Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/aug/21/tour-de-france-teams-will-be-expelled-if-two-members-test-positive-for-covid-cycling

2 suspected cases of covid = expulsion from the tour. Plan is the whole race will try and remain in a bubble for 3 weeks. Shame we're not going to see anyone trying to cough on froome up a climb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Rojkir posted:

I think he's just cheap since mitchelton scott is folding.

i thought that all go sorted. they just re-signed the other yates to a big new contract.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
Adam Yates is getting big money to be a British face for the team

HappyCamperGL posted:

i thought that all go sorted. they just re-signed the other yates to a big new contract.

2 years of funding.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

MrL_JaKiri posted:

2 years of funding.

2 seasons of funding is a lot for a cycling team.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Adam is the slow Yates, really can't see him doing much at Ineos

Rojkir
Jun 26, 2007

WARNING:I AM A FASCIST PIECE OF SHIT.
Police beatings get me hard
He's gonna super domestique, but tbh we're going to see that alot the coming years because the money's leaving.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Hes good enough to murder teams on the first 5k of climbs.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Is he good enough to recover and do a turn later?

bicievino
Feb 5, 2015

Eurosport only showed the Spanish and French women's races, and sadly didn't show the decisive points of the Spanish one.

The French race is AMAZING, though. The tactics required to overhaul two super strong teams in FDJ and Arkea as a solo rider - amazing.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
van der Poel is vanderpoelling the dutch race

https://twitter.com/gwarrink/status/1297544482775281667?s=21

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/faustocoppi60/status/1297557194808885248?s=19

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/lequipe/status/1298187124345364480?s=19

Bora have themselves a covid case!

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!

Apparently it was a false positive, on a guy who was tested again afterwards and was found negative, but they’re still having to withdraw and are now kicking up a fuss. Which I guess is understandable, but... well, excessive caution is the name of the game right now, even if that doesn’t play nice with 3-week tours. Quite how the Tour’s gonna avoid descending into a huge mess I’ve no idea

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.

King of trash mountain

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Allyn posted:

Apparently it was a false positive, on a guy who was tested again afterwards and was found negative, but they’re still having to withdraw and are now kicking up a fuss. Which I guess is understandable, but... well, excessive caution is the name of the game right now, even if that doesn’t play nice with 3-week tours. Quite how the Tour’s gonna avoid descending into a huge mess I’ve no idea

Theres been a few cases of false positives recently. Its kind of thrown into question the testing their using.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

The pro cycling thread: It’s kind of thrown into question the testing they’re using.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
they probably ate contaminated steak

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
I know a guy with clean nostrils...

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/uc...-EqhHuHCFON9vwY

quote:

The UCI has reportedly opened an investigation into Remco Evenepoel after a video emerged of Deceuninck-QuickStep directeur sportif Davide Bramati removing an object from the Belgian rider's jersey pocket after his season-ending crash at Il Lombardia.

The video, which was posted to Twitter earlier this week, showed Bramati putting a small white object in his pocket as Evenepoel lay on his side awaiting medical attention.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

What's everyone's predictions for the tour then?

I'm going
Yellow - Pinot
Green - WvA
Polka - Pogacar
White - Pogacar

Bernal withdraws with a back issue. Roglic and Carapaz are on the podium.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

time for our yearly reminder there is no good reason the women shouldn't have their own proper tour

^^I think it's probably going to be Roglic after eggy drops out

Skarsnik fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Aug 29, 2020

cgfreak
Jan 2, 2013
I think they're cancelling the whole thing about halfway through because of the 'rona.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

nice train.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

well done are lizzy

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

What's everyone's predictions for the tour then?

I'm going
Yellow - Pinot
Green - WvA
Polka - Pogacar
White - Pogacar

Bernal withdraws with a back issue. Roglic and Carapaz are on the podium.

This is what I'm going for and have made my fantasy team around it

Skarsnik posted:

well done are lizzy

I got back from my ride for the last 10k and that was a proper tasty finish

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
https://twitter.com/LaCoursebyTDF/status/1299650854354640896

Speedy

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Lol Eurosport

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Glad to see ITV have brought back peter kennaugh after his incredibly wooden performance last year round

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

think john harris-bass needs a reboot.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Has it died again?

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

serious gaylord posted:

Has it died again?

The producer has hit play and gone for coffee because seemingly no one has noticed the sound track for the opening video is going at double speed.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

It's now slowed down but cutting out constantly and the French commentary is occasionally bleeding through.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

serious gaylord posted:

Has it died again?

The sound is wonky and the commentary is like something out of twin peaks.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

It's an absolute crime nizzolo has to wear the European jersey instead of the incredible Italian one.

Also best bike at the tour?
UAE's colnago for me #campagcrew

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Jens Voigt (who's commentating for German Eurosport) just called the entire race, and I think he's right. That's our breakaway for the day.

e: now he misread the clock counting up since the start of the race as the gap clock. To be fair, though, I don't know why they're showing that thing

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Why have we got a timer now? I don't care how long they've been racing for.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

rip sivakov

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Lmao they're gonna wish they brought Thomas and Froome now. Sivakov is going to miss the time cut at this rate.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Absolutely horrendous conditions.

Fair play to Kirby doing the commentary solo including getting people to check his sound via twitter and communicating with his sound desk via TV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
right, now that Alaphillipe is out, I want Thibot to win.

I fully expect him to ride up onto a mudslide any minute