Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I care for Brazil nuts a great deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Is it true in Brazil they just call them “nuts”

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Yes but they pronounce the 't' like a 'w'.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

fischtick posted:

It is true, however, that a “real” Philadelphian would eat a cheesesteak every day if they could. Maybe twice a day.

Sign me up for this.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
posting on the cool page number

:twisted:

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Didn't get more collagen powder a couple weeks ago at church because it's hella expensive and I've still got a couple of weeks yet, got the recent mailer and it's going on sale soon, PBUC.

(edit to acknowledge :twisted: page)

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Hail savings

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hail Costco

1 dog 2 slices

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

13Pandora13 posted:

I'm more of an Al's gal and my whole family thinks I'm loving insane. Portillos is good but Al's is better. Fite me.

Chicago has amazing pizza but god forbid anyone outside of the area bother to actually try Chicago style thin crust or double-decker before immediately making GBS threads their pants about "pizza casserole" as if every joint in the city is lovely pizzeria Uno.

I prefer Al's too but I'm just lucky to have a portillo's here after moving to Indiana

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

hope and vaseline posted:

I prefer Al's too but I'm just lucky to have a portillo's here after moving to Indiana

Sup Indy friend and also hail Costco sized Satan with free refill

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Xaris posted:

New York isn't just greasy bodega pizza that slides off onto the ground as soon as you pick it up,
Yes it is

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Is the cauliflower rice available nationwide? It’s in the frozen section somewhere? I want to get some when I go next week

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

david_a posted:

Is the cauliflower rice available nationwide? It’s in the frozen section somewhere? I want to get some when I go next week

I think I bought the frozen variety it in San Antonio Texas once. Also recently they have a shelf stable cauliflower rice

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That's tempting, how much?
Hail Co.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

My new air fryer is loved like an extra child in the family. Thank you, Costco thread.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Manuel Calavera posted:

That's tempting, how much?
Hail Co.

I can’t remember. You must go to the temple and find out.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

shadow puppet of a posted:

My new air fryer is loved like an extra child in the family. Thank you, Costco thread.

Have you considered the financial security you just gave up in order to make tasty, crispy items in a short period of time

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

shadow puppet of a posted:

Air Fryer Bros 4 lyfe!

Just realize that unfortunately, you’ve also instantly made forums enemies and you never know when they’ll pop out of nowhere and call you out for your life decision.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I've gotten good reviews from friends; the main thing holding me back is kitchen space and if I were to sacrifice any more of it I'd probably get an instant pot first.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

PIZZA.BAT posted:

baltimore / the eastern shore is 100% about that blue crab tho

That, and judging people who aren't good at picking crabs.

Or don't use old bay

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Hail Costco!

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug
Went to church this morning for paper plates, and lo and behold they had a pallet of Clorox wipes. I snagged a pack, but they were all gone by the time I got back from the plate aisle.

Hail Costco!

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Olanphonia posted:

That, and judging people who aren't good at picking crabs.

Or don't use old bay

the true division is over the mustard

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Hail Costco!

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

The Hambulance posted:

Went to church this morning for paper plates, and lo and behold they had a pallet of Clorox wipes. I snagged a pack, but they were all gone by the time I got back from the plate aisle.

Hail Costco!
The massive runs on bleach and Clorox wipe never made sense to me unless you're somehow keeping them on you everytime you leave the house and using them on every item in public before you touch it.

People are far more likely to pick up COVID from the shopping in Costco (yes with masks) than you would be from contact transmission unless you somehow can't wash your hands, don't have hand sanitizer, and can't stop shoving your hands into your face.

Edit: just noticed I had "in COVID"

jisforjosh fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Aug 30, 2020

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Yeah I have a couple tube of clorox wipes that I've basically stopped using. Its not spreading via surface transmission. Disinfecting surfaces is the new security theater of the land.

I just use them when I clean my bathroom now.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Hail Costco!

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
I use the Kirkland wipes pretty regularly for non-COVID related cleanups, like for cleaning up after cutting lots of raw chicken, or for grease splatters. We keep packs in the kitchen and bathroom for "quick" cleanup.

I think we were indoctrinated into Wipe Culture by Costco when we had a kid. Like, every action resulted in a baby wipe back then, and I think we had a pack in every room and in the car. It was like bringing up a teeny, tiny Adrian Monk there for a while.

$1.50 dog and soda (with refill) shall be the whole of the law

Coffee_Break
Apr 30, 2008

The Hambulance posted:

Hail Costco!
Their paper plates are the best, coated and way less than Meijer brand per plate. I use them as disposable cutting boards and for serving most casual meals and snacks here. That big package lasts months!
Did not see Clorox wipes at our Kalamazoo Costco, but they did have the back wall full of Kirkland (tm) bath tissue, big sign 'Limit 1'! As opposed to the 2 small pallets when I went a month ago. No quality Kirkland paper towels, but some more expensive Bounty, glad that's an 'every other month' need and can wait.
Meat and pretty much all food and freezer items seemed well stocked with no glaring empty holes. Many items were still marked 'high demand item, limit 1' such as fresh and frozen meats and some cleaning products.
Got my essentials of TP, kitty litter, laundry detergent, butter, bacon, coffee, shrimp, a rotisserie chicken, and potstickers.

Banjo skeletons were available but did not purchase. :P

Got a dog and a slice to go on my way out, and as I sat at the light to enter the highway, to my right on the median was a young gentleman with a cardboard 'Homeless' sign. Didn't have any cash and I debated offering him my dog or slice I was bringing home, hot, fresh, and wrapped in foil. While I struggled with my conscience he was at my window. He saw the cigarettes and asked for a smoke. Dilemma solved. "Hope you don't mind menthol..." and handed him two as the light turned green.

PBUC

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

david_a posted:

Funny you ask this. I was looking for some at my Co today and they didn’t have the regular. Only the stir fry kind.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Propaganda Machine posted:

I've gotten good reviews from friends; the main thing holding me back is kitchen space and if I were to sacrifice any more of it I'd probably get an instant pot first.

If it's between an air fryer with an InstantPot then definitely go for the InstantPot.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

InstantPot for sure

It also doubles as an extra burner which is way more useful than you'd think

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Propaganda Machine posted:

Nth-ing the InstantPot, it's so drat useful.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

jisforjosh posted:

Nth-ing the InstantPot, it's so drat useful.

Oh yeah like you need one of those. It's just a convection oven without the fan and less temperature controls.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

I split a Costco membership, i walked through the entire store and got a large jar of shelf stable mango pieces and a large jar of pesto. What are the most legendary kirkland brand products?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
what's somethign a single woman could buy hersoilf at costco to make the pain go away temporarily, thinking 300 dollar range

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

either a personal massager or an air fryer

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

number 1 snake fan posted:

Brazil nuts and Chicago style popcorn both own bones you philistines

if there were a way to eat forever and never gain any weight, brazil nuts forever. forever and ever.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Pennywise the Frown posted:

If it's between an air fryer with an InstantPot then definitely go for the InstantPot.

They sell a Instantpot with an Air fryer attachement now, basically a big fan lid.

Also, has anyone else only seen the LingLing chicken pot stickers instead of the korean style dumplings? First time back at costco and there were more then a few things missing from the store I usually always buy.

I didn't see the honey blossom cookies either but they had a fancy box of green tea/taro/azuki bean mochi I grabbed to try that is shockingly good. I've never had real mochi or anything similar but the green tea flavor was especially amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Pick posted:

what's somethign a single woman could buy hersoilf at costco to make the pain go away temporarily, thinking 300 dollar range

30 boxes of these salted egg yolk cookies (I think they're 10 bucks at costco)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TLQK4B1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_btf_t1_AhYsFbB1B2EMR