Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goons Are Gifts

Although I have to say that apart from this ridiculous density of Sony ads in a movie that's already 100% owned by Sony, I find it very weird how Leto's character is so after finding the baby and adding it to the collection, as if he was unaware of the problems doing so brings with it. Like, he's super pro robo humans and slaves and whatnot and obviously is a plain villain type of guy, but from business perspective it seems unlikely he's blind to the dangers of pregnant slave humans procreating all day long.
Either he's a successful and insane business guy with laughable taste for architecture and no idea of practical office designs, or he's just an insane rich guy with a dumb idea that backfired before and will backfire again. Which one is it, movie, tell me!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

Also also, Sean Young being shown from 30 years ago and edited in to fit so perfectly and make Harrison Ford aroused might be one of the coolest and most stunning effects ever seen in movies. Like, this is the real poo poo, look at her, even Disney couldn't do this with Carrie Fisher and they have literally all the money in the world to do it

Trying

Goons Are Great posted:

Also also, Sean Young being shown from 30 years ago and edited in to fit so perfectly and make Harrison Ford aroused might be one of the coolest and most stunning effects ever seen in movies. Like, this is the real poo poo, look at her, even Disney couldn't do this with Carrie Fisher and they have literally all the money in the world to do it

that was cool

idk about this movie, man. it was like... half-good/5

Goons Are Gifts

Alright since I started this live posting already half way in the movie we're already at the final fight between Gosling and Hoeks and I'm this pumped to see one of them drowning while being choked while the time frame set is Harrison Ford almost drowning.
Being an actor in a movie like this is not an easy job I can assume

Goons Are Gifts

oh but seriously I posted:

that was cool

idk about this movie, man. it was like... half-good/5

Oh yes I feel you, I'm not a super duper fan, I just love the theme, the questions it tries to visualize and the monumental style. It's not a perfect thing, especially in terms of content and in terms of amounts Jared Leto should get his balls mashed in

Goons Are Gifts

It's like, Leto read the script and thought "Hmm, ok, I get it. Be the ultimate :smug:face with drones and the most terrible tie in human history. No problem!"

Trying

Goons Are Great posted:

Jared Leto should get his balls mashed in

may need to rewatch

Goons Are Gifts

Ryan Gosling survives everything in this movie. Again. He lost like 7 liters of blood and is cut open from belly to chest and yet he drives Harrison Ford to his daughter, casually realizing he's bleeding via the old "oh there's blood in my jacket" trick

Goons Are Gifts

Also I feel somewhat bad for him. All he did was his job and all he got was getting disappointed over and over and over again. By his boss, his job, his victims, his very own existence and then he sits on some stairs and the movie ends and we didn't even get to see if Leto is just like "Hmm, my prime slave drone just died, maybe I should send another army due to my infinite power and wealth? Ah nah let's act like this is a happy end for Harrison Ford, he's an old guy!" which, let's face it, he probably isn't

Goons Are Gifts

Alright this is it, brutal music in the end credits, Hans Zimmer did his thing again. I like the movie, it's cool, but you need to be in a certain mood and definitely need a proper sound setup to enjoy it. Excellent portrayal of basic transhumanism though, even though that's more on the book origin than the movies.
Thanks for live posting with me, I'll re-watch Jared Leto's Joker performance in suicide squad now to get my fill of anger and confusion after his poetic role here.

Trying

Goons Are Great posted:

I'll re-watch Jared Leto's Joker performance in suicide squad now

good god

Goons Are Gifts

You know me, I like to suffer.

Jaguars!

Goons Are Great posted:

Go watch it, it's 3 hours long, consists out of 60% monumental music, 20% ads that have enormous nipples, 10% Jared Leto saying poetic stuff and 10% Ryan Gosling bleeding almost as much as DiCaprio in the revenant
This makes me very glad that the live posting concept lives on

Not quite live posting: This morning I put breakfast in the microwave, went round and opened my curtains and put weet-bix in another bowl and was poised to put the milk in before I realized that breakfast was in the microwave

Prof. Crocodile

Jaguars! posted:

This makes me very glad that the live posting concept lives on

Not quite live posting: This morning I put breakfast in the microwave, went round and opened my curtains and put weet-bix in another bowl and was poised to put the milk in before I realized that breakfast was in the microwave

did you at any point kick jared leto in the balls? this is important.

Goons Are Gifts

Just wait for my 38th live posting re-watch of Requiem for a dream for prime ball kicking opportunities

Goons Are Gifts

Hello again, it is horror night and what else makes a movie even scarier than live posting about it! We are watching "It Follows" by the director with three names that are somehow all sur and last names, David Robert Mitchell. Critics love the movie, I don't know it, so I'm curious about it. Weirdly enough, it's rated R in the US and for some reason is ok for 12 year olds in Germany, so whatever is going on here, perhaps the Germans find it less scary??

As with all movie live postings, spoilers ahead

Goons Are Gifts

So a girl is running with high heels on and keeps telling everyone she's OK, those shoes definitely are horror

Goons Are Gifts

Girl's dead. She might have fallen because of the shoes. Stay safe, shoe wearers

Goons Are Gifts

Another girl just killed an ant. I hate her already. Don't kill ants, ants are friends!!

Goons Are Gifts

She had a date and her boyfriend wanted to leave the cinema before the movie even started and they paid like 30 bucks for popcorn, this movie makes me quite angry

Goons Are Gifts

Okay so the synopsis is that It is like an STD, you have it and you can only transmit it via sex with someone. If you have it, it's like that one scary SCP monster, it permanently follows you and if it reaches and touches you, you're dead. If you transmit it to someone else, you're good, as it only follows one person. If the followed person dies though, it jumps back one generation and goes back to following the last living person that had it. It always takes the form of some random human and does not seem to have its own shape, so you don't know for sure where or what it is currently. Scary.

Weird setup, I have many questions how it works, like, how's sex defined in that setup and stuff. Anyways, the ant killing girl has it now because her boyfriend wasn't actually her boyfriend but just tried to give it to her (probably because she earned it for killing that ant) and yeah now we're in the action.

One jump scare so far, not good, not terrible.

Goons Are Gifts

Three jump scares. It's getting annoying.

Prof. Crocodile

sorry im late op i meant to warn you about girl-on-ant violence

Goons Are Gifts

I believe this movie is only rated R because of the ant killing scene.

Goons Are Gifts

This movie is really anachronistic. It's like modern day but they have old rear end TV, the hospital has old rear end equipment, even the cars are like 50s, but they also have smartphones and modern poo poo. It's clearly in the present but somehow it isn't.

Goons Are Gifts

Ok I dunno why this movie is considered so good, I find it boring. The monster idea is weird as hell and obviously some STD reference which I don't really like, I mean ok, it's a teenager thingy and maybe I'm just too old or whatever, but this isn't rely good. It's a creative idea but the jump scares suck, the protagonist is unbearably dumb and the suspense gets old really quickly.
Also, an ant got killed and I'm sure it wasn't an effect but an actual ant that got killed on set.

Thanks for following my annoying live post of this mediocre horror movie about teenagers being bad at visiting cinemas.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
:justpost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
I'm watching Cobra Kai on Netflix. Johnny from the original Karate Kid is going through a character change that, while not nearly on par with that of Jaime Lannister, is certainly noteworthy.

Daniel LaRusso is the series' protagonist, and yet Johnny Lawrence still carries forth that same dickishness that his original character in the 1984 movie was able to portray.

It's enjoyable. If you liked the original Karate Kid movie, this is worth your time.

I am smoking a bowl and downing this shot.

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!