Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Nitrousoxide posted:

I found the teleporting girl in Railgun very annoying, and I've given up watching the first season a few times because of her.

she is especially annoying early in the first season. they tone it down a lot over time.

i almost didnt continue watching because of the ecchi poo poo surrounding her in the first season. thankfully it's just early on really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
railgun quickly gets into content that shows off kuroko as a competent ojou-sama who punches way above her weight class and constantly gets into cool cqc fights putting her body on the line to protect the civvies

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

kuroko is good

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Space Flower posted:

railgun quickly gets into content that shows off kuroko as a competent ojou-sama who punches way above her weight class and constantly gets into cool cqc fights putting her body on the line to protect the civvies

And then it realizes that Kuroko is actually crazy overpowered, so every arc it needs to think of a new reason why she can't just solve the problem.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Tamba posted:

And then it realizes that Kuroko is actually crazy overpowered, so every arc it needs to think of a new reason why she can't just solve the problem.

Oh no; Naraku's Poisonous Insects!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Tales of Woe posted:

kuroko is good
Kurokos in general are

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

It's not gonna dethrone Yurucamp in the annals of Comfy Shows or anything, but I feel like Houkago Teibo Nisshi has rounded into form pretty nicely over the last couple eps. I'm a lot more bought in on the character dynamics than I was initially and it's been very cozy overall lately.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
i think my favorite comfy show in the last... decade probably was Today's Menu for the Emiya Family. such a wholesome show.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Tabletops posted:

i think my favorite comfy show in the last... decade probably was Today's Menu for the Emiya Family. such a wholesome show.

Go check out Restaurant to Another World if you've not already seen it.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

yeah it's not on the same level as tsuritama but it's a good solid hobby SoL series. gonna finally end my streak of bailing on doga kobo shows, the last one i finished was new game

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Go check out Restaurant to Another World if you've not already seen it.

also good!

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Watched the first two episodes of Great Pretender this evening and I'm definitely looking forward to the rest. It's so much fun, I can't help the stupid grin on my face.

excellent bird guy
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
I'm jumping on the bandwagon with Hunter X Hunter. In Japanese, the voice acting is really good!

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

lmao re:zero really did made a character called garfiel transform into a large orange cat

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Re Zero kicks rear end, y'all

cave emperor posted:

lmao re:zero really did made a character called garfiel transform into a large orange cat

Riiiiide the Tiger
You can see his stripes
But you know he's cleeeean
Oh don't you seeee
What I meeeean

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Aug 27, 2020

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

cave emperor posted:

gently caress you, I was able to take this show seriously until now

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Man, Kazuya manages to one up his scummyness every episode.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Nitrousoxide posted:

Man, Kazuya manages to one up his scummyness every episode.
How old is that chick anyway? The way they talk about it she's in High School?

How TF did the English dub handle it?
"Well Kazuya she's 18 but do you really want to date a HIGH SCHOOLER?!?"

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

FilthyImp posted:

How old is that chick anyway? The way they talk about it she's in High School?

How TF did the English dub handle it?
"Well Kazuya she's 18 but do you really want to date a HIGH SCHOOLER?!?"

Ruka? She's 17.

I was mostly talking about him stalking Chizuru

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Chizuru reacted way better than I was expecting she would. She really is the most put-together person in this show.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I want to know if Uzaki got better at swimming.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Well someone on Deca-dence's staff is clearly a fan of Monsters Inc :allears:.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
New railgun was good and mostly chill.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I just wanted to say that I've absolutely hated and grown bored by what SWO: Alice has done since the first break, I don't know was that over a year ago now? I loved it so much the first multicour run. But it was endlessly boring since resolving the first bit. I decided to catch up on a few weeks worth I was behind cuz well I don't really have a reason, its cheap easy viewing so why not. Eugeo manifesting ALMOST, ALMOST, LIKE ITS SO GOOD ALMOST redeems it entirely. It is... starkly horrible how much I care about that one element compared to the entire rest of the show.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

https://twitter.com/kadokawasneaker/status/1300267297668440064

its time

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/yuriko9rk/status/1300318116178661376?s=21

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the jokes about calling someone shinzo abe aren't very funny

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

:worship:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Colonel posted:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I still dont think God of Highschool is great story wise but the fights sure are a fun visual experience.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress Shinzo Abe.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Shinzo Abe would prefer you gently caress your spouse.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

The Colonel posted:

your face sorta looks like... mori, the previous prime minister...

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Freakazoid_ posted:

your face sorta looks like... mori, the previous prime minister...

Plesse do not compare someone to a racist, nationalist homophobe

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I wish I was....a bird

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Endorph posted:

Plesse do not compare someone to a racist, nationalist homophobe

psyer
Mar 26, 2013
https://twitter.com/cramer_pr/status/1301535566996013056

Farewell, My Dear Cramer is getting an anime TV adaptation and a movie coming out in April 2021.

It is by Naoshi Arakawa, the author for Your Lie in April. It is a sports manga that follows a high school girls soccer team. I think this a somewhat realistic soccer manga that promotes women soccer and the struggle and the pressure of it. The story is more focused on the sports and the characters.

The manga is currently translated on Crunchyroll and Comixology. One minor annoyance with the official translation is some of the word choice on with the sports jargon.

He has a prequel story of this called Sayonara Football that is also released by Kodansha Manga.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

psyer posted:

https://twitter.com/cramer_pr/status/1301535566996013056

Farewell, My Dear Cramer is getting an anime TV adaptation and a movie coming out in April 2021.

It is by Naoshi Arakawa, the author for Your Lie in April. It is a sports manga that follows a high school girls soccer team. I think this a somewhat realistic soccer manga that promotes women soccer and the struggle and the pressure of it. The story is more focused on the sports and the characters.

The manga is currently translated on Crunchyroll and Comixology. One minor annoyance with the official translation is some of the word choice on with the sports jargon.

He has a prequel story of this called Sayonara Football that is also released by Kodansha Manga.

Petition to have the inevitable thread about the show use the phrase "*Cramers in*" somewhere in the title.

psyer
Mar 26, 2013

psyer posted:

And the trailer for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kim1S3ySNqs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Farewell, My Dear Cosmo Kramer.