Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.
They just talked about how they took two days off to reflect and they're glad they did. What did you learn guys. Also, wasn't it a labour action out of solidarity? Literally didn't say what they were protesting or wanting to accomplish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

Stealing your favourite hockey teams
...in spirit.

Escape Goat posted:

How many Tylers tonight?

Myers still out. What happened to Mark Donnelly?

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Why don't they match up the top line if the Knights insist on constantly starting with their fourth? It's so dumb they throw Beagle out there.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

suck on your mummys titties

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

STOP WASTING MY TIME

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Canucks PP looking great

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.
Whoopsie doodle

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Crap apples

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.
That flip in the air to a breakaway is making the defence look a bit dumb

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I love Edler but he's looking been such piss since the restart

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

gahhhh

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Yikes

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.

T.C. posted:

Whoopsie doodle

Double whoopsie doodle!

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.
I think the Canucks have a plan. Concentrate all the goals against into a couple of games and lose by a billion and then there won't be any goals against left for the other games.

Strategy!

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

T.C. posted:

I think the Canucks have a plan. Concentrate all the goals against into a couple of games and lose by a billion and then there won't be any goals against left for the other games.

Strategy!

Can't lose when the other team is so exhausted from shooting all the time

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

ThinkTank posted:

Can't lose when the other team is so exhausted from shooting all the time

Chicago tried that and Vegas still knocked them out in 5.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

I will never not find these plugs for random CBC series funny

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.
What secret faceoff magic does Malhotra know that somehow other people don't

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

...in spirit.
Plus when you let in 2 goals on 3 shots it just makes them need to shoot less! Canucks actually don’t look awful here, just some really big gaffes.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

ThinkTank posted:

STOP WASTING MY TIME

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Here we go

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.
That was super cool though

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.
That's the first time this playoffs where the Canucks have just gone for it and not cycled for the perfect shot. I'm fully in support of sometimes just taking all the shots

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Canucks are in the game. I don't expect them to win the series but I'm so happy to see them compete at this level. Maybe get a few bounces who knows.

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.

Escape Goat posted:

I will never not find these plugs for random CBC series funny

One day they will convince me to find out what CBC gem is so that i call watch war of the worlds

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.
Did they seriously ask the only black guy whether he can still play hard against people when they showed a minimal level of humanity. Like, maybe they like each other more now but he doesn't owe them a favour.

edit: neat, now we're talking about how the black lives matter movement reflects well on the white captain of the Canucks. There has been more talk about that on the CBC broadcast than the actual issue it was supposedly about.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Mark Messier yeah what a great captain, superb guy

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

...in spirit.
I would like to formally suggest they add one goal at the end of the game for whichever team has the best face off percentage. Or maybe... 3 goals?

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.
I have decided that Manny Malhotra just bribed the linesmen to rig faceoffs for the last ten years of his career and has continued the practice as a coach.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I liked the first round when Sutter sorta did some stuff occasionally

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

...in spirit.
We really need Boeser to get going. Sadly he’s been dropped to Virtanen’s spot/line so it’s not going to happen now I’d imagine.

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.
It feels weird to say that the period where the Canucks weren't scored on twice has not been as good... But it sort of wasn't :confused:

T.C. fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Aug 30, 2020

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

many such men

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.
This is what you use as an example for five year olds in math class for why counting is important

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

hoo boy

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.
Okay... I'm tempted to say that you pull markstrom to get Demko some minutes and markstrom some rest. Just because of the weird back to backs

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

better luck next time. fun series

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

on to the next one

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
i really cant be too mad about the canucks losing when it's against vegas. although the poo poo calls against roussel are annoying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
I was driving so had to settle for audio only, what did Roussel get that 10 minute misconduct for