Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I thought about using my Fantasia from Praetorium to become a lala once I got to heavensward and switched to dk so I could be a potato tank

But I just love my FemRoe and her josuke pomp too much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Oh Snapple! posted:

This is a departure from my other posts, but while I'm posting here I just wanted to extend condolences toward everythingWasBees and anyone else who got one of those horrid avatars some time back. I very genuinely don't know who bought them, but regardless of any personal differences, and regardless of whether they came from some little dipshit cspammer or if y'all got to be the victim of someone's poo poo-stirring, I'm really sorry y'all had to deal with that and genuinely wish you hadn't had to.

not replying to this but figured it might get buried at the bottom of the stack.

congrats on figuring out various stuff and welcome. endorph is pretty correct unfortunately about most things being split into yaoi or yuri and bisexuality not being explored too heavy, but i'll drop some maybes for you anway.

Therapy Game is about a medstudent who gets cheated on by his girlfriend and ends up in a drag bar (lotta gay bars in japan have 'mixed bar, straight patrons welcome kinda signs) and then has a one night stand with a really flashy twink that turns into a relationship. a fair amount of yaoi i've read has like a 'im not gay, but i love YOU' thing with these kind of setups but this one ends up straightforwardly treating him as bisexual. it's been a while since i've read it but i think goes a decent amount into him wrapping his head around being in love with a man. his bf is really fun and maybe the setup of a " " "straight" " " character ending up with someone really flamboyantly gay and them figure stuff out could hold something for you. (dunno how to say what i mean eloquently so sorry if this sounds rude) you can find all the later volumes on certain shady sites.

if you want stuff with women pickings are slimmer ime/stuff you'd find tagged as "bisexual" would mostly be lesbians dealing with comphet i think. it's been a long time since i've read it but Octave probably definitely falls in that category. it's worth reading in general though so check it out.

finally Honeymoon Salad is about two women dating a man in a kinda messy poly situation. i thought the women ended up having a really strong romance but it's a lot less explicit (particularly, in a sex way) than their romances with the man so your mileage may vary heavily. the author of this wrote one of my favorite yuri manga ever though so it's not like they don't do gay poo poo.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm learning that there's more non-cis people in ADTRW than I might have assumed and why some stuff I've said in the past might've stepped on more people's toes than I intended it to.

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I don't play FF14 because I want stuff like iframes and perfect attacks in games, so I play pso2 instead, that's close enough. And it's my own personal dysphoria assuager, so that's relevant enough, right?

My MCast and FCast:

Making cute guys in this game is extremely hard but I feel extremely satisfied when I manage to actually do it. Lets me get the happiness of doing and wearing things I could never get away with in reality by virtue of having poo poo like broad shoulders that will never be able to make any form-accentuating outfit look good.

I keep meaning to play pso2 but it just won't be the same as PSO1.

I love the aesthetics of the androids and weapons in those games, though.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

wow cute

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

she's got a hat

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Oh Snapple! posted:

This is a departure from my other posts, but while I'm posting here I just wanted to extend condolences toward everythingWasBees and anyone else who got one of those horrid avatars some time back. I very genuinely don't know who bought them, but regardless of any personal differences, and regardless of whether they came from some little dipshit cspammer or if y'all got to be the victim of someone's poo poo-stirring, I'm really sorry y'all had to deal with that and genuinely wish you hadn't had to.

Please don't worry too much about it. I honestly got a good laugh out of it given that it was so out of nowhere.

Also like people have bought me lolicon bestiality gifs so it's far from the worst thing I've gotten. I genuinely still don't know what the hell caused that one.

Your sentiments are appreciated though.

everythingWasBees fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Aug 26, 2020

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

thank u for catgirl validation

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
my catgirl is name kaltsit and her chocobo is name red after the lovely women of arknights :angel:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

my femroe is bams magams and her chocobo is named chugalug

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Rody One Half posted:

just post your ff14's

'kay.

P'tajha Tenbe (Chocobo: Khamsin)

Ardent Rose (Chocobo: Myrgansunn)

Doyi Borlaaq (Chocobo: Charakha)

Sofine Terrechant (Chocobo: Janremi)

Maetihwab Irynhyllsyn

Leodaire Charlemend

Sosuke Bosuke

Fantasias are too expensive to buy on the regular, so I have a bunch of alts for whenever I feel like something different.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
I still have two fants per char from the old vet system (I think) so I can try out something if I want. my alt Asteria Hoshinoko started as an au ra but is currently a bunny by way of elf so Im waiting for the ultima fant to change back to elezen. Also Ive had no comments on my name which I thought rather clever :(

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I downloaded the Shadowbringers benchmark cuz it lets you play around with the character creation system but it’s just not the same as having alts :(

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Rody One Half posted:

just post your ff14's

my crystal alt has powerful energy

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Acerbatus posted:

I'm not sure I get it but it sounds like a good thing. :cheerdoge:

I didn't get it until I actually experienced it

Then I put on a skirt and got called "girlfriend" for a week and got "she"d in public and saw a girl in the mirror and it was like

oh

it is possible to actually be happy about gender things

that's what they were talking about

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Rody One Half posted:

just post your ff14's

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
I don't have a sub rn but here's an old pic of my catgirl in her astro uniform while leveling.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

I played for a month and stopped so my armor's a low-level clownsuit. My hair is obviously a massive pompadour.

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

This made me tear up a little

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

its a sweet sentiment but 'attracted to both sexes by nature, most just havent accepted that' is, uhhh

i get what they mean from one direction but if you flip it to think about gay people its a little rough

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
drat... gay erasure... i thought Id see the day

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
gay erasure head

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Saying that "some people say X" is not the same as asserting that X is definitively true

Like Eric (the owl) is basically inventing queer theory all on his own here and trying out a lot of ideas to see what works

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I agree with galaxy brain bird, being attracted to who you are attracted to is a good way to live life.

Endorph posted:

its a sweet sentiment but 'attracted to both sexes by nature, most just havent accepted that' is, uhhh

i get what they mean from one direction but if you flip it to think about gay people its a little rough

I mean you COULD read that into it, but taking into account everything he's saying I don't think that's what he's saying.

I know a gay guy who had a real breakdown because he was attracted to a girl, and I bet most people here can think of a time a straight person they know got nervous because they found someone of the same gender attractive.

The point isn't "you're not REALLY gay" or that you need to give every man/woman a chance, it's that if you find you DO end up being attracted to someone of a gender you aren't usually attracted to it's fine! It doesn't make you weird or a fake or anything, don't lose sleep over it (or any more than you would over any other crush).

Hell I'm normally attracted to women and I'm dating a guy simply because I was attracted to him as a person enough that gender wasn't important. :shrug:

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Aug 29, 2020

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Oh, yeah, I think you guys are slightly overestimating how much like, stock or drama im putting into this, it's more just a 'kinda eh but i get what the intent is esp. in context' not any kind of serious criticism

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Toalpaz posted:

drat... gay erasure... i thought Id see the day

I liked their ABBA covers best

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Am I late to the party?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

New Love Me for Who I Am.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/1023225

Mogumo's parents act somewhat like mine did, which doesn't bode well.

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Sep 5, 2020

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Local dog's brain breaks when confronted with our Heroes' Gender Problems in the latest Witch's Servant.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

I Am Fowl posted:

Local dog's brain breaks when confronted with our Heroes' Gender Problems in the latest Witch's Servant.

This might've been the funniest chapter of the whole manga yet. I'm really glad that the queer-as-hell relationship stuff has for all intents and purposes become the main plot while the demons-and-monsters part is mostly background worldbuilding (and the worldbuilding is really interesting, too: Everything is set up very fantasy-like, with kingdoms and dragon-hunting tribes and apparently no real police forces or centralized authority; but the buildings and clothes look distinctly modern, and the prequel manga revealed that cars exist).

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
It's essentially become a romance manga with some action in the background now and it's great.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Carpator Diei posted:

This might've been the funniest chapter of the whole manga yet. I'm really glad that the queer-as-hell relationship stuff has for all intents and purposes become the main plot while the demons-and-monsters part is mostly background worldbuilding (and the worldbuilding is really interesting, too: Everything is set up very fantasy-like, with kingdoms and dragon-hunting tribes and apparently no real police forces or centralized authority; but the buildings and clothes look distinctly modern, and the prequel manga revealed that cars exist).

Really hoping the romantic triangle resolves itself into a polycule because this is the manga to do it well.

Kupo!
Sep 14, 2009

Just follow me through this wall, I can show you things
no mortal eyes were meant
to see.

I Am Fowl posted:

I binged the entire series and this panel is even funnier with the context.

I really like all the main characters in this, I hope they all end up happy in the end. :3:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
After all the chapters that have been released, the extras for How To Make a (Girl) Fall In Love are out too, and we finally see Hiura's perspective.

At this point I'm 100% sure Hiura is a trans girl who hasn't quite fully cracked yet, but is well on her way.

I mean. "I'm just crossdressing to hook up with the guy I like, honest" or being happy that your face is becoming softer or teasing your boyfriend because he's been having impure thoughts about you.

I mean, come on. I know Japanese media rarely comes out and says "this person is trans" explicitly, but come on.

Also:

:thunk:

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Glad they clarified that the principal is not a ghost.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Trans rights ghost principal is my band name so I'm glad they didn't steal it

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Who ever linked school zone (Im too lazy to check) thank you. This manga is a blessing.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Ohhhhhh noooo the ending of that latest 'The Two of Them are Pretty Much Like This'

(is there a 'gay crush' smilie?)

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I felt that thousand-mile stare in my bones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

In the most recent chapter of Kimi no Sei, daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayum

Man, this is a pretty good series so far. Also, I feel you, Iori :smith:

AAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Oct 8, 2020