Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

choosy moms choose .gif

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
you son of a bitch

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
STANDING DESK TREVOR

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Gig Economy Nathan

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Peter Initial Public Offering

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
OBJECT ORIENTED NATHANIEL

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
David Disk Recovery

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
HYPERVISOR MIA

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
POWER BUTTON ELLIS

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
BOOT DRIVE NOAH

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Caroline MOSFET

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Spanish manpage

Forums Medic
Oct 2, 2010

i be out there in orbit
IPO Man

Forums Medic
Oct 2, 2010

i be out there in orbit
Mein Kraft

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Minecraft Holmes

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Jiminy Clickit

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Doctor Whatsapp

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Hellraiserfs

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

MononcQc posted:

Hellraiserfs

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Excel Rose

Forums Medic
Oct 2, 2010

i be out there in orbit
Django Toolchained

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

inglourious bashterds

Neslepaks
Sep 3, 2003

Ace Commodora: PET detective

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
finkle rotary

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
finsta dom

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
SLI Stallone

louis friend
Oct 7, 2005
Patrick analogue

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
EVGA Mendes

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
AMD Serkis

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

John CIPA

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Acer Ventura

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
Andrew Server

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
SUSEn B. Anthony

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
james manchilde

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Darwin deez nuts

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
John Computer

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Dwayne "These instructions are applicable to boxed LGA1150/LGA1151/LGA1155/LGA1156/LGA1200 based processors and fan heat sinks because of the similarity of the installation process. Note that these processors are not compatible between the different sockets because of electrical, mechanical, and keying differences.

Visit Intel® Processor Installation Center for more information on integrating desktop processors.

These instructions assume that the boxed processor and fan heat sink are new and the factory applied thermal interface material is applied to the bottom of the fan heat sink.

At the bottom of this page there are links to installation documents for some of the sockets. These documents include information on how to reset the fan heat sink push-pins, how to reapply thermal interface material, and a link to the installation video.

Push the lever down to unclip it (1) and lift it (2).
step 1

Open load plate.
Open the load plate

Do not touch the socket contacts or the bottom of the processor

Do not touch the socket contacts

Do not touch the bottom of the processor

Hold the processor with your thumb and index fingers. Make sure socket pin 1 aligns with the processor pin 1. Also make sure that the socket notches align with the processor notches. Lower the processor straight down, without tilting or sliding the processor in the socket. Gently release the processor, making sure that it is seated correctly in the socket.
Pin 1 alignment

Open the load plate. Remove the protective cover from the load plate. Do not discard the protective cover. Always replace the socket cover if the processor is removed from the socket.
Remove the protective cover

Very little force is required to close the load plate. Press down on the load plate, close, and engage the socket lever.
Press down on the load plate

With the motherboard installed in the chassis, put the fan heat sink on the motherboard, aligning the fasteners through the holes. Align the fasteners through the holes properly, or you risk damaging the bottom of the fasteners. Also be careful not to damage the thermal interface material attached to the bottom of the fan heat sink.
Put the fan heat sink on the motherboard

Push down on the top of each of the fasteners in an alternate pattern, as shown below, while holding the fan heat sink in place. You should hear a “click” when pushing down each fastener. Gently pull up on each fastener to make sure all four fasteners are securely attached. An unattached fastener prevents a good seal between the fan heat sink and processor, and can result in unreliable operation of the processor.
You should hear a click when pushing down each fastener

Connect the processor 4-wire fan cable connector to the motherboard 4-pin CPU fan header. (The processor 4-wire fan cable connector can be connected to a motherboard 3-pin CPU fan header if a 4-pin CPU fan header is unavailable.)
Connect the processor 4-wire fan cable connector