Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Game now runs the smoothest it's ever run for me, which is cool considering the previous patch wouldn't even launch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Southpaugh posted:

Game now runs the smoothest it's ever run for me, which is cool considering the previous patch wouldn't even launch.

smooth as butter

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Shear Modulus posted:

smooth as butter

Shhh, Harlaus might hear

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo

Shear Modulus posted:

There's this mod that lets you tell companion parties to do stuff like "patrol around this city." I've used it before to get them to stick around my cities and protect villages. it looks like there's an option to tell them to not raid villages but i've never used that option myself so don't know how well that particular option works: https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/493

Just wanted to add that this mod works great for the raiding issue. Patrolling companions keep away enemy lord raiders nicely too. Only minor nitpick is that they forget their orders if I make them join my army so need to reissue orders every time after disbanding them. Still, good mod.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Fewd posted:

Just wanted to add that this mod works great for the raiding issue. Patrolling companions keep away enemy lord raiders nicely too. Only minor nitpick is that they forget their orders if I make them join my army so need to reissue orders every time after disbanding them. Still, good mod.

do they still raid caravans? and does that make your relationship go down with the merchant who owns the caravan and/or like the noble clan that owns that town?

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo

Shear Modulus posted:

do they still raid caravans? and does that make your relationship go down with the merchant who owns the caravan and/or like the noble clan that owns that town?

Pretty sure they don't raid caravans under patrol command, at least I'm not getting any rep hits any more. If I recall the menu right, you can even let them free roam but forbid any sort of raiding. I like patrol better so enemies don't poo poo on my food stores by raiding villages.

Hitting caravans reduces the merchant reputation, don't remember if it's noble on top of that.

Also lol at the new payments you gotta dish out to recruit honorable lords. At least it's finally useful to exploit the poo poo out of smithing. I recruited Calatild with like 50 swords each worth 105k :shepface:

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Playing on the new beta branch, and it was fun until I started joining army battles.

Turns out if we win, it counts as defeat! And I leave the victory screen to an immediate imprisonment!

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Figures. But what happens if you lose the battle? Do you win and take everyone capture?

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Poil posted:

Figures. But what happens if you lose the battle? Do you win and take everyone capture?

IDK I tried it out twice before giving up, but both times the allied army wildly outnumbered the enemies so there wasn't much chance of losing.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

my game has suddenly decided it can't save the game and i have no idea why. I have no mods or anything.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I am not sure why, but this picture makes me feel very uncomfortable...

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

Mesadoram posted:

I am not sure why, but this picture makes me feel very uncomfortable...

I would install this as a mod.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
A photographer took pictures of people before and after she told them they were at war, surrender or die

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
They're so friendly let them go

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Goddamn just had a fairly small battle of my party vs. 4 little ones and my only casualty was my best companion perma-dying

Two of theirs died in battle too but still

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Is there any timeline for substantive updates on this thing? I've been waiting a while to come back to it because it's still pretty raw but it seems to be taking a while

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

terrorist ambulance posted:

Is there any timeline for substantive updates on this thing? I've been waiting a while to come back to it because it's still pretty raw but it seems to be taking a while

Current beta is a pretty big update

https://www.taleworlds.com/en/News/373

the game is good

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
I can't remember who suggested it, but thanks to whoever posted about crafting the biggest 2-handed sledgehammer you possibly can, and riding around bonking people with it after battles. It's been by far my biggest source of fresh recruits in an otherwise war-ravaged landscape, and plus it is absurdly fun.

e: haha, I just gained a level by whacking an enemy lord over the head with my croquet mallet. The three stooges "donk!" sound effect is excellent.

Tree Bucket fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Aug 24, 2020

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

I was kinda hoping to use tournament wins to gear my guy up fast but all they want to give me is helmets

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine

juggalo baby coffin posted:

I was kinda hoping to use tournament wins to gear my guy up fast but all they want to give me is helmets

I find that the different cultures give different stuff. Battanians almost always have a decent mid-level armor, for example. But Vlandians are helmets all day.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Glass of Milk posted:

I find that the different cultures give different stuff. Battanians almost always have a decent mid-level armor, for example. But Vlandians are helmets all day.

My last game was Vlandian and I was rolling in so many helmets that when I got a new companion they had the fanciest of hats while wearing rags until I got the the next town with armor.

Or for like 60 days, cause I kept forgetting to buy the armor and would only remember when I saw them on the field.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Glass of Milk posted:

thanks, that's a good tip. i'd just been doing vlandian and western empire tourneys cause they seem like the most heavily armoured factions

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
There are some excellent mods out there that help with tournaments being more rewarding, including ones that let you set thresholds for reward value or even use a predetermined equipment list, but I don't know how well they're keeping up with patches. Last time I looked into them (1.3ish) they were pretty far behind.

The best one used to be called Tournament XPerience but the dev keeps changing the name.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Battanian tournaments seem to often give out decent cloaks and two-handed weapons, both of which the other cultures seem to be particularly stingy with.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
What mods are people using now?

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

terrorist ambulance posted:

What mods are people using now?

https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/1003

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

trade seems like a very slow and lovely way to make money in this game

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
It is. Smithing 2H swords and javelins is still the best way to make money.

Every time I try smithing though, I just really hope they revamp the whole system. It's a boring slog where you make tons of useless crap.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
lol here's a fun new bug: sovereigns now seem to get a 3 point influence bonus, and independent clans also get this bonus. Joining an existing kingdom as a merc doesn't wipe out this influence, so if you've waited a while you get an immediate boost of money for cashing in your influence

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Glass of Milk posted:

It is. Smithing 2H swords and javelins is still the best way to make money.

Every time I try smithing though, I just really hope they revamp the whole system. It's a boring slog where you make tons of useless crap.

its extremely weird to me that a basic javelin you make with smithing unlocks 10 parts a go, and makes a javelin worth 110k denars, but a very expensive 2h sword made with thamaskene steel unlocks nothing and is worth 70k

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

I’ve unlocked loads of poo poo by smithing 2 handers and mine sell for 100k+

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
In the latest beta patch I have been smithing 2h said and only unlocking one new piece at a time, but I also haven't unlocked enough high level pieces to have the difficulty be significantly higher than my skill level, so take that for what it is.

The whole Victor becomes defeated bug is loving me over, so I've put the game aside for the moment

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
So all of my followers (and my brother) are dropping like flies. Just straight up dying every few minutes of old age :smith:.

Worse part of all is, I don't get the loot they were carrying back.

Also, the horse that your sister has is loving insane. I took that and gave her a stumper because her riding skill is 1.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Mesadoram posted:

So all of my followers (and my brother) are dropping like flies. Just straight up dying every few minutes of old age :smith:.

Also, the horse that your sister has is loving insane. I took that and gave her a stumper because her riding skill is 1.

Wait, does your sister get one of those noble horses that basically never spawn?

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Mesadoram posted:

I wonder what the liturgy at a Bannerlord funeral is. It'd better incorporate references to it almost being Harvesting Season, and the fact that dead men tell no tales.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Ceremonial drinking from the skull of the deceased.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
*weeps quietly in warband sea-raider*
"I will drink from your skull!
It's what you would've wanted."

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
Lots of people on multiplayer this weekend thanks to Gamescom. This would be a good time to jump in if you haven't tried. The balance is improving all the time.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
[solemnly] That was a nice head you had on your shoulders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

(requesting a moment of silence) "Less talking, more praying"