Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

CobiWann posted:

So WWE's been pushing the Network and eschewing traditional PPV for years, and now they expect the same people they told to subscribe the Network because "traditional PPV is for idiots" to buy a traditional PPV a week after the last PPV so they won't buy the competition's PPV next week. Is that right?

Is payback not on the network?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JUNGLE BOY posted:

It is yes. I don't understand the logic of the OP

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
The last time they tried something like this was having This Tuesday in Texas five days after Survivor Series and people were pissed.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

The last time they tried something like this was having This Tuesday in Texas five days after Survivor Series and people were pissed.

I think they ran Armageddon 2006 a week after December to Dismember

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Red posted:

https://twitter.com/bradcandoit/status/1299784436737806337

Excuse me, but what the gently caress? I never heard about that.

After reading a summary of the incident and Vince's reaction, Jesus loving Christ, this company.
In 2016, when Ashley Massaro joined Konstantine Kyro's attempted catch-all concussions/independent contractor misclassification lawsuit, she alleged, without much detail, that WWE had covered up her rape on a military base by military personnel. Because Kyros isn't necessarily the best as adhering to pleading standards, the judge demanded that he got a sworn affidavit from each and every plaintiff attesting to everything that person alleged in the complaint. They were delivered to the judge and not put on the public docket, so we didn't see them at the time, but after Ashley's suicide, Kyros decided to post her affidavit (CW/TW: It's worse than you can possibly imagine): https://wweconcussionlawsuitnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Ashley-Massaro-Affidavit-Clean-11.1.pdf

Aside from the rape and her misremembering Gary Davis's name as Gary Hart, basically everything else she said by one of Jimmy Hart's contemporaneous blogs about the Kuwait trip for WWE.com: https://www.wwe.com/inside/news/archive/straightfromthehart4

WWE would deny this, with Jerry McDevitt adding to Dave Meltzer that everyone on the trip said there was no such an incident...except for Maria Kanellis, who said she wasn't sure/couldn't remember. WWE's statement, more specifically, said that "At no time was Vince McMahon or the management of WWE ever informed by Ashley Massaro or anybody else that she had been sexually assaulted, drugged, raped or sodomized by a military doctor with a nurse standing guard while on a goodwill tour in 2007 to U.S. military bases in Kuwait." However, in fighting the lawsuit, they did say that “As best WWE can determine, Massaro became ill while there, was treated by a military doctor, and was later heard telling others that she believed that the doctor had done an inappropriate pelvic exam.” Those things sounds at least partially contradictory. WWE also released copypasta of alleged excerpts from an email Ashley had sent WWE expressing regret over her involvement in the lawsuit, but as unauthenticated, out of context copypasta about a lawsuit she hadn't withdrawn from, you couldn't really take it at face value.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It is yes. I don't understand the logic of the OP

You're correct - I was thinking of it in terms of "would people pay for a third PPV" vs "would people watch a third PPV?" In the immortal words of Cavauro, ignore that post.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Dangerous Person posted:

Echoing the posts saying that Eat My Fuc is good people

Hey EMF. Don’t know if it helps but you aren’t alone. 2020 has brought about dark times for lots of people. Sounds trite but remember that quote from the Crow “it can’t rain all the time”. I made a Gen X reference just FOR YOU! Also there is good wrassling all over... not everything is a Vince McMahon death march. Also go look at the gbs blessed pics thread as hard to be sad with pics of fat stripey cats and goofy puppers.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

It is. It's also on traditional PPV, as they've been since the Network started, whether the company makes you aware of that or not

In recent years they went away from having events so close together. :siren: But Then :siren: Last month they decided to have Payback happen a week after Summerslam

One guess why. Give up? Okay:

MassRafTer posted:

When Meltzer proposed the two potential reasons for Payback existing are they wanted to rush Roman Reigns into the main event or they wanted to sabotage All Out by flooding the market with big PPV shows I thought "eh, seems a little far fetched and stupid even for them."

But it's probably true.

Jerusalem posted:

Apparently the sole reason for this PPV being today is to try and saturate the audience so they don't order ALL OUT next week :laugh:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

So are they gonna have no PPVs next month 🤔

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Yo EMF if you love Daniel Bryan then you are gonna lose your drat mind for Bryan Danielson the motherfuckin American Dragon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYgotSPTzKM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fX9Mvmtimtg

In WWE Bryan reached the ceiling of making sports entertainment, on the indies he made art.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

So are they gonna have no PPVs next month 🤔

Clash of Champions at the end of September

Two Takeovers (one regular and one UK) and an unknown main roster PPV in October

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lol I have tickets to that UK takeover, there's no loving way it's going ahead

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

7 wrestling in one week? Sorry All Out, my limit is 6.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Yo EMF if you love Daniel Bryan then you are gonna lose your drat mind for Bryan Danielson the motherfuckin American Dragon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYgotSPTzKM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fX9Mvmtimtg

In WWE Bryan reached the ceiling of making sports entertainment, on the indies he made art.

I haven’t seen these but I love his matches with Morishima i’ma watch these tonight.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Pylons posted:

I mean whether he gets cheered or not he won't get cheered inside the THUNDERDOME because they will kick you out if you don't give him a thumbs down.

lmao vince, finally, loving fiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnallllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyy, got fans to cheer roman and he's going to slap it away like an insolent child

glorious

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Be strong, EMF. poo poo's tough but its worth fighting.

Pylons posted:

I'm assuming it's more of an attention span thing? Like the idea is they won't want to watch a PPV three weeks in a row.

Yeah, I assume the basic strategy is people who have the Network will watch it and burn out on wrestling so they won't want to pay for more.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Trying to oversaturate things to dog the competition doesn't work when your ratings are at all time lows, you've spent years calling people morons for buying PPVs, and literally no one gives a poo poo about your product.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

What the hell is this picture of Roman?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Fan reaction to doing another PPV after a week?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Roman's gonna have the same theme and gear, isn't he?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Pylons posted:

He looks like he just learned that there's another PPV this month

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

Will turning Roman heel get him cheered? It seems like the reddit goofs have been begging for it for 5 years but if it does what then do they treat it like Becky or treat it lIke Roman where they pretend the reaction isn’t happening?

Am I remembering wrong or was there a period (before he left for his cancer treatment) that they just had him come out, not cut promos, and beat the poo poo out of people. If you do that people will probably cheer him. If you keep having Vince write his promos then no one will cheer him because he won't be compelling.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Does Bayley have a last name in wwe canon?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It seems to just be a shot of him from the Summerslam return.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

oldpainless posted:

She never had one but a fun fact, Sasha's first name is Mercedes and Bayley's last name is Martinez their resulting fusion dance is Mercedes Martinez

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Bayley's name is Bay Ley. It's right there on her top.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Aphrodite posted:

Bayley's name is Bay Ley. It's right there on her top.

So Adam Cole is just a big fan of women's wrestling?

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

RealFoxy posted:

She never had one but a fun fact, Sasha's first name is Mercedes and Bayley's last name is Martinez their resulting fusion dance is Mercedes Martinez

If there's ever a great wrestling game again fusion needs to be a big part of it.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Pylons posted:

Braun looks like he was face swapped with someone wearing eye makeup. These are some bad photos.

Edit: Braun looks more makeup-y in a thumbnail than the full size one but either way he looks like a goober.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.

RealFoxy posted:

You might say... he's their biggest fan.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

oldpainless posted:

Dos Straps

RealFoxy posted:

lol I would love to see that happen

RealFoxy posted:

I've always said Cole should team with Bayley so it turns into: Adam Cole, Bayley!

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Sanguinia posted:

We love you EMF and you're valuable. You deserve happiness in your life. Wrestling is good, don't feel bad for loving it, just resolve to do everything you can to make it better. :)

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Flight Bisque posted:

Is that any way to talk to about the #2 wrestler on the PWI 500?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Flight Bisque posted:

Oh no no no no no no

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005
See, I didn't know that...ducks eat for free at Subway.

Flight Bisque posted:

Ohhh nononono

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

oldpainless posted:

To-Belly

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Cavauro posted:

just kidding about the first part.

This was kind of a dick move, Cavauro, please don't be a dick.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Flight Bisque posted:

Hang on just a goddamn second.... :aaa:

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

You guys have helped me out a lot when I've been low. Y'all are great.

This year is doing its best to break me, but I'm trying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Codependent Poster posted:

I've always said Cole should team with Bayley so it turns into: Adam Cole, Bayley!

Bring back mixed match challenge you cowards.

Adam Cole BAYLEY, sign Statlander and team her with Karrion to make Kris-Kross (and then release her so she can go back somewhere better), re-sign Spears and team him with Dakota to make Kai 'n' Ty (and then don't release him because he sucks), Aleister Blackheart...

Put it on some weirdo streaming platform nobody watches, like the WWE network.