Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

it's very hummus like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
its NUTS!!!! :D

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

re: mattresses, we picked up the novaform 14" king on sale a few months ago and it's been great. it's memory foam but pretty firm so you don't get that sucked in feeling.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Chinatown posted:

its NUTS!!!! :D

"ya'll want more nut sauce from the 'co?"

https://twitter.com/IFLScience/status/1219568675046481920

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

TheManWithNoName posted:

ive decided bitchin sauce is just expensive hummus

ive decided ur sauce isnt bithcin enough :colbert:

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

ive decided ur sauce isnt bithcin enough :colbert:

I've decided ur bitchin isn't saucy enough. :boom:

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I would argue it's actually gotten saucier as the years gone by. It used to be much thicker (:v: heyo) back then. It's straight up almost liquid at this point I.E a sauce.

ShortyMR.CAT fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Aug 28, 2020

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

TheManWithNoName posted:

ive decided bitchin sauce is just expensive hummus

I'll pick up some of the hate for you.

Bought a 3 flavor variety pack. Disliked it.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

They haven't had any at my store for months now :cry:

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
I tried trader joes version of bitchin sauce. I didn't like it, so I'm just gonna assume I don't like the actual bitchin sauce as well. At least until I can try the real deal here in NJ

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Moey posted:

I wasn’t big on it either. :shrug:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I really only like the chipotle. :shrug:

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I had the chipotle and it was ok I suppose. I put it on chicken and rice, and then the rest of it went off and I threw it away.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Moey posted:

Don't get me wrong I actually really like it, but I don't understand why people are putting it on everything. I dip crackers and veggies into it and realized it's just hummus to me.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

just lol if you don't use Bitchin Sauce as a shampoo

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I would argue it's actually gotten saucier as the years gone by. It used to be much thicker (:v: heyo) back then. It's straight up almost liquid at thss point I.E a sauce.

gotta cut costs somehow. oil is cheaper

i havent been able to find it in a couple of years but yeah it was thiccc last i had it

personally my initial reaction was lukewarm on it, but i ate it more and suddenly the whole tub was gone. i think it grows on you quickly. is it absolutely god-tier must have? no not really but it's drat good after awhile

jfff
Oct 27, 2003
indeed

StormDrain posted:

Any reviews on Costco Mattresses?

SO and I bought a Novaform 14" King several years ago. Mattress was ridiculously comfortable for the first few years, but I've found that it's not as supportive through my torso as it once was. SO still loves it.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

280 bucks to Costco today.

Prime Rib and Brisket this week.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

No Butt Stuff posted:

280 bucks to Costco today.

Prime Rib and Brisket this week.

Oh nice. Take some photos?

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

The herbed cream cheese-stuffed peppers in the refrigerated section near the charcuterie meats/cheeses are absolutely delicious. Sweet, a tiny bit spicy, creamy from the cheese...they are outstanding. Great hors d'oeuvre.

The fancy mixed nuts (salted, cashew/almond/macadamia/brazil/pecan) are also very good, but dangerous. It's so easy to sneak a handful here and there all day long before you come to the grim realization you'd eaten 1000 calories of it.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Hard-loving-pass.

It's like putting cheese corn in the tins with the popcorn and carmel corn.

:vomarine:

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Schadenboner posted:

Hard-loving-pass.

It's like putting cheese corn in the tins with the popcorn and carmel corn.

:vomarine:

Chicago Mix is great!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

toplitzin posted:

Chicago Mix is great!

:hellyeah:

Need to keep wet wipes handy tho with that combo of sticky AND flavour powder

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

toplitzin posted:

Chicago Mix is great!

The only good food to come out of Chicago.

Because breaded lasagna and sport peppers are sub par.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

shadow puppet of a posted:

The only good food to come out of Chicago.

Because breaded lasagna and sport peppers are sub par.

Counterpoint: cheese corn is a vomitous atrocity next to which even kettle corn seems edible and deep dish pizza can be good as long as it is an intermezzo rather than the most-regular form of pizza consumed.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

A good chicago dog is god tier.

And so is a hot dipped Italian beef.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

toplitzin posted:

Thinking bout that Portillo’s

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

toplitzin posted:

Chicago food is underrated as hell IMO.

I'm big on the thin crust square cut tavern style pizza.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Virigoth posted:

We go back to the Chicago area a handful of times a year (originally from there). Portillos is always eaten a few times.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Virigoth posted:

Portillos Italian beef is good, man. Yeah totes about it

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Chinatown posted:

Chicago food is underrated as hell IMO.

I'm big on the thin crust square cut tavern style pizza.

I agree. I don't think about it so much because a lot of it is up here in my area anyway. Italian beef is really big here. There's a place downtown that sells Chicago dogs but they kinda suck. Yeah the toppings are legit but you can't have a good hot dog without a good base dog. Their's are tiny and skinny.

I haven't had deep dish in forever but we have a new place here that specializes in it. I used to go to a local place for my deep dish but one time I got anchovies on it and dear god they do not belong on deep dish. They were like 7" long and huge and it kind of ruined it for me. They belong on thin crust. That was my last deep dish. :(

I'm not sure if it's just a Kenosha thing but broasted chicken is good here. I think it's basically just a pressure cooker deep fryer but you can find that at any Italian place.

I've mentioned giardiniera at a sub place once and they didn't know what it was and I was like wtf? People need more giardiniera in their life.

Kenosha also has excellent pizza. And it's all the round but square cut thin crust which I believe is Chicago style. So I'm 100% with you on that.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Aug 29, 2020

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
Seconding that tavern pizza, poo poo rocks.

No idea why everyone assumes people in Chicago strictly eat deep dish. I feel like that is a bi-annual thing.

KS
Jun 10, 2003
Outrageous Lumpwad
I bought a refurb Dyson TP04 from Ebay and it's cool but it broke so it's going back. I'd like to buy one from Church for the warranty. In the last day it went out of stock online. Has anyone seen them in stores?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Moey posted:

Seconding that tavern pizza, poo poo rocks.

No idea why everyone assumes people in Chicago strictly eat deep dish. I feel like that is a bi-annual thing.

the tavern style is great because its little pieces you can eat while drinking and you have 1, 2, slices and OOPS ate the whole pizza.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Moey posted:

This is mostly a thing about everything as it's distilled and filtered through lens of marketing, tourism, internet, and identity filling-void-absent-of-identity. "oh my you just have to have San Francisco clam chowder bread bowls when you come!!" and its like gently caress you nobody here eats loving clam chowder bread bowls and our seafood is all imported you loving morons. Likewise Santa Fe isnt just hatch green chilli enchilladas 24/7, New York isn't just greasy bodega pizza that slides off onto the ground as soon as you pick it up, Laramie isn't just bison steaks, Paris isn't just escargot and crepes, Belgium isn't waffles all day, UK isn't just fish and chips, Berlin isn't just hofbrau and currywurst everyday, Bostonites don't just eat canolia, Chicago doesnt eat deep dish all day, etc. A lot of that just comes out of advertising/marketing/chamber of commerce announcing The Official City Food, and being because its known as The Tourist Food You Just Have To Try! you get a lot of places catering to it in touristy areas but most people don't do it like more than twice a year or something.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
I dated a girl from the philly suburbs who was all “real Philadelphians eat tomato pie.” We don’t, especially if you want a pizza and somebody hands you a slice of friggin’ tomato pie. I mean, you’re gonna be disappointed.

It is true, however, that a “real” Philadelphian would eat a cheesesteak every day if they could. Maybe twice a day.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Xaris posted:

This is mostly a thing about everything as it's distilled and filtered through lens of marketing, tourism, internet, and identity filling-void-absent-of-identity. "oh my you just have to have San Francisco clam chowder bread bowls when you come!!" and its like gently caress you nobody here eats loving clam chowder bread bowls and our seafood is all imported you loving morons. Likewise Santa Fe isnt just hatch green chilli enchilladas 24/7, New York isn't just greasy bodega pizza that slides off onto the ground as soon as you pick it up, Laramie isn't just bison steaks, Paris isn't just escargot and crepes, Belgium isn't waffles all day, UK isn't just fish and chips, Berlin isn't just hofbrau and currywurst everyday, Bostonites don't just eat canolia, Chicago doesnt eat deep dish all day, etc. A lot of that just comes out of advertising/marketing/chamber of commerce announcing The Official City Food, and being because its known as The Tourist Food You Just Have To Try! you get a lot of places catering to it in touristy areas but most people don't do it like more than twice a year or something.

baltimore / the eastern shore is 100% about that blue crab tho

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Virigoth posted:

I'm more of an Al's gal and my whole family thinks I'm loving insane. Portillos is good but Al's is better. Fite me.

Chicago has amazing pizza but god forbid anyone outside of the area bother to actually try Chicago style thin crust or double-decker before immediately making GBS threads their pants about "pizza casserole" as if every joint in the city is lovely pizzeria Uno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

Brazil nuts and Chicago style popcorn both own bones you philistines