Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
poo poo cheese toasted sandwiches are the best. By poo poo cheese I mean the individually wrapped plastic ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

for all the food science advances of the last few years, real cheese is an unassailable bastion of flavour that vegan alternatives cannot match. the person who cracks this conundrum will become insanely rich

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i dunno about that. the only thing they'd get is dominance over the vegan cheese market, which is a bit like being the largest military power in norfolk

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

i dunno about that. the only thing they'd get is dominance over the vegan cheese market, which is a bit like being the largest military power in norfolk

This has more entrants than you’d imagine.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

the global vegan cheese market is like $2 billion this year

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

so probably less in value than norfolks combined air force assets, try again veganailures

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I got myself a noice 55" TV with Ambilights earlier this year, very please and not too expensive. In the last couple of weeks the aerial freeview signal has gone though, so we haven't been watching any live TV... so now I'm thinking what's the point to keeping a TV license? I was wondering why BBC crap like Dracula was appearing on Netflix, but I guess this at least gives people the non-license payers a chance to watch such golden telly.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
i actually think of all counties Norfolk would have quite a few modern day armed yeomen and probably they get together in pubs to get angry together. that's a military power of sorts imo

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the global cheese market, known as Big Cheese, is about 69 billion dollars (nice)

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I'm surprised there wasn't more pushback against the TV license when Sky really got going. You have to pay for the installation and upkeep of a separate broadcast system, plus every channel is ad supported, but you still need to pay the BBC in full before you're allowed to watch them? Even more so once Freeview came in, and suddenly everyone had access to a couple of hundred other channels, also ad supported. And there isn't any concession to low income households other than the elderly or visually impaired, so it seems like a really crap model all round.

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
There's been protest groups and petitions and whatnot all the way along its just that every time there were tides of people going "oh but we need the BBC, because it's the only channel that's guaranteed to be impartial" and well, look how that turned out.

Cyril Sneeer
Apr 4, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

crispix posted:

i actually think of all counties Norfolk would have quite a few modern day armed yeomen and probably they get together in pubs to get angry together. that's a military power of sorts imo

hmm, yeomans could be scary yes, but I find it hard to be scared of people with regional accents. Like I know i have a 'reginal' accent myself (estury english) but lol if some bum-gently caress from norflk or suffolk tries to intimidate me with words. I would probably just find it quite funny.

Likr you crispix, you are from norn ireland right. Any times i read your posts, I imagine that you have had to inhale helium b4 posting them, to detract credibility from what-ever you say/type.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOUeauLWEaE

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Isomermaid posted:

There's been protest groups and petitions and whatnot all the way along its just that every time there were tides of people going "oh but we need the BBC, because it's the only channel that's guaranteed to be impartial" and well, look how that turned out.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
I'm taking the Benedict to strange new places.

A waffley versatile Potato Waffle
Corned Beef
Lettuce
Hollandaise sauce
Black pudding
Poached egg

imo a stacked, hot thing with a carbohydrate base, hollandaise sauce and poached egg on top, is a benedict

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

I was going to say yeah but thats wetherspoons... but no that is the BBC lol jesus

DaWolfey posted:

I'm taking the Benedict to strange new places.

not when its already been to cumberbatch youre not

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

I have fixed the ramp by replacing a hinge on el wifos horse trailer and now I feel very manly. I have told her she now owes me lots of sex which she ignored.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

Bacon and brie toasties take some beating imo

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Dysgenesis posted:

I have fixed the ramp by replacing a hinge on el wifos horse trailer and now I feel very manly. I have told her she now owes me lots of sex which she ignored.

tell her to get down off of her high horse and pony up

Cyril Sneeer
Apr 4, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dysgenesis posted:

It is slightly strange how doing something considered 'manly' make you feel like more of an adult man. I remember fixing something on my car once, something that a dealership or service place would have charged me £££ for, but I did the fix on the cheap and it worked.

I swear that my biceps got like 20% larger after I realised the fix worked.

Hay, look at me ladies, i fixed this car and everthing!!! lol

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!
You'll all be sorry when we establish the independent anarchist republic of Norwich and withdraw our entire production of peas and cabbages from the UK economy.

Cyril Sneeer
Apr 4, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is it true that Norfolk is the only county in the UK that doesn't have any kind of Motorway.

I am on the internet rn, I could probably look this up but I cant be arsed.

Even Cornwall has a motorway ffs.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Cyril Sneeer posted:

Is it true that Norfolk is the only county in the UK that doesn't have any kind of Motorway.

I am on the internet rn, I could probably look this up but I cant be arsed.

Even Cornwall has a motorway ffs.

Cornwall has A-road dual carriageways, not motorways

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

the M5 ends at exeter I think? Then theres no more motorway

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I don't think Northumberland has any motorways. Even the A1's only a dual carriageway for about four brief sections.

Cyril Sneeer
Apr 4, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ratjaculation posted:

Cornwall has A-road dual carriageways, not motorways

Sorry yeah, I just checked on google maps. gently caress THE SINGLE LANE IN EACH-DIRECTION A303.

back in 2001 I had a job working down in bideford, so I remember driving atleast that far into the west-country. The A303 was a torment. At the time I was driving a lovely slow car, so If I got stuck behind something on a single-carrageway road I would have to sit behind it for mile after mile after mile. I'm sure there is a motorway that goes in that direction though. I am trying to remember the drive from maidstone to bideford and it was mostly motorway.

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

If it snows enough cornwall literally gets cut off, I know this because it happened to me in 2006

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
Seems like I missed the Fall 2020 enrollment for Imperial Msc. but lol it's 32k (16k a year for part time). For some reason I remember tuitions being half of that even for Internationals. Welp, gotta wait until I have my permanent residence in 3 years.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

looking forward to a 6 hour round trip tomorrow. and thats in normal traffic.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Cyril Sneeer posted:

Sorry yeah, I just checked on google maps. gently caress THE SINGLE LANE IN EACH-DIRECTION A303.

back in 2001 I had a job working down in bideford, so I remember driving atleast that far into the west-country. The A303 was a torment. At the time I was driving a lovely slow car, so If I got stuck behind something on a single-carrageway road I would have to sit behind it for mile after mile after mile. I'm sure there is a motorway that goes in that direction though. I am trying to remember the drive from maidstone to bideford and it was mostly motorway.

you'd have to leave the M5 at junction 27 and go along the A361 for like an hour to get to bideford. I lived down that way for 20 years

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Cyril Sneeer posted:

Ahh yes, the famous Blackdown Hills. I just drove along there, in fact. You should try living down here, great part of the country but getting out of here in the summer to go...anywhere, is an absolute nightmare.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Cyril Sneeer posted:

It is slightly strange how doing something considered 'manly' make you feel like more of an adult man. I remember fixing something on my car once, something that a dealership or service place would have charged me £££ for, but I did the fix on the cheap and it worked.

I swear that my biceps got like 20% larger after I realised the fix worked.

Hay, look at me ladies, i fixed this car and everthing!!! lol

Theres no doubt achieving something useful is satisfying. The most satisfying feeling always seems to involve chainsaws (and maybe patios).

NotJustANumber99 posted:

tell her to get down off of her high horse and pony up

I did and she laughed, not sure whether that is good or bad.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Doublepost

My brother used to live in Norwich and the A47 seemed to go on forever. I was certain I was going to get abducted by aliens whilst driving.

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

there is an "n-dubz" graffito on the footpath near my house. i was not aware they are still a thing that young people are interested in.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Dysgenesis posted:

Doublepost

My brother used to live in Norwich and the A47 seemed to go on forever. I was certain I was going to get abducted by aliens whilst driving.

Please refrain from double posting itt

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

they probably did it themselves to stay relevant

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

It's bad

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

FFS 99

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

lol oops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

oh no computer posted:

there is an "n-dubz" graffito on the footpath near my house. i was not aware they are still a thing that young people are interested in.

I very much enjoy the word 'graffito'.