Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goblox
Sep 13, 2012
I just wanted to say how much I am in love with my Alec Bradley table lighter. This thing is perfect, looks great, and is super easy on fuel.

My pipe lighter is poop. It barely holds any fuel and I find myself constantly filling it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
I just smoked a Man O’ War Puro Authentico and it was pretty good. Not sure it’s $8 MSRP good but I’m glad I tried it and it’s probably worth smoking if you see it on special. I don’t think it holds up to a lot of other offerings in a similar price range but it was tasty enough.

Kenning posted:

I have bad news thread. There was a bunch of mold on several of my Montecristo Whites. Of the 10 I got, have developed mold since I got them last week, including a bit on the foot. Is there any intervention to save these smokes? It's a nice cigar, and I'd like to enjoy more of them. I kept them in cello, so I'm hopeful that the spores haven't colonized the rest of my humidor, especially since I haven't moved them much since putting them in. I assume one of the 5-packs was infected.

Do I need to do anything to protect the rest of my collection? I have, uh, several cigars that I'd prefer not to lose.

I think the general advice is to gently clean the mold off with a damp towel (possibly with a small amount of alcohol) and to quarantine them in a separate box. It seems like if the mold gets into the foot though you’re probably boned since it could be growing inside the cigar. I don’t know poo poo about cigars so maybe wait for the more experienced folks to chime in.

goblox posted:

I just wanted to say how much I am in love with my Alec Bradley table lighter. This thing is perfect, looks great, and is super easy on fuel.

I have this same table lighter but it’s branded Mantello, got it for $25 on amazon, and I love it as well. I also find I’m having to refill my smaller lighters fairly constantly.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Kenning posted:

I have bad news thread. There was a bunch of mold on several of my Montecristo Whites. Of the 10 I got, have developed mold since I got them last week, including a bit on the foot. Is there any intervention to save these smokes? It's a nice cigar, and I'd like to enjoy more of them. I kept them in cello, so I'm hopeful that the spores haven't colonized the rest of my humidor, especially since I haven't moved them much since putting them in. I assume one of the 5-packs was infected.

Do I need to do anything to protect the rest of my collection? I have, uh, several cigars that I'd prefer not to lose.

What color is the mold? White mold is usually just rub it off. Blue or green mold you could try rubbing off and putting in the freezer for a week and see if it comes back.

Some coronavirus related pay cuts at work are being relieved, and I'm really excited to be back at my old purchasing power. Gonna pick up an extra box or two to celebrate!

E: also turns out one of my hygrometers is 4% off the other, so I have been chasing down a nonexistent issue because I had a few crummy sticks l-m-a-o

NewFatMike fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Aug 26, 2020

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
I had to go sign some paperwork at the bank and my B&M is on the way so I stopped in. Smoked a Tatuaje Verocu Petite Corona and almost cursed the Flyers. I also picked up an Ashton VSG and a Padron 1964 natural. I smoked a VSG before and it didn’t do much for me but I figured I’d give it another shot since it may have been poorly humidified (or I’ll prove I don’t like Sumatra wrappers). I’ve never had any of the Padron Anniversary series so I figured I’d grab one and smoke it this weekend.

They have two memberships at my B&M one which is a $1000 flat fee that gets you 24/7 access, 10% off singles, and 15% off boxes, a humidified locker in the members area, plus some other random perks and one that is $200/month but you get a corresponding store credit with the same benefits as the flat fee membership. I’ve debated signing up for the winter but it’s probably cheaper if I just buy some sort of heating contraption for my back porch.

What do y’all rig up for the cold months?

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011
No (public) indoor smoking in my state. There are a couple private clubs but they are pretty exclusive. I put on a coat, fire up a heater and hang out in the brewhouse/woodshop next to my house.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
I take back all the bad things I said about you VSG, please forgive me, I love you. I think the first one I smoked was super dry or something because this one I picked up from my B&M yesterday is amazing.

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

Woo WOO, Look a Parrot...
LOOK AT IT!
VSG = best Ashton. The ESG is subjectively better but not for the price difference.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
You’re killing me thread, I demand content! I’m just over halfway through the old thread and I won’t know where to go after that.

I think I have to take back all of my Sumatra hate and perhaps blame myself for a poorly humidified Ashton sampler which had the VSG and a San Cristobal Revelation. I smoked the VSG last night and the Revelation today, both of these cigars were very good on my repeat. My guess is the Undercrown Sungrown is still mediocre though.

I also placed my first order for some cuban cigars so here’s hoping everything goes smoothly with Covid shipping, customs, and what not.

I bought so many cigars early on and I’m sitting on a mess of Rocky Patel, Gran Habano, Alec Bradley, AJ Fernandez, and random assorted samplers and when I look in my “haven’t smoked it before” box I’m mostly filled with sadness and then I go look at the “good” box and I want to smoke those. I feel like a kid who has to eat his vegetables.

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

LOOK AT IT!
I have to work the next 14 days straight. I apologize for any lack of content this may cause.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Ophidian posted:

I have to work the next 14 days straight. I apologize for any lack of content this may cause.

Okay I will grant you a temporary posting exemption :chaostrump:. Also drat that sounds brutal. On call or some sort of special project/deadline?

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

LOOK AT IT!
.edu

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
Are the My Father Special... special? I’ve been debating buying a box of DPG Blue and a three pack of the My Father Special are a free bonus item on Famous Smoke right now with the DPG Blue box (and I’m sure other stuff). All in it would be $145 on Famous. The same DPG Blue box is on CigarAuctioneer for $95 with no bids and would end up being $110 all in. Probably not worth the extra $35 but I figured I’d ask.

Speaking of Famous Smoke, I don’t know if this is single use or not but I got emailed a promo code for $15 off a $75 purchase (20% off if you hit it exactly). The code is 51CXE57HCRUP if anyone wants it, that should cover taxes and shipping on a smaller order. CATS still works for 17% off orders over $50 as well if you’re spending over $75.

drat I imagine this year will be extra funky too.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Funny, I just had a My Father special yesterday or the day before.

It was average for a My Father, which is a guaranteed good time anyway. I personally think the DPG Blue is better - they have a fantastic cereal element to them.

Little low on supplies right now. Placed an order from Cigar Page, they had a box of Romeo Nicaragua 505 Toros for $90/20 which is too good a deal to pass up even if they need a month to humidify.

Also got some PG humidifier recharge stuff. It's been a year since I got the bead jars, and IIRC you don't need to use it every time you refill like the manufacturer says, but you do need to do it sometime. A year feels like a good time to try :v:

Looking at refilling my Centurion H-2K-CT and getting some Flor de Las Antillas in as well. We've blown through the Curivari here, too, so a restock there is absolutely happening.

My partner and I had a frank discussion about the actual amount that we smoke during these wacky times, so I think there's going to be less feast or famine in the humidor ahead.

San Cristobal Revelation Prophets are back in the humidor and these are way better than the Mystics holy moly.

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

I'd rather die than go to heaven.
Anyone had a Partagas Benji Menendez Master Series?

It was a limited release in 2009 and 2013, if my memory is correct. I picked up a few in the majestuoso vitola ages ago at my local shop and really liked it. I was able to pick up a box of the prominentes before they all went out of stock, but I’m on the hunt for a cigar with a similar flavor.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

goblox posted:

My pipe lighter is poop. It barely holds any fuel and I find myself constantly filling it.

I don’t know if this has anything to do with anything but someone in the old thread said when you fill a lighter you should set the flame to the lowest setting/closed (and bleed any air obviously). I have no idea why or what it does but I definitely haven’t been doing that on my small lighters so maybe?

goblox
Sep 13, 2012

Lyon posted:

I don’t know if this has anything to do with anything but someone in the old thread said when you fill a lighter you should set the flame to the lowest setting/closed (and bleed any air obviously). I have no idea why or what it does but I definitely haven’t been doing that on my small lighters so maybe?

Thanks for the suggestion. Next time I smoke my pipe I will give this a try.

Today I made a mistake and instead of grabbing the CAO Flathead 660 I picked up the CAO Flathead 770.

This thing was way too big at 7x70. However, I still smoked it down to the nub in about two hours. I likely would never purchase this again as I very rarely smoke a 60 ring gauge cigar let alone something bigger.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Holy poo poo I can't believe you smoked a whole 770. The 660 are already extremely powerful, and are likely to be fairly rare smokes for me. I saw a pack of the 770s on Cigar Bid and was genuinely amused that people would try to smoke something that beefy. That said, congratulations! Quite impressive, tbh.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

moxieman posted:

Anyone had a Partagas Benji Menendez Master Series?

It was a limited release in 2009 and 2013, if my memory is correct. I picked up a few in the majestuoso vitola ages ago at my local shop and really liked it. I was able to pick up a box of the prominentes before they all went out of stock, but I’m on the hunt for a cigar with a similar flavor.

Hopefully some of the less frequent but more experienced posters can answer this because I honestly have no idea. One day I’ll be your huckleberry, but for now I am burning an offering to the cigar gods for you.

goblox posted:

Today I made a mistake and instead of grabbing the CAO Flathead 660 I picked up the CAO Flathead 770.

This thing was way too big at 7x70. However, I still smoked it down to the nub in about two hours. I likely would never purchase this again as I very rarely smoke a 60 ring gauge cigar let alone something bigger.

Kenning posted:

Holy poo poo I can't believe you smoked a whole 770. The 660 are already extremely powerful, and are likely to be fairly rare smokes for me. I saw a pack of the 770s on Cigar Bid and was genuinely amused that people would try to smoke something that beefy. That said, congratulations! Quite impressive, tbh.

Legit in awe of this feat goblox. I’m sure there are larger cigars and previous heroes but your never say die attitude will be remembered.

I bought the AJF box pressed Perfecto sampler and the Flathead 660 because Kenning said they were good but I’ve never really enjoyed anything larger than a 54 and even that was under protest. The Perfectos and the Flathead have been sitting, waiting, lurking. My girlfriend and I are refinancing our home tomorrow so I think I know what needs to be done.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Oh no! Hahahah. The 660 are good, but they're heavy. The perfectos though, they're perfectos! Not a solid 60 gauge the whole way through. I think that makes them much more approachable.

I smoked an AJ Fernandez Rosa de Guadalupe robusto tonight. It was a solid cigar, but I was hoping for a bit more. I like a San Andres wrapper, and some of the perfumey leather and spice came through, especially on spark up and around halfway. It was a totally respectable cigar, but the flavors didn't pop throughout, and it got a bit hot at the end, despite the excellent construction and draw. Pleasant smoke for sure, and worth exploring within the AJF line. It didn't help that for the last 20 minutes or so I was on edge, as a team of raccoons tried to invade my deck twice. I scared them off both times, but you never know with raccoons.

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

LOOK AT IT!
The biggest cigar I have but haven’t smoked is a Punch Italian regional.

This guy:
https://halfwheel.com/punch-diademas-extra-re-italy/9610/

And a few of the montecristo A which are 9.2 x 47.

Some day I’ll find 3-4 hours for one of them.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Lyon posted:

Could also be old or bad gaskets. It also took a long time for me to remember to bleed lighters on first fills, which led to much heartbreak and frustration.

Ophidian had some awesome lighter recommendations, I'm a big fan of the IM Corona Old Boy. They're not cheap, but after having one for 4 years or so, we picked up another. The nice thing about designs that haven't changed in a long time is that spare parts are everywhere.

Ashton Artisan's Blend is due in Monday, Romeo 505 are due in Tuesday, and we'll probably pick up another box or two with some shelves this upcoming week.

My local shop has some of those new My Father Fonsecas in, but they're not in the system yet until they've sat for a few weeks and are ready to smoke. :negative:

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

LOOK AT IT!
I still have my Corona lighter I just need a flint and fluid

https://www.cigarmanor.com/collections/im-corona-lighter/products/im-corona-double-corona-barley-chrome-vertical-lines-gold-wheel

It’s basically this but all stainless.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
I tried to smoke some big cigars early on because they came with some samplers. I think I’ve smoked a Montecristo Classic Churchill and an Excalibur Churchill and they weren’t bad but still more cigar than I needed. The real offenders were the Oliva Connecticut and the Rocky Patel Vintage 2003 6x60s I smoked.

Kenning sold me on the Flathead 660 and this Perfecto sampler so I’ll be giving some larger ring gauge stuff a shot again and I have a Le Bijou Churchill that will be saved for when I’m up to a challenge.

Are the 505s good? I sort of swore of RyJ after all the Famous Smoke exclusives and the Reserva Real. My B&M will have the Fonsecas out this Tuesday so I will probably pick up a couple.

Lyon fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Aug 29, 2020

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Got an early delivery on that Ashton Artisan's Blend and that is yuuuuummy. I recall enjoying Latakia, and there's some in this blend. Was really interesting in that there were flavor transitions. There was some really delicious milk chocolate showing up in there from time to time. Super yummy! Check it out if you're into pipes.

Now I'm having a My Father The Judge TAA. This is a hell of a cigar. Very leathery, so spicy. Every once in a while a citrusy note hits.

Worth checking out if you're into getting thrown around by a cigar!

E: TAA is tobacconists' association of America, so probably B&M only

NewFatMike fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Aug 30, 2020

goblox
Sep 13, 2012

Ophidian posted:

The biggest cigar I have but haven’t smoked is a Punch Italian regional.

This guy:
https://halfwheel.com/punch-diademas-extra-re-italy/9610/

And a few of the montecristo A which are 9.2 x 47.

Some day I’ll find 3-4 hours for one of them.

That Punch looks tasty. Tatujuae has the RC 233 Gran Perfecto which is 9.2 x 55 that is great for a large cigar. They are supposedly only rolled by this one woman in Miama who can do 80 a day by hand with a razor blade.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
Just smoked a Diesel Unlimited (I think, having trouble identifying the bands), was nice and spicy with leather undertones. It got a little boring in the middle when the spice dropped out and it was all leather/earth but the spiciness picked back up again towards the end. This was a torpedo I got in the Diesel Unlimited 5-star Pack off CigarBid for $11.50 and at that price I’m very satisfied with the smoke.

I think this is the only the second or third weekend since May that I haven’t had cigars show up. Maybe I’ll be down to four Tupperware boxes soon :downs:. I did place two orders for cubans but those will mostly be parted out to others so shouldn’t require too much space.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

Maksimus54 posted:

No (public) indoor smoking in my state. There are a couple private clubs but they are pretty exclusive. I put on a coat, fire up a heater and hang out in the brewhouse/woodshop next to my house.

I cannot stress this enough. Buy an electric blanket, sit on it lounge style and wrap it up over your legs and lower torso. This poo poo works soooo much better than an ambient heater. I smoke outside at night in 15f weather and am comfortable the entire time (1-1.5 hours).

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Just finished my last Ave Maria Reconquista from the BP perfecto sampler. It's quite a nice cigar. Dry pull is loaded with chocolate and a bit of barnyard. Chocolate undertones are around the whole smoke, with other flavors that range from pepper, to leather, to root beer/licorice. I'm glad I picked up a few of the regular torpedo (7 x 54) from Cigar Bid for cheap. It's certainly not worth the MSRP, but it seems like you can get it for cheap fairly easily, and it's quite a relaxing long smoke if so. A perfect choice for sitting out on the deck for a couple hours.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
Just smoked a Southern Draw Quick Draw Habano, pretty tasty. I’d think it would make a good yard stick. It’s fairly inexpensive, nice clean burn, easy draw with good smoke production, flavorful without being overpowering, medium or mild-medium strength. It was a nice mix of pepper, tobacco, some sweetness, then some chocolate replaced the pepper, and the end was sort of a toasted bread flavor. It was a very relaxing smoke on a super nice day.

goblox
Sep 13, 2012

Lyon posted:

Just smoked a Southern Draw Quick Draw Habano, pretty tasty. I’d think it would make a good yard stick. It’s fairly inexpensive, nice clean burn, easy draw with good smoke production, flavorful without being overpowering, medium or mild-medium strength. It was a nice mix of pepper, tobacco, some sweetness, then some chocolate replaced the pepper, and the end was sort of a toasted bread flavor. It was a very relaxing smoke on a super nice day.

I need to give another look at the Southern Draw cigars. I bought a box of their Southern Draw Kudzu Lanceros and they were fantastic but I just never tried anything else from them. I tend to lean towards Nicaraguan tobacco and it shows in my smoking habits.

Every now and then I like to have smaller cigars when I don't have time for a big stick. Right now these Nasty Fritas from Liga Privada really hit the spot. They are medium with notes of chocolate and cream.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

porktree posted:

I cannot stress this enough. Buy an electric blanket, sit on it lounge style and wrap it up over your legs and lower torso. This poo poo works soooo much better than an ambient heater. I smoke outside at night in 15f weather and am comfortable the entire time (1-1.5 hours).

I will do this. I love electric blankets and this seems more efficient than a space heater in an open back porch. Good to see another old head popping in occasionally. I’m worried about all the missing posters :ohdear:.

goblox posted:

I need to give another look at the Southern Draw cigars. I bought a box of their Southern Draw Kudzu Lanceros and they were fantastic but I just never tried anything else from them. I tend to lean towards Nicaraguan tobacco and it shows in my smoking habits.

Every now and then I like to have smaller cigars when I don't have time for a big stick. Right now these Nasty Fritas from Liga Privada really hit the spot. They are medium with notes of chocolate and cream.

Their stuff seems decent but nothing that has wow-ed me. I’ve had the Connecticut, PA Broadleaf, and the Habano. I have a Kudzu and some other random thing from a five cigar sampler.

If you like weird Drew Estate vitolas the Natural Larutan Egg is the deal of the day on CigarAuctioneer :).

Edit:

NewFatMike posted:

And the standard Centurions are really great, too. If you're a fan of the cereal/wheat profile from Don Pepin Garcia Blue line, you'll be in for a treat.

I am just finishing a gigantic El Centurion, I should have been patient for a smaller vitola but it was really good. Also you weren’t kidding about the cereal/wheat flavor. I think it’s been 2.5 hours already but a very nice and relaxing cigar. Cereal/wheat was definitely the primary flavor but sweet tobacco and some spice/pepper would pop in to keep it interesting.

Lyon fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Aug 31, 2020

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

E: Hell yeah about the Centurion! I'm a big rear end Latin dork, and there's a synergy about that with the history of Rome that really greases my goose. Roman (later Egyptian) grain is what fueled the civilization, and Centurions weren't just commanders, they were incredible didacts for both martial arts and engineering. All made by my favorite factory? Hard confluence to beat!

I was gifted a Liga Privada No. 9 for my engagement, and it is lovely. Not my favorite for the price of admission, but it's really lovely.

I just discovered that La Aurora have more affordable vitolas of their Preferidos line, and that's rad as hell. I'm gonna pick up a few fivers because I haven't had a Preferido in a long, long time, but I remember loving them. At around $5-6/stick for the Coronas and Robustos instead of $15+ for the Perfectos is awesome. Hard to go wrong with a flagship blend!

With summer heat breaking, I'm thinking about picking up a few boxes of La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero in maybe the chuselitos. They're super rich and chocolatey, and a lot of red wine flavors poke in. I had some vintage lanceros last year and I don't think I'm likely to forget them.

NewFatMike fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Aug 31, 2020

Hayden
Jan 17, 2006

Bastion of Sexual Anarchy
For budget friendly Cubans you cannot beat Por Laranga. Bot the panatelas and petite coronas are great and cheap.

Lyon, keep peppering in snippets from the old thread, it's a neat walk down memory lane. That jumbo box mobius strip was something else!

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Hayden posted:

For budget friendly Cubans you cannot beat Por Laranga. Bot the panatelas and petite coronas are great and cheap.

Lyon, keep peppering in snippets from the old thread, it's a neat walk down memory lane. That jumbo box mobius strip was something else!

Haha glad someone appreciated it! Since you’re here... in sad Hayden news you recently did not get your dream job (would have involved a pay cut if that rings a bell). The second box pass recently began (only one direction this time), secret santa designees were assigned, and the thread is gripped by cuban-mania which is why I ended up placing an order myself last week I think.

I ordered some Montecristo No. 2 and No. 4, Bolivar Petit Coronas, and Hoyo de Monterey Petit Robustos. I looked around for old thread favorite RASS but they are pretty much sold out everywhere. I’ll have to check out Por Laranga at some point since everyone seems to recommend them and being budget friendly is always a plus.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Por Larranaga is suuuuuper good, for whatever reason they're the only cigars I felt needed dry boxing. Fresh out the humidor I would have to PerfecDraw them every time (probably a me issue).

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
They, thankfully, also appear to be sold out along with the RASS on the three sites I appear to be favoring or I would probably have dropped another pile of cash. I’m hoping I’ll develop some chill around this hobby at some point but I’ll settle for supply shortages in the interim.

Edit: This is probably a really dumb question but is there any reason to keep cubans separate from non-cubans? I'm assuming the answer is no other than for organizational/display purposes but I'm an idiot so please educate me.

Lyon fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Aug 31, 2020

ThatOneGuy
Jul 26, 2001

Revolutionary Taste.

Lyon posted:

They, thankfully, also appear to be sold out along with the RASS on the three sites I appear to be favoring or I would probably have dropped another pile of cash. I’m hoping I’ll develop some chill around this hobby at some point but I’ll settle for supply shortages in the interim.

Edit: This is probably a really dumb question but is there any reason to keep cubans separate from non-cubans? I'm assuming the answer is no other than for organizational/display purposes but I'm an idiot so please educate me.

Are you posting pictures on Instagram? If yes, that’s reason enough.

I like to keep mine at a lower humidity, as otherwise they are both highly susceptible to both mold and smoking like absolute poo poo. 65-67 and they’re golden.
Otherwise: no, there is no reason other than organization/display.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I've got some Leaf by Oscar Corojo lanceros and some Centurion H-2K-CT toros coming tomorrow and I can't decide which one I want to smoke first.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Kenning posted:

I've got some Leaf by Oscar Corojo lanceros and some Centurion H-2K-CT toros coming tomorrow and I can't decide which one I want to smoke first.

I've only had the Corojo Toro by Oscar, but it remains one of my favorite cigars to this day. It was like sucking on an old leather baseball glove. If that sounds like your thing I'd go with the Oscar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

I still need to try some Oscar offerings. One day!!!

ROMEO 505s coming in tomorrow - I really wish General Cigar had named that line something else. They're yummy but the branding is eyeroll worthy.

Pulled the trigger this morning on:

• Humidor Shelves - they'll ship in 2-3 weeks but I am v. looking forward to this quality of life upgrade.
  • Flor de las Antillas Robustos
  • MF Centurion H-2K-CT Connecticut

Those Southern Draws sound nice - hard to beat a cigar with a well-adjusted draw. I didn't realize those Nasty Fritas come in 50 cabs either... if they have the same profile as the #9, that may be a worthwhile pickup.

I'm calibrating the hygrometers today. Getting reeeeeal tempted to pick up a cigar oasis since an active system will probably handle the fluctuations in stock better than the passive beads we've got.