Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hal Incandenza posted:

It’s like the numbers are narrowing and I have to look back at who’s alive and who seems suspicious based on the current situation and not only look at people who I already spoke about

hmmmm ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

hambeet posted:

hmmmm ok

Indeed

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

don't confuse that with me agreeing with you. i just don't really have anything more to add.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

so go back to your paper

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Finished the paper, off to play conkers

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
thanks for the cases hal I wish I was scum so I could have nk'd you this game

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Asphyxious posted:

Thinkin Beet for SK

Yeah but what about this game?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

im okay with voting hal end of day tbh.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Toalpaz posted:

im okay with voting hal end of day tbh.

If not enough people want to do Hawke I'm fine with Hal as an alternative

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Well I’m that case I certainly prefer hawke, but I do think beet has been happy to mostly quietly go along with what’s popular, has little interaction with bif (and bif had some weird posts about beet as well) and still had a scummy vote on e+ no matter how he wants to push it aside to omgus me

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Hal Incandenza posted:

Well I’m that case I certainly prefer hawke, but I do think beet has been happy to mostly quietly go along with what’s popular, has little interaction with bif (and bif had some weird posts about beet as well) and still had a scummy vote on e+ no matter how he wants to push it aside to omgus me

You didn't vote 3 days in a row :ironicat:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Toalpaz posted:

You didn't vote 3 days in a row :ironicat:

That isn’t the same thing as going along with the popular read of the moment so I don’t really see how that’s relevant or invalidates my point. Also, again, two of those days ended pretty early so it’s not like I was voting no one at deadline.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
I’ve done some more re-reading or Rarity, I think her d1 and d3 votes of SNG and Bif look better but she still is my strongest scumread at this stage.

Couple of things I’ve mentioned before
- Bif called her game super effort townie which looks strange because most of it early wasn’t casing people it was asking other people about their opinions.
- Rarity omitted that picking up on this is the thing which made me suss on Bif, then when I referred to it she handwaved it away because I didn’t use the word “scummy” about Bif which is weird and also a very unfair reading to me.

Some other things I noticed were
  • the rolefishing content game that got DGK and Scientastic to claim VT (and Toal, interestingly)

• scummy response to something Toal pointed out D3 where they picked up Rarity voted SNG on D1 but not D2:

Rarity posted:

So you're saying as scum I was happy to risk SNG getting lynched D1 when there was a much better chance of him surviving and I wasn't D2 when it was pretty clear he was toast?

This isn’t how D2 went down; SNG and Gaspy were tied very close to deadline (gaspy could have been ahead even) before I swung the vote back to SNG and Amnistar followed.

It feels like misrepresentation of votes and cases from a scum perspective (as opposed to say Toal). I note the tracker result, I don’t give it as much weight after the discussion in thread about withholding kills, but it is there so I understand some of other people’s perspectives.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

I have some questions about this

Why do you think I “bussed” SNG instead of tiebreaking the D2 vote onto the scum right before deadline?

Why do you refer to Rarity as “Tracked-Aligned?”

Do you think scum could have voted for E+, who I didn’t vote for because I read them as town?

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Sandwolf is voting me regardless of alignment so w/e

I agree with the general gist that hal/beet/grid has an SK hiding in there but sk hunting is pointless while scum remain

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

My character is Corvus AKA forums user CROWS EVERYWHERE aka crowbutts

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

cool got my role pm. I’m the auspol poster person

caw

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Wha? Did you just claim SK?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

Thinkin Beet for SK

also missed this earlier. gaspy totally hedging his bet after bif flipped scum.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Sandwolf posted:

Wha? Did you just claim SK?

If by posting “one of these other three posters probably is the sk but we should scumhunt,” then Yes

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

was crows the one i made melt down?

obviously different from other auspol posters, including myself, i have caused to melt down.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

hambeet posted:

was crows the one i made melt down?

obviously different from other auspol posters, including myself, i have caused to melt down.

I don’t remember that but I may have killed their bird

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Clearly birb got crow man because bird. Good joke tommu.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
I could be convinced to vote for Hawke. Toal's case has merit to me.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Amnistar posted:

I could be convinced to vote for Hawke. Toal's case has merit to me.

Toal's vote-analysis post being the case? Which part resonates with you? I fail to see how birb's voting history is very different from, like, almost everyone left alive.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Rarity, your case on hawke yesterday was decent and you seemed invested in it, why did you move onto E+ and give it up so quickly?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
##unvote

I 100% need to have mine in before I go to be else I will miss it through sleep... again.

Hal raises a reasonable point. Most people left HAVE voted in a similar way up till now.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Hal Incandenza posted:

Toal's vote-analysis post being the case? Which part resonates with you? I fail to see how birb's voting history is very different from, like, almost everyone left alive.

Eh, sorta. Hawke, Birb, Beet, yourself and Grid are where I am almost positive the last non-town are based on who I think is *town* because of their actions so far in this game. Of those, Grid feels like a newbie in over their head. So I'd be willing vote any of the 4 left, with my order of preference being Hal->Hawke->Birb/Beet.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hawke and birb are the same person FYI Amni

(I am guessing you mean Gaspy/Asphyxious when you say birb)

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hawke and birb are the same person FYI Amni

(I am guessing you mean Gaspy/Asphyxious when you say birb)

...god damnit. I thought Hawke was AA and was really confused as to where birb was.. and I'm dumb.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

gsapy is on my list of probably town right now.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
No I got nothin' new

##vote birb

I hope the SK shoots me tonight.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Yah I am arguing virus voting is different. Birb voted dkg in a key moment to pull momentum off of sng.

Birb tried to unvote bit to give her a chance.

Birb provides almost no motivations for his voting at the time, all together though they seem to be supporting scum buds.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

Yah I am arguing virus voting is different. Birb voted dkg in a key moment to pull momentum off of sng.

Birb tried to unvote bit to give her a chance.

Birb provides almost no motivations for his voting at the time, all together though they seem to be supporting scum buds.

Virus to birbs, phone auto correct.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Okay, I'm game.

##vote hawke

Let's see that flip.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

:redhammer:

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
Hetly! Just to note flip was while I was asleep and I won't be able to get to computer for a couple hours because dog.

I'll flip properly l8r but birdstrike was vanilla town

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Birdstrike (Corvus Corax) vanilla town was mauled to death by his own canid day 5.

"" posted:

Corvus Corax

Corvus Corax was the Primarch of the Raven Guard Space Marine Legion. Growing up to become a revolutionary for the workers of Lycaeus, Corax became a master of guerrilla warfare and hit-and-run tactics. He remained true to the Emperor during the Horus Heresy, and as such his Legion took some of the heaviest losses of the war during the Drop Site Massacre.

You are a Vanilla Town.

You have no active abilities.

You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

SHALASHASKA HAWKE (5): Rarity, Sandwolf, Toalpaz, Gridlocked, Gridlocked, Gridlocked, Amnistar
hambeet (1): Hal Incandenza
Hal Incandenza (1): Amnistar, hambeet, Amnistar

Not Voting (2): Asphyxious, SHALASHASKA HAWKE

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 31st, 2020 at 10 a.m. AEST -- that's in about 1 hour, 55 minutes.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

So i hosed up. I flipped a role that by its design shouldn't have been flipped at that point because i wasn't paying attention. This has given info that should not have been seen (and its been seen) and i can't put the cat back in the bag. I don't think its fair on anyone to mod kill the one person whos explicitly told me they've seen it so i'm ending the game here. I'm sorry for this.