Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Christ, what an rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stack Machine
Mar 6, 2016

I can see through time!
Fun Shoe

Regalingualius posted:

Christ, what an rear end in a top hat.

She made her career with an "actually mccarthyism good" book and it was kind of obvious then that she just gets off on saying maximally offensive poo poo and pissing people off, Fred Phelps style. Knowing that still didn't prepare me for this.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

She’s just a legitimately incredibly stupid person who should just be ignored, but like Katie Hopkins publishing her brainworm nonsense is easy clicks so she stays in the limelight.

I stole an audiobook of hers out of curiosity, and it seemed to revolve around how liberals hated toilets.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Modern day Coulter reminds me of that Onion article about a desperate Marilyn Manson going door to door to shock people.

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

that’s treason, annie

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
It always cracks me up that she’s a Deadhead

Like it’s hyperboomer but Jesus lady

letthereberock
Sep 4, 2004

teen witch posted:

It always cracks me up that she’s a Deadhead

Like it’s hyperboomer but Jesus lady

A relative of mine who posts the most vile, hateful right wing poo poo of anyone I know is also a huge fan of Phish and follows them on tour every year. Compartmentalization is a crazy thing.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Remember when Paul Ryan didn’t understand what the Machine being Raged against was?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

https://twitter.com/ScottTParkinson/status/1298974231691243520

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

MLB games are being postponed now, too. If the NFL season was happening it'd be likely teams would be bowing out.

I'm not gonna side with any pussies who don't wanna play no football game!!!

Edit: The guy's account is from March but the only posts he's made has been in the last 3 days so unfortunately this is likely just a troll.

cage-free egghead has a new favorite as of 15:28 on Aug 27, 2020

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It’s hilarious in the saddest way how many comments I’ve seen like this. How dare someone tackle the guy who just murdered someone and walked away from it!

I also note that skateboard man did the honorable thing and hit him with the top of the deck, rather than the bottom where the trucks are. I saw a video a week or so ago where a guy was harassing skaters for no reason and it got to the point where they hit him back with the truck side, and boy did that rear end in a top hat crumple to the ground.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/elongreen/status/1298816492394491904

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

OwlFancier posted:

If he wants to live out his humiliation fetish by making the far right look like a complete joke I am not going to stop him, I'll jack the man off myself if it would help.

issuing correction on a previous post, regarding Ben Shapiro. you do not, under any circumstances, "gotta handjob them"

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/mrbillybounce/status/1298806231939809280

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Olanphonia posted:

issuing correction on a previous post, regarding Ben Shapiro. you do not, under any circumstances, "gotta handjob them"
:j:

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

that guy definitely got the word "collage" from his wife

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

I aint one o them law people but can he even do anything about it? I know there's laws/rules about republishing art as your own for profit, but his profile picture would fall under public domain or something like that right?

Please say yes so I can picture him talking to a lawyer and the lawyer just going "lol tough poo poo"

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

his account started this march. how old is that image?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

I was going to say that someone ought to tell him about the Streisand effect but I think he's going to learn about it no matter what.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Getting strong vibes from this guy.

Also:

https://twitter.com/mrbillybounce/status/1298782149936590848?s=20

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Joey Freshwater posted:

I aint one o them law people but can he even do anything about it? I know there's laws/rules about republishing art as your own for profit, but his profile picture would fall under public domain or something like that right?

Please say yes so I can picture him talking to a lawyer and the lawyer just going "lol tough poo poo"

If you mean just making a collage of people's profile pictures it'd be fair use. The images themselves aren't public domain, it's usually part of any social network's TOS that they own the rights to images you upload.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Baron von Eevl posted:

If you mean just making a collage of people's profile pictures it'd be fair use. The images themselves aren't public domain, it's usually part of any social network's TOS that they own the rights to images you upload.

the license is generally transferable, also, meaning that other people using the service are also allowed to use the images

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Joey Freshwater posted:

I know there's laws/rules about republishing art as your own for profit, but his profile picture would fall under public domain or something like that right?
When you take a photo, you own the copyright on it. When you post it on a social media site, their terms of service state that they can use it in various ways and by posting you're indicating your agreement to those terms. But you retain the copyright. Finding something on the internet does not mean it's public domain. The "if they didn't want people to take it they wouldn't have left it lying around" argument does not hold any water.

Fair use probably does apply though as the photo was used for commentary/parody.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Isn't it much more likely that the person took the picture from the collage instead of the reverse?

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
I verified that he took it from the collage by looking at the raw file of the Twitter avatar. It has white edges forming a circle instead of being a square because it was cut out of the circle in the collage. (Normally the raw image is a square even if its rendered as a circle.) The image is also lower resolution than the collage when you would expect it to be higher.

In short they are trolling you.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

xtal posted:

I verified that he took it from the collage by looking at the raw file of the Twitter avatar. It has white edges forming a circle instead of being a square because it was cut out of the circle in the collage. The image is also lower resolution than the collage when you would expect it to be higher.

He got us all.

It is we who are the IOSM.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

hawowanlawow posted:

that guy definitely got the word "collage" from his ex-wife

ftfy

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Tiggum posted:

When you take a photo, you own the copyright on it. When you post it on a social media site, their terms of service state that they can use it in various ways and by posting you're indicating your agreement to those terms. But you retain the copyright. Finding something on the internet does not mean it's public domain. The "if they didn't want people to take it they wouldn't have left it lying around" argument does not hold any water.

Fair use probably does apply though as the photo was used for commentary/parody.

i had a really sweet gig once as a mod of a Facebook group for 25,000 target shooting enthusiasts. i responded to 1 pm a month, wrote an auto-generated 'let's welcome new members' post once a week and kicked out anyone that even looked like they might hint at selling a weapon. for this i was paid $250 a month.

in the middle of november last year, some yahoo uploaded a picture of his iced-over target shooting range to the group. i set it as the banner image for the group, as i'd done from time to time for the past 3 years, when someone posted a cool image. the fact that he and the owner of the group have a similar misunderstanding of copyright law as it relates to social media led me to no longer have that gig :/

the gently caress did you put it up for, if you didn't want to share it? the group isn't profiting from it

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/doomcock/status/1298298518680018944

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

I sure do trust a guy named "Doomcock" to have the skinny on Hollywood.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Probably comes from a story that showed up in my "new tab" feed on google from "Cosmic Book News." Which, if you don't know is a terrible alt-right comic book/pop culture site that constantly prints bullshit stories about SJWs ruining everything. The ran really hard with completely unsourced stories about how all of the main OG Avengers cast members loving hated Brie Larson and poo poo when Captain Marvel and the last two Avengers movies were coming out.

I didn't click the story because gently caress giving them traffic and was slightly annoyed to find out Google considered them an actual news source, so I don't know the details behind this particular version of it.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Do they still have their tighty whiteys in a wad over Brie Larson?

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

when have those people ever gotten over anything? their made-up grievances, along with their media consumption, are all they have in place of a personality

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Yeah this guy has a reputation as a dumbass MRA fraud. He regularly posts clickbait poo poo about how we finally got those darn SJWs out of Hollywood and every woman is being fired from everything that always turn out to be bullshit. The latest claim is that Kathleen Kennedy has secretly been fired by Lucasfilm because everything wrong that happened with Solo and Rise of Skywalker was actually her fault the entire time for being too woke and putting girls in movies.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

Photo from the tweet

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Skwirl posted:

Photo from the tweet

HENCE THE QUESTION RADISH rear end

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Skwirl posted:

Probably comes from a story that showed up in my "new tab" feed on google from "Cosmic Book News." Which, if you don't know is a terrible alt-right comic book/pop culture site that constantly prints bullshit stories about SJWs ruining everything. The ran really hard with completely unsourced stories about how all of the main OG Avengers cast members loving hated Brie Larson and poo poo when Captain Marvel and the last two Avengers movies were coming out.

I didn't click the story because gently caress giving them traffic and was slightly annoyed to find out Google considered them an actual news source, so I don't know the details behind this particular version of it.

If google is anything like the way Apple runs the news app built in to iOS they populate those with an algorithm that seems to have no oversight based solely on keywords. Hence the articles that show up under Middle East news that are years old right wing think tank pieces.

There is no one to direct complaints suggestions for improvement at.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/yorun3ko/status/1299031549304807429

Yeah, gently caress making kids happy!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

It also means he probably got paid four times as much money than if they ran the same ad every week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

how do these nerds reconcile screaming "get woke go broke" at wildly profitable movies

captain marvel made over a billion dollars