Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Pick posted:

what's somethign a single woman could buy hersoilf at costco to make the pain go away temporarily, thinking 300 dollar range

depending on your state you can get *a lot* of booze there

or you can get a sherpa blanket for $20 and use the remaining $280 on 186 $1.50 dogs and sodas (with refill)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Pick posted:

what's somethign a single woman could buy hersoilf at costco to make the pain go away temporarily, thinking 300 dollar range

Book a fuckin' sweet car through their rental car travel deals and tool around for a couple days blasting music and eating fistfuls of Kirkland chocolate covered almonds.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Pick posted:

They have a great selection of alcohol.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

PIZZA.BAT posted:

depending on your state you can get *a lot* of booze there

or you can get a sherpa blanket for $20 and use the remaining $280 on 186 $1.50 dogs and sodas (with refill)

I would actually like to get another one of their Sherpa blankets, I have one and it like disappeared or something

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Pick posted:

I would actually like to get another one of their Sherpa blankets, I have one and it like disappeared or something

Get that and like 4 bottles of Veuve Clicquot then

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Pick posted:

I have two of them. I couldn't recommend the queen size if you're single because it is HUGE. Like, cumbersome huge. Get a twin maybe. They're lovely.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I have the opposite rec, I got the king one because my other one was smaller and it was annoying having to rotate it to find a way for it to cover me comfortably. Now I just get under it and it's always big enough no matter the orientation.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Never mind, I found it, it was on my bed

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

PokeJoe posted:

I have the opposite rec, I got the king one because my other one was smaller and it was annoying having to rotate it to find a way for it to cover me comfortably. Now I just get under it and it's always big enough no matter the orientation.

A friend of mine took one of the big ones and folded it over so that it formed a fairly spacious "foot pocket" on the bottom, then sewed it in. Your feet naturally seek out the pocket and its 365 degrees of sherpa warmth.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Its not $300 but you can't put a price tag on good self care.

https://www.costco.ca/eurodib-30-unit-hot-dog-roller.product.100104478.html

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Duck and Cover posted:

Oh yeah like you need one of those. It's just a convection oven without the fan and less temperature controls.

uh it's a pressure cooker and if that's just like your oven then you might want to get your oven checked out

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live

Pick posted:

as a single dude who lives by himself, i have 3 so yeah quit fuckin around

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Those sherpa blankets are too warm. They make me sweat to death even if it's cold all around me. So I get out of it to cool off, get clammy and cold, repeat until I just give up. Why do you guys enjoy these things?

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

fizzymercy posted:

Those sherpa blankets are too warm. They make me sweat to death even if it's cold all around me. So I get out of it to cool off, get clammy and cold, repeat until I just give up. Why do you guys enjoy these things?

Our bodies aren’t broken like yours

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

fizzymercy posted:

so cold

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

fizzymercy posted:

Actually thanks for this, I tend to run a bit hot so now I know not to be tempted by these things

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Got a new s20+phone and another byod line with the free Bluetooth earbuds, car charger and $100 Costco cash card from the wireless kiosk. After we agreed to two plans and prices, the guy kept dropping the plan prices as he was setting up the accounts Saving $400 over the plan life. Very nice experience.

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

:chaostrump:
They have great deals on phones. Need to scope one out next time they have an unlocked and rootable Motorola on sale. That's good to know about the plan benefits--need to switch carriers and I might as well open a line through them.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

I split a Costco membership, i walked through the entire store and got a large jar of shelf stable mango pieces and a large jar of pesto. What are the most legendary kirkland brand products?

Toilet paper, paper towels, napkins, most paper products, in fact. Only one I don't get Kirkland is facial tissue, where I find i still prefer Kleenex.

Since the baked goods are all made in-house, I consider them Kirkland, too. And I love the muffins. Then there's the Ciabatta rolls and French baguettes, especially if you get there early and they're fresh baked. And I stopped making pumpkin pies for Thanksgiving after getting them at church for the past few years.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
gotta get a pack of Kirkland 100% BEEF hotdogs

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

I split a Costco membership, i walked through the entire store and got a large jar of shelf stable mango pieces and a large jar of pesto. What are the most legendary kirkland brand products?

A lot of the "legendary kirkland brand" is going to be pretty mundane but Doodles answered some of it and I would add these are the pretty solid regular kirkland staples you should get, most you dont need to buy very often, like once to 4x a year sort of thing, but depends:

kirkland branded products that are good and very high quality:
-Toilet Paper
-Paper Towels
-Conditioner
-Body wash
-Shampoo
-Garbage Bags
-Parchment Paper / tin foil sheets / cling wrap
-Normandy Blend (frozen section)
-Mexican cheese blend (fridge section)
-Parmesan Reggiano blocks
-AAA/AA/9V batteries (if you need them)
-Cashews/mixed nuts/pine nuts(!)
-Dishwasher pods (I find their detergent isnt very good and stick to Tide Advanced Platinum that they sell instead)
-Pallet of eggs (either pasture-raised-organic or the regular kind)
-Rotisserie chicken (hot)
-Butter
-Vodka (iirc just relabeled grey goose?)
-sparkling water
-tomato sauce + tomato paste
-salt, pepper, and some other dried herbs
-Vanilla extract
-Almond Poppy Seed + Blueberry Muffins (i can;'t buy these anymore because they';re like 650 calories a pop and I can eat two a day which is like almost your entire daily calories right there)
-Croissants (same as above, realkly good but i also cant buy these anymore because I can eat too many)

Kirkland Pesto used to be REALLY good back in the early 2000s but they've increasingly reformulated and reduced size to cut costs, at least twice since then, and it isn't nearly as good these days. It's not bad, even sometimes worth picking up, but honestly I find it just disappointing how downhill its gotten. I would consider it more an green-colored oily-cheesy slop sauce with a hint of basil these days, and I don't even think it includes pine nuts anymore, so I would recommend just picking up the bag of kirkland pine nuts + parm block + basil and making your own.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Aug 30, 2020

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

By lucky chance, the Kirkland olive oil, pine nuts, and basil are all good quality...

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I talked to the deli manager at my Costco today and he told me that they're going to start making the chicken noodle soup and chicken pot pies tomorrow. I've been waiting months for this moment and I'm so glad it's finally here.

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

At church today simply for the experience (I live a short bike ride away) and to grab cheap hummus and lettuces. There were 2 police officers posted on the other side of the cashiers, beside the food court. Is that standard practice now?

Also, the faraway stares of the people staffing the sample tables were bleak and I felt bad for them.

PBUC, and respect to the memory of its ancient sibling Price Club!

Kalsco
Jul 26, 2012

Not Kirkland brand but I've managed to save myself more than the cost of membership by purchasing my better than bouillon from Costco, because for whatever reason they have 454g jars for $9CAD when it's regularly priced at $9CAD for 100g anywhere else. May or may not be available where you're at, though.

Otherwise, I can attest to most everything else that one person said (sans the alcohol and dairy which isn't available here/controlled by dairy cartels anyway). The parchment paper is a stupid value. I bake one to three times a week and for some reason they have the really good stuff with a kirkland signature brand slapped onto it for some dumbass discount and like sure OK.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
Wait they’re doing samples? During a loving pandemic? Customers yanking their loving masks down for half a potsticker all day in their faces... gently caress me my opinion of Costco just plummeted.

FORUMS USER 1135
Jan 14, 2004

Xaris posted:

-Parchment Paper / tin foil sheets / cling wrap
I foolishly bought two large rolls of cling wrap in 2012 or 2013 as a single man. I am still using the first one. The large roll of tin foil I bought at the same time only ran out this year.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

CaptainCrunch posted:

Wait they’re doing samples? During a loving pandemic? Customers yanking their loving masks down for half a potsticker all day in their faces... gently caress me my opinion of Costco just plummeted.

You have to take them out of the store to eat them

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

Fallom posted:

You have to take them out of the store to eat them

Well that makes me feel a little better.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Rodney The Yam II posted:

At church today simply for the experience (I live a short bike ride away) and to grab cheap hummus and lettuces. There were 2 police officers posted on the other side of the cashiers, beside the food court. Is that standard practice now?

I’m guessing this is a mask enforcement thing, too many Karens with their photocopied fake “I can’t wear a mask” hall pass. I haven’t seen it around here but I’m not surprised.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

FORUMS USER 1135 posted:

I foolishly bought two large rolls of cling wrap in 2012 or 2013 as a single man. I am still using the first one. The large roll of tin foil I bought at the same time only ran out this year.

We were about four years into our cling wrap when I dropped the box and the little plastic cling film slicer attachment came out. Had no idea it was even in there, despite clear indications all over the box. I use it all the time now!

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I bought a $99 Costco Burr Grinder and it has completely changed my coffee experience for the better. I have also bought coffee beans from Costco and they are good.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

CaptainCrunch posted:

Counter point. You aren't allowed to eat them on the store and they're providing a good income for a lot of people who need supplementary income right now.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Kalsco posted:

Not Kirkland brand but I've managed to save myself more than the cost of membership by purchasing my better than bouillon from Costco, because for whatever reason they have 454g jars for $9CAD when it's regularly priced at $9CAD for 100g anywhere else. May or may not be available where you're at, though.

Otherwise, I can attest to most everything else that one person said (sans the alcohol and dairy which isn't available here/controlled by dairy cartels anyway). The parchment paper is a stupid value. I bake one to three times a week and for some reason they have the really good stuff with a kirkland signature brand slapped onto it for some dumbass discount and like sure OK.

Yeah there's a whole lot of non-Kirkland stuff that is great and I could have listed, but Better Than Bouillon is definitely amazing and everyone should have some. The No-chicken chicken broth is excellent for vegetarians/vegans. It works and tastes aa hell of a lot better than those past dried bouillon cubes which are not very good.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

30 boxes of these salted egg yolk cookies (I think they're 10 bucks at costco)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TLQK4B1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_btf_t1_AhYsFbB1B2EMR

These are stupid delicilous.

Went to the local 'co today and there's loving christmas trees out already :catstare:

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

Gaius Marius posted:

Counter point. You aren't allowed to eat them on the store and they're providing a good income for a lot of people who need supplementary income right now.

My main concern is them forcing “minimum wage” folks to be forcibly exposed to the worst of the no maskers.

If the workers are protected then I’m glad folks who need the income are getting the income.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Everybody in my store wears a mask. It’s required.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

CaptainCrunch posted:

My main concern is them forcing “minimum wage” folks to be forcibly exposed to the worst of the no maskers.

If the workers are protected then I’m glad folks who need the income are getting the income.

They are not minimum wage nor are they unprotected. Costco has put a gently caress load of money and effort into protecting it's employees and contractors.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The samples people in my Costco also have shields with little slots to push the food through

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Very protected. Ever seen stairs in a Costco? Hell no.