Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Ardeem posted:

... I kinda wish I had 7.5k+ in disposable income to throw at a video game.

There's like a 15, 20% chance that person does NOT have the disposable income to throw at a video game, unfortunately. Most whales are well-off people who just relax by rolling a thousand times on every gacha instead of buying gold-plated toothbrush holders, but a significant percentage are just people who for whatever reason get super addicted to one thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Yeah that's without a doubt gonna sit in a credit card for ages

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
caved and got a 30 day private store ticket

never got added to my inventory, still missing, even though its in my purchase history

how hosed am I
Best $10 Ever Spent

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

kirbysuperstar posted:

Yeah that's without a doubt gonna sit in a credit card for ages

An emote. An emote. My credit score for an emote.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

caved and got a 30 day private store ticket

never got added to my inventory, still missing, even though its in my purchase history

how hosed am I
Best $10 Ever Spent

Did you click buy to storage, and did you make sure it wasn't there? If not I'd send in a ticket to sega's support

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Saagonsa posted:

Did you click buy to storage, and did you make sure it wasn't there? If not I'd send in a ticket to sega's support

me every time: lol I never click that button why would that ever happen

me after buying premium set: where the gently caress did it go!!!

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

crab
edit: crab

Bloodplay it again fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Aug 24, 2020

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"
Which combo technique should I buy at the shop first? fo/te? Buying spheres off the market is expensive is there a way to farm them at level 50?

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Washout posted:

Which combo technique should I buy at the shop first? fo/te? Buying spheres off the market is expensive is there a way to farm them at level 50?

Claris Clase III has client orders you can do for her that reward the disks.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Requires something like lv70+ for the quests. And all three combos are very good though you'll mostly use the Lightning/Wind (safe, reliable) and Light/Water (High damage, lots of light weak enemies) with the Dark/Fire being highly dangerous to use but very strong. The first is immune to damage while you're in the form, while the second two are not and the last roots you in place with no way to cancel until it's over or you die.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
I personally like fomelgion as my daily driver compound since it has super armor when you cast it but as stated you are a sitting duck while using it so hitting it at an unfortunate time is going to put you on the ground.

Zandion is safest but pretty clunky to use in my opinion. Barantsion is a bit riskier but as stated a lot of things are weak to light. Pretty simple to use though, lock onto something and go.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Get the one you have elemental mastery over first since that affects their damage.
Zandion: lightning + wind
Fomelgion: fire + dark
Barantsion: light + ice

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"
Is it worth it to blow the 500k each for enough orbs for them or should I spend my mess somewhere else as a priority after getting one?

I.e. now that I've finally kind of figured out how to make half a million per day what do I buy first?

Edit: ah I'll just get formelgion and then I can just use that until I get 70 and can get the other 2 for free. That should hopefully let me quickly grind up for a new staff

Washout fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Aug 26, 2020

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Washout posted:

Is it worth it to blow the 500k each for enough orbs for them or should I spend my mess somewhere else as a priority after getting one?

I.e. now that I've finally kind of figured out how to make half a million per day what do I buy first?

Barantsion will probably be the overall strongest if only using it on a single target, so that one could be good to hold you over until you get to level 70 and can get the others free from client orders

E: Or that

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

My ping is like 300-500 (kauai, the smallest island of hawaii), do all the more advanced boss fights have a lot of instant kill stuff? I'm getting nearly insta killed already on some level 50 boss fights because of my ping and bad reflexes. I gave up on playing path of exile for this same reason.

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

Washout posted:

My ping is like 300-500 (kauai, the smallest island of hawaii), do all the more advanced boss fights have a lot of instant kill stuff? I'm getting nearly insta killed already on some level 50 boss fights because of my ping and bad reflexes. I gave up on playing path of exile for this same reason.

There's a lot of stuff you have to dodge, but you can mitigate it in everything I've tried, even the hardest endgame content, by playing something with hunter subclass, auto-mate, and iron will both maxed. 75% of instant kills bring you to 1hp instead, and whenever you get hit for a certain amount you automatically and instantly use a -mate item. It makes the entire game a lot easier and more forgiving.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Washout posted:

I think only one expedition boss boss a genuine instant kill (Gwahl Jigmolde and its rare variant). Bosses do have moves that are very likely to one shot you though like Dragon-X's Cross Slashesque attack that he has to hype himself up for. Then there's stuff that can kill you if you get juggled or dodge in a bad way.

You might just need better units for more HP/defenses though.

Urgent Quest big bosses do have party wipe attacks but those are very telegraphed/have counter measures.

I feel like PSO2 handles bad ping pretty well overall? I played jPSO2 mostly successfully.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

Butt Discussin posted:

There's a lot of stuff you have to dodge, but you can mitigate it in everything I've tried, even the hardest endgame content, by playing something with hunter subclass, auto-mate, and iron will both maxed. 75% of instant kills bring you to 1hp instead, and whenever you get hit for a certain amount you automatically and instantly use a -mate item. It makes the entire game a lot easier and more forgiving.

Alright, I'll give gunner/hunter a shot.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
You can grab Guts drinks as well and roll until you get the L version for a ton of extra hp. Grab a Brissa unit set from the exchange and +10 it for a huge jump in survival before you get *ray too.

E: Although I will say now is the time to jump straight to *ray unit sets as the current event advance quest variation shits out badge 3s and you only need 300 for a full set once you downgrade them to badge 2s

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Aug 27, 2020

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

What are we doing with our lives...

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Washout posted:

All movement and contact (you hitting the enemy, the enemy hitting you) is client side, so ping shouldn't come into effect for that. However yeah if you're properly geared very little will be an actual one shot in general. Most raid bosses have a huge near-unavoidable attack if your group fails a dps check, but that's about it.

I played pso2jp with HughesNet for over a year so it can definitely be done, although I don't know if I could go back to that at this point.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I'm still using those two gemini units and a P-drive

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Well I hate this new UQ. I just can't get the Ridroid to move in a satisfying way with mouse and keyboard.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Press spacebar and left or right and turn your mouse during the strafe dash to make sharper turns.

anothergod
Apr 11, 2016

Does anyone know if this going to be released in the US on the PS4?

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

The clack of a light autocannon going off is just how you know everything's alright.
It is not. MS has a lock on western platforms for it. We will also not get ps4 or switch NG.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I finished the Episode 4 story.

I absolutely did not see Adam being an ageless being who had been guiding human development for thousands of years. I was dying laughing at him being Merlin and Abe no Semei.

Thinking about it though, what is the Mother UQ? It doesn't have a place in the story.

I also found the attempts to appease the player's ego by talking about how you're the strongest ARK pretty funny. It kind of felt like when a DM brings in an old character they played who is so strong and cool and popular but they don't really do anything. That's us!

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Aug 29, 2020

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Hypocrisy posted:

I finished the Episode 4 story.

I absolutely did not see Adam being an ageless being who had been guiding human development for thousands of years. I was dying laughing at him being Merlin and Abe no Semei.

Thinking about it though, what is the Mother UQ? It doesn't have a place in the story.

I also found the attempts to appease the player's ego by talking about how you're the strongest ARK pretty funny. It kind of felt like when a DM brings in an old character they played who is so strong and cool and popular but they don't really do anything. That's us!

The Mother you fight in the UQ is actually a phantasm of Mother in her falz form, not the real thing. Back in JP this was more obvious because her falz voice in the story didn't have that compression filter on it, while the one in the emergency quest did, since it was just a copy. Apparently whoever was directing how the voices should be in NA never caught onto that, though.

Also yeah I really hope you like the story jerking you off over how powerful your character is, because it's only going to do it more and more from here on out, so much so that
(kinda JP spoilers) You are basically the single most important being in the entire multiverse

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Are the Zig client orders that give items that cause all dropped weapons to be untekked not in the global version or is there an unlock requirement for them?

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

InspectorCarbonara posted:

Are the Zig client orders that give items that cause all dropped weapons to be untekked not in the global version or is there an unlock requirement for them?

That and the skilled trainer charm both require old type weapons that did not make the cut for NA, so they're probably never going to be in. It super sucks, skilled trainer is pretty important for endgame gearing.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Today in weird poo poo you can do with emotes:

Pumpkinreaper
Jan 19, 2010

Combat Lobster posted:

Today in weird poo poo you can do with emotes:

Someone please add this to the front page.

I swear it isn't just because I'm in it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Saagonsa posted:

The Mother you fight in the UQ is actually a phantasm of Mother in her falz form, not the real thing. Back in JP this was more obvious because her falz voice in the story didn't have that compression filter on it, while the one in the emergency quest did, since it was just a copy. Apparently whoever was directing how the voices should be in NA never caught onto that, though.

It also wasn't really that obvious unless you were really paying attention to the four lines of voice she got out before exploding in the story mission.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Pumpkinreaper posted:

Someone please add this to the front page.

I swear it isn't just because I'm in it.

Make us famous.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Is there a good writeup for ep4 story? I'm vaguely curious about the what and the why of fights and stuff but I hate nearly everyone in the story so I've been skipping everything for the campaign.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Stanos posted:

Is there a good writeup for ep4 story? I'm vaguely curious about the what and the why of fights and stuff but I hate nearly everyone in the story so I've been skipping everything for the campaign.

The plot of Episode 4 thus far basically boils down to: The Photoners were really lovely people and really lovely about cleaning up after themselves with a large side helping of 'Being lonely really sucks and can make you kinda crazy.'

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

OK, I must've missed how to craft and cook. I've been gathering some ingredients and asked around at the cafe, and you're supposed to be able to cook there and on the expedition ship?

Having fought Big Varder twice now, first as a Ranger and now as a Fighter, I have to say it's a pretty fun fight as a melee character, if overly long considering how much you have to destroy. As a ranged character it's pretty easy to cheese. I had no idea I could jump on it the first time; I just kept shooting at random parts on its body and looked to see if I was doing damage after taking out the side-mounted guns and cannons.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
Cooking is (mostly) only good for making buff foods for further gathering in the cafe. Gathering itself is good for a weekly set of orders that award 100k meseta each and for upgrading rings. The co are per character so a good amount of free money.

Crafting is a whole other process that you do in your personal quarters and is significantly more involved with four different processes and three distinct systems. E: Do the daily crafting stuff as it awards a bunch of free poo poo like crafting components and time reduction consumables. Also counts for the achievements that make crafting better without using your own components.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Aug 31, 2020

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Grimthwacker posted:

OK, I must've missed how to craft and cook. I've been gathering some ingredients and asked around at the cafe, and you're supposed to be able to cook there and on the expedition ship?

There's some Client Orders from the young lady standing next to the center of the cafe that will unlock both food making and ring making on the gateway ship. Most foods are meant to help get other ingredients, namely minerals and rocks for rings, and a select few that give stat boost like jerky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Stanos posted:

I never played through it but watched most of the major story scenes on YouTube way back when. Basically:
2 years after episode 3 you wake up from cryo-sleep. A bunch of unregistered ARKS have been appearing recently and acting strange, so they send you to investigate. While exploring the ruins with one they get possessed by some kind of dark photons (I think? I don’t remember exactly what the original nature of it was). This is Hitsugi, the actual main character of episode 4’s PSO2 character. She logs out and a little boy appears in her room that’s like a younger version of her character.

So basically, on alternate dimension Earth, PSO2 is a popular online game. But it’s a bit of a fake out, because it’s not actually a game but really a way to spy on ARKS by making avatars created by Mother, a failed copy of Xion that the photoners discarded into another dimension who impacted with earth and created the moon and the alternate dimension’s version of photons called ether. She and an Evil Anime Council called Mother Cluster made up of some of the most talented people on earth and also Hitsugi’s horrible useless friend are the main villains. They create phantasms, which are monsters made out of ether that take the forms of things that humans fear, like zombies, attack helicopters, historical WW2 battleships, and New York New York’s Statue of Liberty riding on the Luxor’s Sphinx.

Meanwhile you and other ARKS pop up to help Hitsugi and friends now and then, and there’s a bunch of stuff with the little kid, Al, being some kind of good Dark Falz that’s mix of ether and photons which is powerful I guess. Also, there’s a resistance against Mother led by a guy named Adam, and humans can develop special personal weapons from ether with special abilities, and Hitsugi’s lets her erase photons or something? It becomes important later.

Mother absorbs Al to get Falz powers and becomes a raid boss, and after you beat her it’s revealed that she’s not inherently evil but feels lonely and abandoned by the photoners and you almost get her to turn good and give up her grudge with the power of friendship but then she’s killed by Adam, who is actually evil. It turns out he’s one of the first humans and has been alive for millions of years and was a bunch of different historical figures. He uses ether to do magic and stuff and you fight him along with one of the Mother Cluster people who was actually Eve this whole time but as he dies he uses ether to summon God, who is a raid boss.

I may have some details wrong but that’s basically the overall plot.