Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I know he was more than just an MCU actor, but I was really looking forward to him taking a larger role in that post-Endgame post-Cap/Tony universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Holy poo poo. That's just... gently caress.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
He had a pretty unrivalled output for those years too, unreal, man.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

gently caress.

That's like all I got. This one really got me. gently caress.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Dan Didio posted:

He’s looked very unwell for a while and there’s been a lot of speculation.

I didn’t see the video he shared in April until tonight, but man, he looked awfully thin. gently caress :(

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Goddamn that's loving horrible.

gently caress cancer.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

ImpAtom posted:

It wasn't out until 2022 so probably not.

I don't know how you continue it after this. loving hell he was an immensely talented actor and seemed like a great person. This sucks so much.

I don't think there's even a script for the sequel yet. Maybe you just roll with it and put Shuri front and center?

Regardless, this is just awful news. I still can't even process it.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
:rip: Chadwick Boseman :(

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I thought the thread title was going to be a joke reference to some weird-rear end post...

There's never a good cancer but that one seems especially harsh. drat. Just really shocking and sad news. What a loss.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
God drat, that loving sucks.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Lobok posted:

I thought the thread title was going to be a joke reference to some weird-rear end post...

There's never a good cancer but that one seems especially harsh. drat. Just really shocking and sad news. What a loss.

A friend’s dad died from colon cancer back in April after fighting it for a couple years and it’s just awful.

gently caress cancer, man :smith:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
God drat what a terrible way to start a new thread.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Unreal that he put in so many amazing performances while battling cancer. What a mensch.

:rip: Chadwick Boseman. :smith:

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Whaaat the hell. :smithfrog: RIP

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Surely some of the directors would have known. I imagine you have good days and bad days (or bad days and worse days :smith:) and that would be hard to hide or make excuses for during the entirety of a movie shoot...?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

JordanKai posted:

Unreal that he put in so many amazing performances while battling cancer. What a mensch.

That's what gets me too. Dude really jumped into his post-BP fame with some solid films, and to think he did it all while fighting Stage III colon cancer... man, crazy hustle.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

He gave T'challa great dignity and humanity and I was really looking forward to seeing him become a mainstream lead actor. 2020 sucks.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
drat. Frankly I'm amazed he was 43. Looked so much younger...

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Lobok posted:

Surely some of the directors would have known. I imagine you have good days and bad days (or bad days and worse days :smith:) and that would be hard to hide or make excuses for during the entirety of a movie shoot...?

It's almost impossible they didn't know. You're talking about invasive surgery followed by month-long periods of chemotherapy in this instance. Not to mention the legal issues involved with having someone in that condition work on an action film. I'd imagine most of the cast and crew knew.

Shirkelton fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Aug 29, 2020

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dan Didio posted:

It's almost impossible they didn't know. You're talking about invasive surgery followed by month-long periods of chemotherapy in this instance. Not to mention the legal issues involved with having someone in that condition work on an action film. I'd imagine most of the cast and crew knew.

It is a hell of a thing it didn't leak, but honestly I'm glad for it. He deserved to not have his last days full of people hounding him.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
RIP Chadwick Boseman. This is just awful. I saw Black Panther 4 or 5 times when it came out. A superhero that looked like me. It's just not fair.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I remember some posts, Twitter or otherwise, that were giving him poo poo for looking tired doing the Wakanda Forever sign. Puts all of this in depressing perspective :smith:

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
He was enormously talented and it hurts to think of the career he had ahead of him. He turned the Black Panther into a role model for so many kids and young adults I know.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

This is on the same level as Christopher Reeves accident as far as an actor leaving an impossible role to fill goes. He was instantly iconic. If he was doing the work he was with stage 3 cancer, I can't imagine how good he would have been healthy, either. loving tragic.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Dang that sucks. RIP Chadwick

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

How Wonderful! posted:

He was enormously talented and it hurts to think of the career he had ahead of him. He turned the Black Panther into a role model for so many kids and young adults I know.

Christ, this is the most sobering thought about all of this, breaking the news to young Black Panther fans.

gently caress cancer

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Unlucky7 posted:

Christ, this is the most sobering thought about all of this, breaking the news to young Black Panther fans.

gently caress cancer

When I saw Infinity War in the theater there were a group of young kids in the row in front of me who absolutely broke down when Black Panther got dusted. I can't even imagine how much shittier this must feel.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

It is a hell of a thing it didn't leak, but honestly I'm glad for it. He deserved to not have his last days full of people hounding him.

It's astounding. Guy did three or four Marvel press tours during this.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6J-D86wfxiE

E. Revenant
Aug 26, 2002

If the abyss gazes long into you then stare right back;
make it blink.
God that Boseman news sucks.

I had just seen the Black Jeopardy skit with him in character as T'challa. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzMzFGgmQOc

He really made the role the standout cultural phenomenon that it was. The character might as well not have existed until he brought it to life. RIP man

If you need a laugh in these trying times the Tom Hanks Black Jeopardy is also good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7VaXlMvAvk

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Oh goddammit. That story and he was going through it at the same time. Wow.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

https://twitter.com/tarantallegra/status/1299544269099802624
Jesus gently caress.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

This is terribe news. RIP Chadwick. A great actor taken too soon.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I was already two films deep in an MCU rewatch but I'm probably gonna have to rewatch BP tomorrow. This is just unreal.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Wow, what a terrible time for THE black superhero to pass away. Obviously the man was insanely talented and had so many great performances outside of Marvel movies, but the cultural impact of Black Panther just can't be ignored. I didn't even realize it till just now that, that's the last movie my Grandma saw in theaters before she passed and probably the only comic book movie she's ever seen.

Gummy Joe
Aug 16, 2007

Well, I wouldn't have Ol' Chomper here, that's for sure!
Cancer is such a loving rear end in a top hat of a disease. Rest in power, Chadwick.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

2020 is just a never ending series of nut punches. What a tragedy

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
This wrecked me

https://twitter.com/stjude/status/1040003392444264464?s=21

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Reading this absolutely defeated me. :negative:

I hope he had enough people around him that knew about his cancer to support him through those trying years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

gently caress cancer, jesus christ.