Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Is it the Shapiro family gig to post embarrassing tweets?

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

I'm no expert, but I thought Ramen had noodles in. Where are all the noodles hiding?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
In shame.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
(Psst, this ramen recipe is way tastier than anything Abby makes and it's easy and vegan and I stan it)

E: I found an older take on ramen a la Abby: https://twitter.com/classicallyabby/status/1214387502318063616?s=20
At least she remembered the noodles that time

Pththya-lyi has a new favorite as of 04:29 on Aug 29, 2020

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Jollity Farm posted:

I'm no expert, but I thought Ramen had noodles in. Where are all the noodles hiding?
Under the soup, which is, uh, clearly not miso broth.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

OwlFancier posted:

The best theory I had was that a lot of second wavers actually got very big in academia here, and now they're the establishment and old and conservative and have a disproportionate amount of power and platform as a result.

It's really wild that they've basically reinvented all the poo poo that was slung against early feminists except it's now them saying it about anyone who doesn't conform to their idea of femininity.

That happened in the US, too, but a big racial justice movement in feminist around 2010 ended up pushing those people leftward or out of power. Meanwhile their UK contemporaries were able to rest on their laurels until they could be radicalized by TERFs and their conservative backers.

chitoryu12 posted:

His sister, Abby, runs a trad orthodox YouTube channel that's all about her being extremely conservative and anti-feminist and saying you're a slut if you don't cover as much skin as possible, in between making some of the worst food seen by mankind.

Take one KFC bowl with BBQ chicken, add water and garnish with eggs.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Honestly, how do you gently caress up eggs so badly???

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Liberals worldn't support fascists if communists didn't exist

https://twitter.com/aaronsibarium/status/1299456083858198530?s=19

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

"You made me do this" they said, fully erect

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Pththya-lyi posted:

E: I found an older take on ramen a la Abby: https://twitter.com/classicallyabby/status/1214387502318063616?s=20
At least she remembered the noodles that time

Lol are those noodles from a pack of instant ramen?

Bogus Adventure posted:

Honestly, how do you gently caress up eggs so badly???

Wait what? The eggs seem to be the only things she gets right here.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

OwlFancier posted:

The best theory I had was that a lot of second wavers actually got very big in academia here, and now they're the establishment and old and conservative and have a disproportionate amount of power and platform as a result.

It's really wild that they've basically reinvented all the poo poo that was slung against early feminists except it's now them saying it about anyone who doesn't conform to their idea of femininity.

Isn't Germaine Greer still kind of big in your neck of the woods?

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Mak0rz posted:

The ones in the KFC bowl look pretty ugly.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

bony tony posted:

Isn't Germaine Greer still kind of big in your neck of the woods?

I think she's died down a bit in the last couple of years, but yeah, until very recently she was (and probably still is with certain sections of the population) quite popular. She was on TV a fair bit.

Mak0rz posted:

Also yes I don't know what the deal is with the rest of it but I wish I could cook eggs like that consistently, they actually look real good, would eat them for breakfast in a cup with soldiers.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Bogus Adventure posted:

The ones in the KFC bowl look pretty ugly.

I agree that the presentation needs work, but sorry they are cooked to perfection.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

MizPiz posted:

Liberals worldn't support fascists if communists didn't exist

https://twitter.com/aaronsibarium/status/1299456083858198530?s=19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbD1XDhKr8U

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Mak0rz posted:

I agree that the presentation needs work, but sorry they are cooked to perfection.

Different strokes. I don't like soft-boiled eggs in soup.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Can we just agree that fried chicken probably shouldn't be in soup? How do you stop the breading from getting soggy and sliding off?

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
"Hey Ben, can you explain how to do a Leading CX Question?"

"The best way to trap your oppenent in a Leading CX Question is-"

"No, I want to know how lead your wife and big-titted sister into a hot, sweaty three-way."

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

OwlFancier posted:

Also yes I don't know what the deal is with the rest of it but I wish I could cook eggs like that consistently, they actually look real good, would eat them for breakfast in a cup with soldiers.

I can’t cook for poo poo, but getting them from the hot water to an ice bath is key. I agree, the eggs look great, they just need some pepper. The noodles look like 20c garbage.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Anora posted:

So Call of Duty put Reagan in their game, people are having fun:

https://twitter.com/KharloKong/status/1299224801161216000

tbf to the AIDS one , he finally cared when a white actor friend got it.

also i hope theres astrology ones too.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

PhazonLink posted:

I don't think that's fair at all.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Got a live one for the thread

PhazonLink posted:

also i hope theres astrology ones too.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I don't know what threads I've mentioned it in, but my company is run by chuds and it's a horrible hell. My direct boss was talking about how good Lil Ben is at debating yesterday and it was real hard for me to bite my tongue

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Got a live one for the thread

https://twitter.com/dril/status/831805955402776576?s=20

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Also it's not even true: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/feb/03/nancy-reagan-refused-help-dying-rock-hudson-get-aids-treatment

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Bogus Adventure posted:

Different strokes. I don't like soft-boiled eggs in soup.

In that slop that femben made sure, but if my eggs are on noodles you better believe I want those babies bright orange and runny

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Ramen eggs should have a gel yolk. They should also have been soaked in a soy brine too. Soft boiled eggs are for dunking soldiers in and shouldn't go anywhere near ramen.

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
Even that egg is too cooked. It's almost impossible to get the egg right without sous vide. 60 centigrade for an hour should get you close.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Babylon Astronaut posted:

Even that egg is too cooked. It's almost impossible to get the egg right without sous vide. 60 centigrade for an hour should get you close.

:chloe: It's just an egg. No need to make things complicated.

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
Have you had an egg before? You cook them many ways for different reasons and preferences.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Isn't ramen with eggs a dish that's been prepared for literally centuries (if not millennia) before the invention of the sous vide?

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
No, not really. The function was done with a natural hot spring that held a constant, sub boiling temp, forever. Also 90% of ramen is nowhere near a thousand years old. Most ramen you can buy at a shop was invented in the post-war era. The 20% or so that's older was from the Edo period. There's a vanishingly small number of ramen dishes that approach 1700 years old, but they are few and far between.

Babylon Astronaut has a new favorite as of 09:17 on Aug 29, 2020

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
I'm gonna make some packet ramen with some eggs now, thanks thread!

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

mng posted:

I'm gonna make some packet ramen with some eggs now, thanks thread!

#tradwife #tradlife

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.

Have you had an egg before? You cook them many ways for different reasons and preferences.

My friend would mix the egg completely into the ramen broth. Now that is a crime.

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

I know we moved past it but loving lol at the Goon who thinks their labour/tory marriage split is actually any different in 2020

Unless they supported Corbyn in which case your husband is a small c Conservative and a big C oval office?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Actually ramen bricks with chicken powder packets date back to the 14th century bc.

The first cup noodles was found buried with King Tutankhamun.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

#wifeme

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

There's not a single emoji in this bowl.