Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
yeah at the uninstall wizard

:c00lbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

President Beep posted:

that's my d&d character class

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

President Beep posted:

Rogue Legacy 2 is in early access and harder than poo poo compared to the first game but you can be a mage or a wizard in this one.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

are there any fun games yet or all they all still just rng ~procedurally generated~ lists of chores with a three button combat loop?

CLIMB TOWER: FETCH QUEST 16 FOUNDER'S EDITION 2020 SEASON 12

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

yes I just played diablo 3 and got bored after 20 minutes

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

are there any fun games yet or all they all still just rng ~procedurally generated~ lists of chores with a three button combat loop?

CLIMB TOWER: FETCH QUEST 16 FOUNDER'S EDITION 2020 SEASON 12

can't go wrong with subnautica

also flight simulator is out and it's somewhat broken (less so than any other flight simulator on release) but man those clouds are gorgeous

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

already played subnautica :rip:

haven't gotten too far into sekiro but I kind of want to play it on the ps5

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Flight simulator is extremely good so +1 for that

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Sagebrush posted:

man those clouds are gorgeous
ok we get it you vape

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

so i just finished the new AWE dlc for control and its fun, interesting, but ends more abruptly than the base and the first expansion, foundation. theres talk that this is more meant to be a prelude to a new alan wake game, which is heavily, heavily, hinted at through a ton of new material but after foundation i was expecting more than a few hours of story gameplay

it does add several side quests and one of them is a part to a puzzle from the base game that was unsolvable until now. if you played alan wake, the whole expansion is a nice bit of nostalgia. i picked it up after finishing control in 2019 and played through part of the game, so it made the dlc more interesting, but a past experience with the game isnt required to enjoy the expansion

foundation is more meaty, but less exploratory than the base (which, maybe due to the density, was more fun to wander through), but the astral plane parts were fun. i guess taken as a whole, the two dlc make one solid extension to the game, but id have liked more and wish they just kept cranking out expansions for the other doors in the motel before looping back to the other series

since its alan wake related, theres a whole light component to the new levels. they previously had a mission in foundation that used light as a weapon, so this is a hybrid of the two with less light enemies and more hiss

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Well I killed the big dragon, credits roll, any other game would have ended there and maybe given you a NG+ button; DD keeps rolling on and has a bunch of post-credit-scene missions exploring what happens after the "story" is finished. Its unexpected and an interesting twist.

Finished the main story on Hard and am considering a switch back to normal, the monsters that have spawned in the world after the dragon died are unfun levels of spongy and hard-hitting.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Ubisoft is releasing a mobile moba called elite squad where you fight blm protestors or something. if you don’t get the reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elite_Squad

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

https://timsthebomb.com
Post Void is the best $3 I've spent in years

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

TimWinter posted:

Post Void is the best $3 I've spent in years
my post void cost $10 :(

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I wish I could void your posts

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I wish I could void your posts
thats how all my posts are produced actually

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

DD:DA - lmao I rolled in to a big chamber with my adventure party and spawned the online Ur-Dragon - a thing than has several billion HP and the whole of the online multiplayer collaborates in whacking at it in separate ten minute battles until it dies - the final hit player is crowned king poo poo and the dragon goes into a 'grace' period of about an hour where it respawns with almost no health so other players can try to kill it in 10 minutes for a big set of rewards.

I didn't know any of this, just though oh boy a big zombie dragon in this postgame arena, I'm boned and then about two minutes pass and its dead and I have armfuls of endgame armour and weapons. After reading up on it I must have hit an hours grace slot by accident after the rest of the world working on it for the last week or so. I've seen so many posts of people desperate for the 'Abyssal Armour' pieces after playing this months and months :o:

Now the ur-dragon respawns at full health and everything starts again.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

you tried out bitterblack isle?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i didnt realize Control was Remedy. Sam Lake is a good video game writer and they hire good voice actors.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

finally beat all the challenges on binding of isaac. game's hard

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I'm so burned out on modern games that when I was watching a youtube of some Canadan guy playing Dungeon on a Commodore Pet I caught myself thinking "wow that looks like it would be fun to play".

Weedle
May 31, 2006

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I'm so burned out on modern games that when I was watching a youtube of some Canadan guy playing Dungeon on a Commodore Pet I caught myself thinking "wow that looks like it would be fun to play".

do you read the crpg addict blog

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Weedle posted:

do you read the crpg addict blog

I'm 42 I don't read blogs.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

i like that there are still people making throwback games like such as and spiderweb software. wadjet eye has put out a lot of good point and click adventures in modern times too

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i am so bad at slay the spire but i like it anyway

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Uptime Sinclair posted:

i like that there are still people making throwback games like such as and spiderweb software. wadjet eye has put out a lot of good point and click adventures in modern times too

I tell you what right now pointing and clicking sounds too involved.

Back to Dice Wars. I finally looked up the rules so I'm winning pretty consistently.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I'm 42 I don't read blogs.

me neither but this one’s pretty good. his mission is to find and play as many computer rpgs as possible, in roughly chronological order. obviously he will never be finished but he’s been very diligent about it for years now so his site has become a fairly comprehensive library of reviews of pc rpgs from 1992 and before. here’s his post on dungeon for the pet

http://crpgaddict.blogspot.com/2013/02/game-85-dungeon-1979.html

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Back to Dice Wars. I finally looked up the rules so I'm winning pretty consistently.
i used to follow the ios games thread in games until they went on for like 10 pages straight about that game lol. i guess it’s good if you like that sort of thing

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

3D Megadoodoo posted:

pretty sure I follow the same channel

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Uptime Sinclair posted:

i used to follow the ios games thread in games until they went on for like 10 pages straight about that game lol. i guess it’s good if you like that sort of thing

I tried it on a phone once and it was So Slow.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
The iOS Alto games are really relaxing and mindless. Recommended if you have an iPad.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Jenny Agutter posted:

you tried out bitterblack isle?

I've dabbled a bit, done a few of the rooms and purified a few bits of cursed loot, killed the big floating eyeball fellow, but the passages that unlock after that I think I'm going to have to take more seriously, I ran into some corrupted pawns and a ten foot brute with a big hammer and things did not go well. I have a bunch of Dragonforged stuff after my lucky Ur-Dragon run so I might head back and see what rare items I need to forge them to max level.

The post-dragon Everfall is fun for being a 'boss rush' of sorts, though the Chamber of Fate throwing a Chimera, a tougher Gorechimera (who can heal given a breathing space) and Lich who summons up to four Hellhounds was a sweary moment. All the other 'small' monsters are not so bad but the Hellhound fireball is still an absolute crippler even at my level. Second attempt, flying Lich got 15 blast arrows in he head as soon as he appeared, gently caress you.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTMjucCj590

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

tk posted:

The iOS Alto games are really relaxing and mindless. Recommended if you have an iPad.
my fave chill ios game is Osmos which still works today, nearly 10 years after i first bought it

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Osmos is very nice.

I keep coming back to Granny Smith, a cute little two-button platformer

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Sagebrush posted:

I keep coming back to Granny Smith

this harold and maude remake sounds terrible

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

huh, I didn't see that Steam has started working on an implementation of FlickStick for gyro-enabled controllers*, looks like it's still not quite as good as the original implementation in JoyShockMapper, but I hope they keep working on it.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/steam-implements-gyrobased-flick-stick-controls/1100-6479866/

Original: http://gyrowiki.jibbsmart.com/main:home

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzbZq4OjEwE

* Microsoft has missed a step here not putting a gyro in their new console controllers as far as I can tell, this control method really does narrow the gap between joypad and m&kb for shooters and other twitchy games.

NoneMoreNegative fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Aug 31, 2020

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

i'd make sure everyone in the server know i just got em with joycons

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://twitter.com/JSJisDuke/status/1299157579084357632?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i've been playing spiritfarers on xbox (it's also on pc) thanks to gamepass. it's a fun little game where you're playing charon's replacement, transporting spirits around a big ocean. you have to manage your boat by growing food and making materials and stuff. it's really chill, but fun and the art style is very nice. definitely worth the $0 it cost me.