Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Ok so goatman aside what do you all call the dish of a slice of bread toasted with an egg fried in a hole in the middle? I've always called it "toad in a hole" but my wife calls it "egg in a hole." Egg just sounds too literal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
eggy in the basket is it's proper scientific name. toad in the hole is something else completely but i have heard multiple refer to the basket egg like that so i guess it depends on where you are from.

toad in hole (trad)

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Waterbed Wendy posted:

Disagree, my favorite breakfast sandwich consists of eggs, hash browns, jelly, bacon, and cheese. The sweetness of the jelly really compliments the savory flavors. Just fantastic stuff.

Halloumi cheese? The Turkish cafe near me does fryups including halloumi and slices of sujuk and they're fantastic additions.

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

Baron von Eevl posted:

Ok so goatman aside what do you all call the dish of a slice of bread toasted with an egg fried in a hole in the middle? I've always called it "toad in a hole" but my wife calls it "egg in a hole." Egg just sounds too literal.

As mentioned above, it's eggy in the basket and it's referenced in V for Vendetta.

Toad in the hole is British food at its best.

Also, duck eggs boiled with soldiers is the best breakfast and you can't tell me otherwise.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
I love eggs so much but I don't see how anyone can eat them runny. Like I keep trying, thinking I'm missing something, but every time it's like a chicken loogie

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Pookah posted:

5/10 fatty, No ring.

C'mon
I'm on a diet :j:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

artsy fartsy posted:

I love eggs so much but I don't see how anyone can eat them runny. Like I keep trying, thinking I'm missing something, but every time it's like a chicken loogie

That sounds underdone, when done right the yolk is separate but fluid, like a sauce.

So slightly more done than this attempt because talking about eggs made me hungry:

It should ideally not have any bits of white mixed in because yes the texture is offputting when it does, still tastes good though.

OwlFancier has a new favorite as of 18:24 on Aug 29, 2020

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Amazed at how many people in this thread don’t know that there have been really good egg cooking timers you just toss in the boiling water with the eggs for like, decades now.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Baron von Eevl posted:

I looked it up a few years back, and according to the Internet there's over three dozen names for egg in toast. Some of my favorites include "gashouse eggs" (from German gasthaus), "Betty Grable eggs," "one-eyed Jack," "baby in a buggy," and "circus toast."

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Hardly any calories in mustard, lady :D.

( I really wanted to put a mustard ring on one of those sausages but I only have mspaint rn so the results were... mediocre)

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

food court bailiff posted:

Amazed at how many people in this thread don’t know that there have been really good egg cooking timers you just toss in the boiling water with the eggs for like, decades now.

Sorry, but trying to apply science to cooking is absurd. It's not like we're talking about chemistry here.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Pookah posted:

Hardly any calories in mustard, lady :D.

( I really wanted to put a mustard ring on one of those sausages but I only have mspaint rn so the results were... mediocre)

okay okay okay

i'm just fuckin lazy

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

okay okay okay

i'm just fuckin lazy

Me too... my god me too.

I'm here to bitch and talk about eggs, and also maybe some idiots on social media, if they talk poo poo about eggs.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Pththya-lyi posted:

Some of my favorites include "gashouse eggs" (from German [...]

For like a split second I thought this sentence was gonna end way differently.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Guys just buy an egg cooker and have eggs exactly how you like them every time

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Babylon Astronaut posted:

Have you had an egg before? You cook them many ways for different reasons and preferences.

Yeah, you crack 12 into a jug and then arm-wrestle naked for the privilege of drinking the egg jug.

As god intended.

EDIT: Then you realise you just drunkenly slammed 12 eggs and throw up into a nearby frying pan creating the platonic ideal of omelette du vomir.

hooman has a new favorite as of 19:13 on Aug 29, 2020

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
I love eggs

https://i.imgur.com/B9MP3T7.gifv

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Stu that's 144 eggs.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Goons eat the eggs

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Only if they're in tube form.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Hello Sailor posted:

The person he took the photo for probably doesn't.

"Person?"

Goat man took that picture for me and you.

He took it for all of us.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Goatman's rear end in a top hat died for your sins.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

In all these years has no one bought goatee guy an account? That seems like some kind of statistically improbable oversight, but im not aware of him being a poster.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

In all these years has no one bought goatee guy an account? That seems like some kind of statistically improbable oversight, but im not aware of him being a poster.
he is shy and retiring, like a spotted owl

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Content:

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Now I wonder if people have been doing that

Of course they have

Wonder what it smells like, haha

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Breakfast chat is weirding me out here, as I'm about to make breakfast for dinner.

How did all of you know!?

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Leavemywife posted:

Breakfast chat is weirding me out here, as I'm about to make breakfast for dinner.

How did all of you know!?

You belong to T H E C O L L E C T I V E

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Now I wonder if people have been doing that

Of course they have

Wonder what it smells like, haha

Now I wonder if they are deliberately wrong so no one thinks they know how a vibrator is used.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Forbidden vibe technology, intended for use with the Threehole.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

lol

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
If doing coke isn't witchcraft then where did I get this talking black cat?

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
my familiar is the monkey on my back

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
Look, my familiar is a dragon and I just want to get him back. How I do it is none of your business!

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Wow, Cult of Ecstacy getting CALLED OUT itt.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Spitting in people's drinks feels more like proper witchcraft tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Someone posted a book of Wiccan spells in a thread many posts ago, and I still think about War Water, a spell which involves filling a mason jar with rusty nails, bad thoughts and piss, and smashing it on your target's doorstep. A little direct, but I'm sure it gets results.