Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
gently caress, super cubs are so cool. very rad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i wish the 2019s weren't really limited because i'd rather buy used and rather have blue than red, but the few that pop up are barely a savings over just buying new after i account for having to rent a van to bring it back the several hours drive, plus the hassle of getting it registered in a pandemic. the dmv is only doing appointments and is backed up until january last i checked unless you can get lucky enough to find an appointment get canceled on a given day.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

i don't have a bike yet, but even for the tiny thing i'm probably getting, i need something. hopefully i can find something that's just a solid color or at least a simple design and not something that looks like it belongs on a can of an energy drink

shoei seems to have a number of tasteful solid color helmets.

offhand, where were you planning to go shopping? i’m much farther out than you are from needing a helmet but still planning to get started in the next several months. i’ve seen cycle world in springfield and laurel and coleman in falls church, but there are probably some other shops i haven’t found yet.

CLASS 2 PERVERSION
Jan 19, 2010

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

My bicycle is a depression cure

Getting on it fixes my brain problems and makes me happy.

same, but I've also taken up homebrewing so I've been drinking a fantastic amount of beer lately. I've also done a lot of cycling and running up hills though so my resting heart rate is ~55 these days. still got the beer paunch though. the two cancel each other out, like yin and yang.

I've tried to quit drinking as much and smoking completely (2 a day ish) a few times this year but it drives me into a mood where I just stare at a wall for 20 minutes at a time and never get dressed or do the dishes. I think the tiny daily reward of a drink and ciggie makes me ok with a day spent doing chores and diy and exercise and not speaking to anyone except the gf. without that I do literally nothing.

if you like beer and it's is expensive where you live then homebrewing is a really great hobby. I'm a totally amature and don't put much effort in and I can already make better stuff then lots of the stuff you get in pubs and it's piss cheap once you get going. I also made very dry ginger beer which is fantastic to drink on a hot day or very refreshing after a few normal beers. very rewarding to make something you like and then you have 25 liters of it.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

oh god resting hr chat is starting, isn't it?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Beer is pretty much my only vice anymore, I eat pretty good and exercise a lot.

I'm a little fat, but gently caress it, whatever. Life is meant to be enjoyed. If you enjoy exercise, good (and you will).

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

carry on then posted:

oh god resting hr chat is starting, isn't it?

i put all my bills on my resting heart rate and then i pay it off in full at the end of the month for the rewards points

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Jonny 290 posted:

i put all my bills on my resting heart rate and then i pay it off in full at the end of the month for the rewards points

mystes
May 31, 2006

I don't even own a resting heart rate.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

CLASS 2 PERVERSION posted:

same, but I've also taken up homebrewing so I've been drinking a fantastic amount of beer lately. I've also done a lot of cycling and running up hills though so my resting heart rate is ~55 these days. still got the beer paunch though. the two cancel each other out, like yin and yang.

I've tried to quit drinking as much and smoking completely (2 a day ish) a few times this year but it drives me into a mood where I just stare at a wall for 20 minutes at a time and never get dressed or do the dishes. I think the tiny daily reward of a drink and ciggie makes me ok with a day spent doing chores and diy and exercise and not speaking to anyone except the gf. without that I do literally nothing.

if you like beer and it's is expensive where you live then homebrewing is a really great hobby. I'm a totally amature and don't put much effort in and I can already make better stuff then lots of the stuff you get in pubs and it's piss cheap once you get going. I also made very dry ginger beer which is fantastic to drink on a hot day or very refreshing after a few normal beers. very rewarding to make something you like and then you have 25 liters of it.

some of my friends homebrew quite a bit so i don't feel like starting that but i just made some kimchi and a food coma is sort of like being drunk

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
i think resting heart rates are for stuck up dickheads and your a stupid rear end in a top hat if you care about them at all.

CLASS 2 PERVERSION
Jan 19, 2010
not being kinda out of breath just all the time is really really great. last chistmas I just remember wheezing at the top of a flight stairs or some poo poo.

I think this was a couple of days ago but cardio all the time makes you much better at banging (the wife, or whatever really).

I also do yoga with Down Dog several times a week and that has done wonders for my back and my neck, which used to just be hosed all the time

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

mystes posted:

I don't even own a resting heart rate.

your a real sick gently caress dick cheney

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i sleep in a big resting heart rate with my wife

CLASS 2 PERVERSION
Jan 19, 2010

PokeJoe posted:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

PokeJoe posted:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
being fat rocks

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
It was 12 degrees out and overcast with a chilly wind. Kind of a grim drive that I just took.

Walked through the mall everyone was wearing mandatory masks and it wasn't all that exciting. Most stores had people guarding the front door with checklists hand sanitizer crowd control barriers and poo poo so I didn't even go into anything.

Gas has gone up 10% again. filled up at 1.05 a litre. :(

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I watched the movie Memento last night. It was good. Kind of played well into my own mental illness and dissociation when it comes to time and whats happening around me.

I'll watch tenet tonight.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
now what

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
idk. im gonna put a lovely movie on i think.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

President Beep posted:

i think resting heart rates are for stuck up dickheads and your a stupid rear end in a top hat if you care about them at all.

my resting heart rate is 69

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
somebody post the dril tweet so we can move on

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/dril/status/223751039709495298?lang=en

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

PokeJoe posted:

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

somebody post the dril tweet so we can move on

where do you have to be in such a hurry

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
one electrical thing you *can* do in a new house: go around with a plug-in nightlight or something mapping out which circuit breaker controls which outlets, light fixtures, appliances, etc

this will eventually come in handy and it’s a way bigger pain with all your stuff moved in

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

finally managed to snatch a volunteer spot at the local food bank. handed out meals to 331 cars which is p dece. they sent me home with one of the food boxes so now my freezer has a massive bag of chicken nuggets and no joke gov't cheese

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Late to the bike chat but I bought a little fanny pack to hold poo poo when I bike the other day and am incredibly hyped for it.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

uh it's called a hip pack and they're cool now

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

"depression isn't real" I mumble as I drive my lovely body into the fetal position

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Jesus "loving" Christ I am so sick of America and COVID and chuds

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

i just walked past a no mask rally protest thing twol minutes ago in seattle of all places. that's a first for me.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

so that this isn't an emptyquote, i don't care any more. literally all life or joy has been drained from my soul. every day i wake up i curse whatever god exists for not killing me in my sleep. life is misery and the only thing keeping me going is the modest pile of money that i feel really guilty about saving up but will still never become gently caress-you money or noticeably change my life in any way

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
haha jonny you should go out and exercise a bit! take a walk! chin up. practice your hobbies. look on the bright side of life. ez

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

I'm going to protect a protest for 6 hours tomorrow and I hope some backward chud gently caress runs me down so at least my life will have had purpose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

Jonny 290 posted:

so that this isn't an emptyquote, i don't care any more. literally all life or joy has been drained from my soul. every day i wake up i curse whatever god exists for not killing me in my sleep. life is misery and the only thing keeping me going is the modest pile of money that i feel really guilty about saving up but will still never become gently caress-you money or noticeably change my life in any way

funny, i go the opposite direction of "if only the chuds and anti-maskers would just die this would get better faster"