Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Yeah, forgot about Kevin there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

BB22: Yeah, forgot about Kevin there.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
why Julie gotta rub the salt in there with Nicole. I mean she played bad but you don’t gotta call her out

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

A Typical Goon posted:

why Julie gotta rub the salt in there with Nicole. I mean she played bad but you don’t gotta call her out

She did her a favor. Nicole's spent a week calling Janelle a manipulator who was using her and BB Twitter has gotten completely toxic against Nicole. The best thing that could happen was them making up last minute and Nicole saying in live tv that she was wrong and owed Janelle an apology.

Plus she clowned Memphis a little. And who doesn't like that?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

No matter what else happens let us all take comfort that Cody sucked.

edit: And got beat by Kevin. Again.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Aug 21, 2020

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its gonna eat the HGs alive that they left Kaysar and Janelle for last.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

What up, Kay-sar!

Whelp, good bye Kaysar or Janelle.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Chevy tuned up like a Nascar pitstop
THAT WAS EXCRUCIATING

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Short of something crazy like Memphis winning Safety and using it on Kaysar this week is a wrap.

I just kind of hope neither of them win POV so we don't get another week of Kevin on the block.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
How sick I feel is actually making me rethink my whole participation in this fandom.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I get that sick feeling every week. It’s so weird. Like even with Keesha.

I chalk it up BB just being excellent at building suspense. They knew it was Kaysar and Janelle be the house and they dragged it out and kept us hooked.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Are we getting live eviction episodes at all this year?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Lastdancer posted:

Are we getting live eviction episodes at all this year?

after the premiere, probably not

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Realistically there's probably no point. No live crowd means they can just film it live to tape and its a less stressful situation and they can edit any fuckups. I don't think I overly care either, but I'm quickly growing cold to this season.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Wrong thread

Robnoxious fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Aug 21, 2020

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Finally got around to watching the episode. Immediately cancelling my CBS All Access.

gently caress this season.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
Are Kaysar or Janelle having any fun in this house? Kaysar always looks he wants to be out of the house.

I guess that what happens when no one wants to work with you.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Twin Cinema posted:

Are Kaysar or Janelle having any fun in this house? Kaysar always looks he wants to be out of the house.

It's a combination of that and missing his kid

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Twin Cinema posted:

While they both miss their kids and have been ostracized by the house and Kaysar in particular has been taking things really badly, the highlight of the season for feedsters has unquestionably been the two of them reconnecting with each other and being as natural friends as they were 15 years ago and vowing not to lose touch again. Its actually really sweet and both have said its the best part of this experience for them.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I should have waited another 10 minutes before posting that. They’re airing the Kaysar/Janelle friendship package. It’s sweet.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Twin Cinema posted:

I should have waited another 10 minutes before posting that. They’re airing the Kaysar/Janelle friendship package. It’s sweet.

I went into the season as a full on Kaysar/Janelle hater. I still think they’re both terrible at the game, but they’re arguably the only two decent human beings left in the house. A few others are borderline and it depends on who they’re around, but good god do I wish ill on Memphis, Cody, Dani and especially Kevin.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Generally Kaysar and Janelle started fine socially in the BB House. They were both close to Keesha. They both had a good relationship with Nicole A before she got brainwashed by Kevin into thinking they were evil. They've got a good friendship with Bayleigh. Kaysar's made efforts to reach out to everyone especially Ian, David, Christmas, and Day. Janelle was close to Dani before she realized Dani was sabotaging her left and right and then Janelle was hurt.

Its just the usual thing that always happens in the BB house. They've become demonized and ostracized so now just talking to them about whatever gets the cool kids whispering about you and threatening to make you the next target. So they've mostly been left to re-bond alone. Which like, they've taking solace in because they really click and think it sa blessing they've had this opportunity to reconnect.

As we all should take comfort in that through these hard times and terrible season.
https://twitter.com/DukeTheBBDuck/status/1297697324332994560

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Aug 24, 2020

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
"Nicole doesn't like confrontation... but I do." :lol:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't know if BB intended to do it or if its just my bias but Tyler, Dani, Nicole, and Cody all came off low key villainous to me. Like
- Nicole throwing that passive aggressive slight and then trying to back away from it.
- Tyler and Co acting like Kaysar and Janelle were doing something wrong by correctly identifying their alliance and trying to do something about it.
- Dani purposely sabotaging Day and Tyler getting annoyed she was dubious about their fake alliance.

Maybe that's all just my perspective because i don't like them. And I can't deal with Tyler's "you hurt my feelings" bullshit.

Also
"Its a really nice picture."
"I agree."

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Aug 24, 2020

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

If I recall correctly, Tyler's game in his season was playing as a villain but not realizing that he is one.

As for Nicole, her trying to back pedal was pretty funny. "oh my god -- how did that slip out of my mouth? Golly gee!"

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Not only did Tyler not realize he's a villain but most of the fans didn't either.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Well fans also named Cody America's Favorite. So they have issues.

Tyler's a very charming and unassuming guy. He says "My feelings got hurt, I really want to work with you, I don't want people to see me like a snake" and people buy in because like... only a real snake would lay it on so drat thick. And then he deludes himself and rationalizes why it wasn't really his fault, its just the game, the fact that everyone else played it differently from him just makes him better.

Thing is... Cody played that way too. And Nicole. Dani's playing that way too. Its the whole generation of Dan/Andy/Paul/Tyler type players. The New Schoolers keep clowning on the Old Schoolers saying their game was boring and unsophisticated, and the Old Schoolers keep getting frustrated that the New Schoolers are all passive and pretending to play nice. And that's really the "Old School vs New School" thing. Its aggressiveness vs passive aggressiveness. And right now we have a whole alliance of players who play "New School" as snakes who take no responsibility for their "villainy" and instead demonize their targets so they can rationalize why actually they were in the right to betray and blindside them.

So like... Tyler might win this time if he's sitting next to someone who played the same way as him but meaner. But I don't actually enjoy watching it.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Wait where is this Janelle liking coming from? Is it all leftover from her old seasons? Maybe I can't get past the vibes her intro package gave off but she's certainly not rising above being the rear end in a top hat the rest of the house is being to her.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Janelle's honestly been one of the nicest people in the house. The entire house has spent weeks doing nothing but calling her the devil and trashing her endlessly and making up lies and nonsense about her and the worst she's done is call Nicole a whiny rat.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

If I was ever on Big Brother I'd make sure I had the Towers of Hanoi solution memorized.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I always felt like if I was ever on Survivor/Big Brother or knew someone who was I'd advise some sort of intense puzzle solving regime and a nightly visit to carnivals to play games.

I guess the edit found its mastermind/narrator.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Aug 27, 2020

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i would poo poo in the HOH's bathroom and never flush

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I realize they have to increase the suspense, which is why they show Cody thinking about using his veto. But, other than a predetermined back door, has an HOH or someone closely aligned with the HOH, ever used their veto because they changed targets mid-week?

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Twin Cinema posted:

I realize they have to increase the suspense, which is why they show Cody thinking about using his veto. But, other than a predetermined back door, has an HOH or someone closely aligned with the HOH, ever used their veto because they changed targets mid-week?

Yeah! It's not super common, but it happens.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, it happens. Off the top of my head Nicole A became the target after noms last season after Gr8ful formed that mob against her and she got backdoored. I also believe BB16 Amber got backdoored late in the process by Frankie because he turned Caleb against her. I'm sure there's more.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Thanks for the answers. Also, thanks for bringing back the memories of Caleb and Amber.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

If I have to have an encyclopedic memory of the worst of Big Brother then you do too!

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Now Frankie is flooding back.

I am also remembering the fallout of what happened with Christine that season.

e: Just found this article where Christine discusses how they wrote her diary room sessions for her, apparently: https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/big-brother-christine-varner-diary-room-sessions-completely-production-written.html/

quote:

In a tweet, the 29-year-old claimed production members began completely writing her diary room sessions around the fifth week. She also stated they nicknamed her “Crabby Christine” because she grew agitated with them for “making me say stuff I didn’t believe in” or things that never happened.

In another tweet, she clarified producers made her “say sentences verbatim” and would make her start over if she missed a word. Varner claims she got annoyed because this caused her diary room sessions to last for “hours.”

The Arizona-native responded to another fan asking for clarification, and explained that producers don’t write everyone’s sessions, only those who “don’t fit their narrative.”

My DR sessions were 100% production written by around week 5, I was getting so frustrated with them making me say stuff I didn’t believe in, or NOT how it happened, that production ended up calling me crabby christine

— Christine Varner (@MeanyChristiney) July 29, 2020

Twin Cinema fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Aug 27, 2020

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Sometimes I hear the BB community say BB16 was one of the worst seasons and I'm like "That's silly, they just have over the top hate for Derrick but he played a great game and Nicole and Donny were very likable."

Then I remember Frankie. And how much I hate Cody. And Battle of the Block. And the awkwardness of Devon's breakdown. And the coldness of Derrick and Cody cutting Britney. And all the Christine stuff. And poor, poor Amber.

Maybe they're onto something.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Aug 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i think it just looks good because of the season it followed.