Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Haha what do you think Bowsette smells like LOL
This poll is closed.
Lilac 12 3.96%
Gooseberries 8 2.64%
Turtle soup 11 3.63%
Your favourite Doritos flavor (please specify) 14 4.62%
Gamer girl bath water 54 17.82%
Stop it 158 52.15%
A Pizza Hut Personal Pan Pizza (Pepperoni) 33 10.89%
get stick bugged lol 12 3.96%
tomato pizza 1 0.33%
Total: 303 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

The 7th Guest posted:

just ignore the emergent missions

and don't even worry about the loot it's not important

yeah i will from now on, same for the executive whatever quests which just seem like random kill quests for random loot. some even request me to kill poo poo using weapons i dont have. if this game could replace every combat encounter with a terminal where i read someone's office memos i would be so thrilled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Khanstant posted:

yeah i will from now on, same for the executive whatever quests which just seem like random kill quests for random loot. some even request me to kill poo poo using weapons i dont have. if this game could replace every combat encounter with a terminal where i read someone's office memos i would be so thrilled

A thing to note about Board Countermeasures is that you can take one and instantly abandon it to clear it out of your list and add a new one, so you can shuffle through them until you get a set you can do without much fuss.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Sorry for photo quality but I wanted to share the progress on my needle felt blitty

It's kinda misshapen and the lines aren't straight but I'm hoping it'll at least look close enough to a blitty that I can be happy with the end result. I'm working on the feet now. Only things left to do are the feet, mouth, eyes, and tail.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
You made a cube with an rear end

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Yeah :smith:

That's what they look like, I'm just doing one of blitties with closed eyes.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the debate of pirannha bytes vs spiders has been put to rest by me playing risen 3 for 10 minutes and finding out the combat was somehow way worse than greedfall, and greedfall's combat was dire

that said, my playthrough of greedfall culminated in a crash right after the end credits

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

GD_American posted:

Hey y'all, this is probably laughable to you but I used to use Kongregate for the occasional time-killing browser game, but apparently they're circling the drain and not accepting new games. Because googling "best browser game website" is about as useless as poo poo, where would you guys recommend for just basic poo poo like launcher or tower defense browser games?

Android Store? That stuff has mostly all gone mobile now.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

GD_American posted:

Hey y'all, this is probably laughable to you but I used to use Kongregate for the occasional time-killing browser game, but apparently they're circling the drain and not accepting new games. Because googling "best browser game website" is about as useless as poo poo, where would you guys recommend for just basic poo poo like launcher or tower defense browser games?

If you want Flash games you're basically going to have to check out Flashpoint

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

I'm just catching up on this and holy poo poo Ubisoft

Just literally making a game where BLM are the villains and turning them into secret international terrorists

Not even remotely subtle

Also the language, "It is clear playing by the rules will not win this fight" Jesus Christ Almighty

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The "Boo! Get new material!" crow meme, but it's Tom Clancy and secret agents + conspiracies.

I love that the dude is stone cold dead in the ground, and they're still attaching his name to absolute garbage because it has 'clout'

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

Zaphod42 posted:

I'm just catching up on this and holy poo poo Ubisoft

Just literally making a game where BLM are the villains and turning them into secret international terrorists

Not even remotely subtle

Also the language, "It is clear playing by the rules will not win this fight" Jesus Christ Almighty

I feel like Ubi games all either have a vague apolitical anti-authoritarianism or they go full fash.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

This is the seventh time in 24 hours my cat has headbutted my Xbox 360 on after learning this funny device makes a cute noise and turns into a belly heating device after a few minutes. Capacitance buttons are made by petless assholes, knock that poo poo off!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Could be worse, my cat has learned to open doors.

She jumps at the handle and uses her weight to push the door open.

Nowhere is safe.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

al-azad posted:

This is the seventh time in 24 hours my cat has headbutted my Xbox 360 on after learning this funny device makes a cute noise and turns into a belly heating device after a few minutes. Capacitance buttons are made by petless assholes, knock that poo poo off!

Cut out the middleman and get one of those PS4s with the capacitive eject button. It presses itself!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Khanstant posted:

Alright Control is a little bit getting on my nerves now, they put me on this mission and I'm helping some medic, then they pop-up with this like timed quest that seems urgent, so I warped somewhere to do that but apparently it's just bonus events for random loot rewards. Was this going to be a f2p originally and they walked it back at some point? Sometimes just walking through a door, then taking a few steps backwards is enough for the game to spawn random enemies in that room, even if you just cleared it a moment ago. Also annoyed because I cleared that mission, but then turned a corner and happened to be right next to some enemy who was apparently sneaking around or just popped in and killed me before i could even react, from full health.

you're about to meet the worst enemy in the game: the goon who responds to this with "actually Control is flawless and none of these things happened to you"

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Aug 30, 2020

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I don't think I crafted a single thing in all of my playthrough of Control
No kidding, I keep forgetting the game even has a crafting system because I almost never used it, it's so useless. The game will give you better upgrades anyway, so the only reason to even interact with the system is shredding dozens of worthless upgrades to make room for collecting more.

The random executive missions have one more purpose, which is loudly announcing themselves right when you're in a super atmospheric part of the game or "in the zone". Hey I'm really digging the flow of the ashtray ma-"HONK HONK executive order!"

Chev fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Aug 30, 2020

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

GD_American posted:

there's some browser stuff on itch.io, but there the browser game scene isn't anything like what it used to be

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What about miniclip

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

What a way to go.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Hwurmp posted:

you're about to meet the worst enemy in the game: the goon who responds to this with "actually Control is flawless and none of these things happened to you"

i really do want to track down when I first decided to go hardcore no-spoilers in anticipation of eventually buying this because I swear they were selling it like was revolutionary but didn't mention oh btw its also a super annoying 3rd person shooter disconnected from everything good or interesting going on. So far it's very much a bad shooting game with a really great atmosphere and potential story and I want to finish it because I love exactly this kind of setting so much. I take no joy in overcoming these challenges and they really don't belong so I'm going to play the rest of the game invincible and hopefully never again have to get this pissy about lovely combat

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

The combat is fun.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Infinitum posted:

The "Boo! Get new material!" crow meme, but it's Tom Clancy and secret agents + conspiracies.

I love that the dude is stone cold dead in the ground, and they're still attaching his name to absolute garbage because it has 'clout'

Tom Clancy stopped being a person and started just being a video game series years ago.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

Tom Clancy stopped being a person and started just being a video game series years ago.

Around the time he died in 2013? :P

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

exquisite tea posted:

The combat is fun.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

The combat is fun.

not when youre trying to play the xfiles

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I liked the shooty and the spooky elements, both were equally good to me.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I really, really enjoy shooting the walls, paintings, desks, and objects. I shoot every portrait of myself because I'm convinced it will unlock the secret treasure puzzle chamber or something. I shoot every piece of paper off every corkboard to see if there's a hidden note. Sometimes I shoot stuff off desks but I like to just jump on it and do it by foot first most times. I'm going to turn this game into Luigi's Mansion even if they refuse to reward me for my intense scenery clutter scrutiny.

This is absolutely the best game in terms of destructible bullshit in levels, I spent a really long time at the start, before even finding out there was a gun in the game just abusing a coffeecart that you can stand inside of and walk around with that instantly ragdoll flings everything it touches.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Aug 30, 2020

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
I'd enjoy shooting anything but soldiers and humans in Control but as it turns out...

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

exquisite tea posted:

The combat is fun.

It does start out a bit slow but then you start getting all your moves and :getin:

Turns out very little can remain standing after getting nailed by three hunks of concrete at once.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Chev posted:

I'd enjoy shooting anything but soldiers and humans in Control but as it turns out...

Fighting that big plant was interminable, I preferred fighting soldiers

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Khanstant posted:

i really do want to track down when I first decided to go hardcore no-spoilers in anticipation of eventually buying this because I swear they were selling it like was revolutionary but didn't mention oh btw its also a super annoying 3rd person shooter disconnected from everything good or interesting going on. So far it's very much a bad shooting game with a really great atmosphere and potential story and I want to finish it because I love exactly this kind of setting so much. I take no joy in overcoming these challenges and they really don't belong so I'm going to play the rest of the game invincible and hopefully never again have to get this pissy about lovely combat

this is all post max payne remedy games

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I never played conker's bad fur day so I think this was my first boss fight against a poo poo monster in a game. I really loved that sequence. I popped a zit and almost died from a deadly blast of putrid poo poo

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Just started playing Jedi Fallen Order and man it's a really good looking game, what an intro. Some of that reminded me of the train segment in Uncharted 2, too. So far really digging this in a way that other soulslike-esque games never have gripped me, maybe it's just because the landscapes are so colorful and have really nice lighting, plus I just really dig the powers you get. Also helps I'm playing on PC at Epic grafix in glorious 120fps, just a really beautiful game so far

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Stux posted:

this is all post max payne remedy games

i looked them up and i've never played any of their games. my stepdad had max payne so I remember seeing him doing the slow-mo stuff but thats about it. so is alan wake a cool paranatural mystery kind of thing but also an overbearing shooter of whatever the fashion in shooters was in 20XX?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, kinda. It also structures itself like it's a television show, with like preview bumpers.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Khanstant posted:

i looked them up and i've never played any of their games. my stepdad had max payne so I remember seeing him doing the slow-mo stuff but thats about it. so is alan wake a cool paranatural mystery kind of thing but also an overbearing shooter of whatever the fashion in shooters was in 20XX?
you got it

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Khanstant posted:

pretty much, but I managed to complete it whereas I gave up on Control after ten hours

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5iy46bsov4

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Enjoying hypnospace outlaw on switch. Glad I waited for the port which took what 3 months right?

18 months?????????????????

I have lost the concept of time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Khanstant posted:

I never played conker's bad fur day so I think this was my first boss fight against a poo poo monster in a game. I really loved that sequence. I popped a zit and almost died from a deadly blast of putrid poo poo

Sadly this one didn’t know how to sing. :(