touted as the 'Ultimate' with both add-on dlcs included, not sure if they are planning any more after this to make a bit extra cash from the new playerbase though.

Looking at the Steam reviews (never a good idea usually) this version has some always-on connection DRM bullshit that neither the Epic nor the upcoming (sept 10th) GOG version do, so if that's an issue then wait for the GOG version.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Looking at the Steam reviews (never a good idea usually) this version has some always-on connection DRM bullshit that neither the Epic nor the upcoming (sept 10th) GOG version do, so if that's an issue then wait for the GOG version.

reading the reviews, people are still extremely "not mad" that it came out on epic first

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

NoneMoreNegative posted:

the just-released Steam version is touted as the 'Ultimate' with both add-on dlcs included, not sure if they are planning any more after this to make a bit extra cash from the new playerbase though.

if its normal steam drm you have to launch the game once while steam is online and then it can be played offline.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

car atrocities

https://twitter.com/GarbageDotNet/status/1299396190698573824

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

NoneMoreNegative posted:

the ultimate edition is the one you want

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

jesus WEP posted:

yeah to me the gameplay was fine but nothing that you couldn’t get from the base game and the aesthetic was way cooler to look at in a 2 minute trailer than an hours-long playthrough

i liked blood dragon because it was ended where i normally get bored with fars cry