Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

NotJustANumber99 posted:

yeah. i agree, they just shouldnt outsource the thing to lovely companies. Just put it on council tax or something.
yeah tbf if the tv licence goes away all that will happen is that taxes will go up to pay for the poo poo that the licence fee currently pays for (broadcasting towers etc), except that it'll be for everyone instead of the people who opt in. and we'll also get a 2nd itv instead of the advert free bbc

i'd rather pay for a tv licence than an amazon prime membership because i'd rather my money go to auntie beeb than jeff fuckin bezos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
the bbc's impartiality and overall quality needs to be improved but i have zero problems with everyone paying for it, if its good. maybe do spin off the doctor who and top gear stuff i dont know. BBC news is poo poo now, it actually used to be respected I think? BUt then the world service fought hitler when maybe it should have reported in a fair and balanced way on his successes.

amazon is bad. and getting worse but i still have a use for it.

i will be dead soon and can stop worrying about it all.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
What gets me is the assumption that every house should have one, and they send you threatening letters just if a house doesn't have a license. When I moved I to my house, a threatening letter was sat there waiting for me. gently caress them. They hassled my parents when I was growing up too.

Their language, on the website and all the correspondence I get, is poo poo. I have no problem with the BBC itself, I just don't have any interest in TV (apart from the occasional bike race.)

What cracks me up, though, is their correspondence goes in cycles. Starts off vague and friendly "we've noticed you don't have a TV license! Oops!" And then builds up to the aforementioned fake court order (which is really loving dodgy. Would really scare my elderly neighbours, for instance) and then....drops back down to the friendly letters again. I've been through the cycle several times.

Anyway that's enough whining about TV licenses. Sorry.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

whose got the biggest tv?

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

We went from 42" to 49" last year. It feels massive but I know it's babby poo poo compared to what you can get

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
We picked up a 90" for something at work and it was completely obscene. I wouldn't want one in my house. 60" is my limit.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

NotJustANumber99 posted:

whose got the biggest tv?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

yeah ive got a 50 or something that my little brother gave me, said it didnt fit their decor, posh people now want their tv smaller again apparently. I guess it matters how close you sit to it.

I never watch it. Everything i watch is like 11 inch or 5 inch.

ooer

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

mine is 32" fully erect

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

i think my tv's a 42" which is fine for my purposes

what does need replacing is my piece of poo poo 9 year old 23" computer monitor. my mum got a 32" curved one for her bday the other day and i'm jealous as gently caress

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

how do her spreadsheets look?

no offence.

Doug Sisk
Sep 11, 2001
The best sandwich in the world is a fried egg toastwich. Buttered toast, fried egg (runny yolk, mashed up with knife and fork), salt, small amount of tomato sauce, buttered bread on top. Does anyone have any improvements over this? Genuinely interested, no posers.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Doug Sisk posted:

The best sandwich in the world is a fried egg toastwich. Buttered toast, fried egg (runny yolk, mashed up with knife and fork), salt, small amount of tomato sauce, buttered bread on top. Does anyone have any improvements over this? Genuinely interested, no posers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmBBqvhKO10

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

it's made better with the addition of the best biscuits - you know the type - as well as a packet of the best crisps

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

i dont think there can be a best sandwich. its incredibly personal and also completely unimportant like most things we discuss in depth.

its along similar lines to your choice only worse in every way, but i really enjoy all day breakfast sandwiches from supermarkets with prawn cocktail crisps and a diet coke. It reminds me that someone somewhere has vaguely thought about me whilst we both remained trapped in a horrible capitalist system that means i'm buying poo poo sandwiches from tescos in exchange for an hour of my paid time.

the fact that an earl invented it means a sandwich was never meant to be egalitarian, it was always to keep our noses to the grindstone. really we shouldnt eat them. The french dont, they have proper 2 hour lunches with red wine and steak and all they had to do was cut a few heads off.

Doug Sisk
Sep 11, 2001

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

it's made better with the addition of the best biscuits - you know the type - as well as a packet of the best crisps

I agree McCoys Thai Sweet Chicken crisps might improve it (will have to try it), I'm not sure chocolate digestives would.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

im still interested if theres anyone out there with a bigger tv than 90", can't be a projector.

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

Doug Sisk posted:

my [recently] new favourite sandwich is this, except with the fresh tomatoes subbed with those sundried tomatoes in garlic/oregano infused olive oil you can get, and just normal pesto instead of the aioli. and i tend to pre-buy the ciabatta instead of making it because gently caress that

edit: skip to 3:50 in the video cos i dont do any of the poo poo before it

oh no computer fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Aug 29, 2020

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

mine is the tescos meal deal bacon and chicken and stuffing sandwich, and i am wholly correct in this. no-one can persuade me otherwise

Doug Sisk
Sep 11, 2001

oh no computer posted:

my [recently] new favourite sandwich is this, except with the fresh tomatoes subbed with those sundried tomatoes in garlic/oregano infused olive oil you can get, and just normal pesto instead of the aioli. and i tend to pre-buy the ciabatta instead of making it because gently caress that

That does look good, and may be the tastiest, but the amount of work stops it being best. If I had 6 hours to make a sandwich, I wouldn't be eating a sandwich.

EDIT: Looking at your edit, it is basically a parma ham, mozzarella and pesto sandwich (rocket is awful and tomato slices just make it soggy), which is great but not as good as a fried egg toastwich.

Doug Sisk fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Aug 29, 2020

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

while i admit it's a pain in the arse due to number of ingredients, it takes at most 2 mins to assemble if you buy the bread instead of bake it

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

Doug Sisk posted:

EDIT: Looking at your edit, it is basically a parma ham, mozzarella and pesto sandwich (rocket is awful and tomato slices just make it soggy), which is great but not as good as a fried egg toastwich.
yeah ignoring the fact that i clearly said i use sundried tomatoes, i too prefer a glorified eggy soldier over a work of art. you loving clown. you fool. you cretin.

Doug Sisk
Sep 11, 2001

oh no computer posted:

I too prefer a glorified eggy soldier over a work of art.

This is about right.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

two old codgers fighting over eggy bread!

Doug Sisk
Sep 11, 2001

NotJustANumber99 posted:

two old codgers fighting over eggy bread!

England.txt

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Fun Shoe
this is the best sandwich

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zswRwwB3iyk

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

thats a 6 minute youtube that starts with him pulling the bread out. too afraid

Doug Sisk
Sep 11, 2001

You're right, that does look really loving good.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

not a sandwich though

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I turned down the chance to have a monster TV that was bigger than my arms outstretched, because my house is in England and therefore the only way a TV that size would fit would be if it were turned sideways. Which would be fine if I was laid on the sofa watching, but that's a serious choking hazard if I was eating a sandwich at the same time.

There are two best sandwiches: a tuna, cucumber and mayo on granary bread that was the first solid food I ate after a bout of food poisoning, and a hot aubergine, pesto and mozzerella ciabatta at a train station. It was so good that on the return journey I bought another one, took so long in the queue that I had to run to catch the train, and ended up dropping it on the platform. RIP sandwich :(

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

and now my neck aches

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

because of sideways

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

NotJustANumber99 posted:

because of sideways
https://youtu.be/aLDrW2AXClk?t=99

Cyril Sneeer
Apr 4, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

oh no computer posted:

if you're still thinking about killing people it's probs best to not post about it mate

hmm, what should I do about ithen (THIS IS A MASSIVE DISCLAIMER JOSE, I AM NOT GOING TO KILL MY BRO-IN-LAW, plsd dont probe me again)

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

mine is the tescos meal deal bacon and chicken and stuffing sandwich, and i am wholly correct in this. no-one can persuade me otherwise

Morrisons chicken and stuffing, its even on white bread

Cyril Sneeer
Apr 4, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Salisbury Snape posted:

Morrisons chicken and stuffing, its even on white bread

gently caress your white bread. M&S do the best sandwiches, that is it.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!
Is there a way to do a fried egg bagel with a runnyish yolk that won't make a horrendous mess or is that a fool's dream? Perhaps if you layered some bacon beneath the egg...

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

The mess is the good bit, you just need to make sure you leave enough bagel for mopping up afterwards

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Plug the bagel hole with grout

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
A simple improvement to the egg sandwich is the inclusion of spinach and crumbled black pudding