Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Dramatika posted:

e; comedy kenku Assassin option

Sam as Kiri.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

Nemo2342 posted:

Honestly, I'd love for them to do a Freaky Friday kind of one shot where everyone has to play as someone else's character. The voices alone would be hysterical.

I have been watching since C1 Episode 10 and it still baffles me that this never happened.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

It's also UA but I don't anyone's ever attempted Mystic, either. Possibly because it's busted and way too good, but still. :v:

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Abroham Lincoln posted:

It's also UA but I don't anyone's ever attempted Mystic, either. Possibly because it's busted and way too good, but still. :v:

I don't think anyone's played rune scribe yet, though that one is kind of a hard sell, considering your class features and spell-like abilities are pretty directly tied to your item attunement slots. It's also explicitly multiclass only, gains spell slots, but doesn't increase spells known for the base classes, so you have higher level spell slots that can only be used for the class features or up-leveling base class spells.

They've done a warlock, but there's a lot of interesting things they could do with it - Great Old One pact warlock tied to the space-city. Hell, Celestial or Noble Djinn warlocks that aren't terribly tied to evil patrons.

Or Hell, Sam could come back as a non-beastmaster ranger. 5e Ranger is kind of a bad class, but Hunter and Monster Slayer are pretty okay all things considered. Comedy option if he does something weird with it, like taking fighting style in throwing + Spear Mastery and being a spear + Shield hoplite.

Edit: Sam Reigel as Orly's cousin Urly. A Tortle fighter with unarmed fighting style who is a straight grappler. No armor, no weapon, just a turtle delivering devastating suplexes.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Sep 1, 2020

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008
This is a good spot for Sam to introduce a new character as one of the Travellercon attendees. They obviously aren’t all clerics.

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN

Narsham posted:

This is a good spot for Sam to introduce a new character as one of the Travellercon attendees. They obviously aren’t all clerics.

Inject the trickster paladin directly into my veins

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Narsham posted:

Sam Riegel also steals Warlock from Laura Bailey and goes full Fey Pact with the Traveller. They fight over who the Traveller loves more.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Narsham posted:

So, Marius, then?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
If he was going to gently caress with someone this campaign using his new character I think it'd be Travis and not Laura. So he'd make a full on Paladin with huge strength that wears full plate mail, and has some kind of ability to summon creatures that don't turn around and immediately lose control like the Balgura that Fjord summons or something.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Okay but imagine Sam bringing in one of Molly's cultists.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Just going for the classic "paladin with a dip into warlock", really just be mirror Fjord in every way shape and f(j)orm.

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug
Sam is going to retire Veth and bring Twiggy back.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Molly will return as a NPC, while Sam will play Keg.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

Sam will be Dotty 3.0, who is a full fledged warforged. He's also a fey pact warlock of the traveler.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.
Sam will play as a goblin rogue who was unwillingly transformed into a halfling.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Sam will play Vesper de Rolo, 20 year old dumbass.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

PetraCore posted:

Sam will play Vesper de Rolo, 20 year old dumbass.

If he doesn't someone needs to :argh:

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Comedy option: Taryon Darringtom again

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004
You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

TotalHell posted:

This would be perfect for one or two episodes before he switches to the character he's actually planning to play.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

TotalHell posted:

And he introduces himself by saying, "Excuse me, but has anyone seen Little Elf Girl around here?"

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Now that everyone is speculating Sam's going to pull the ultimate double-twist and have it be that Veth just wants to spend a decent chunk of downtime with her family.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
That's not really a twist, and Scanlan returned after only a dozen or so episodes in campaign one. Veth leaving even for a few episodes would still require Sam create a new character to use in the meantime, unless he's just going to go on holiday himself during the interim. Which is unlikely.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

tsob posted:

That's not really a twist, and Scanlan returned after only a dozen or so episodes in campaign one. Veth leaving even for a few episodes would still require Sam create a new character to use in the meantime, unless he's just going to go on holiday himself during the interim. Which is unlikely.
Sorry, clarification - I meant post Travelercon downtime of like a week or so in-game, and the joke is that wouldn't be a twist.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Sam should make a rich, happy, Zemnian wizard who's not particularly creative or hungry for new spells. Just confident and likable, but dull and a bit rulesy.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

OB_Juan posted:

Sam should make a rich, happy, Zemnian wizard who's not particularly creative or hungry for new spells. Just confident and likable, but dull and a bit rulesy.
An unexceptional graduate from the Soltryce Academy. Never stood out to his teachers, but plugged away at the hard work!

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

PetraCore posted:

Sorry, clarification - I meant post Travelercon downtime of like a week or so in-game, and the joke is that wouldn't be a twist.

I suppose it would be an unforeseen result, but honestly, it'd be a pretty disappointing one just because Sam has been building Veth up as being torn by the constant separation from her family and feeling some agony over the decision of whether to return to them or not, so having it just be "oh, I took a few days with them between episodes and I'm good to go" would be pretty poo poo as a resolution. It'd feel like it was a decision made purely as a twist, rather than something that fit the actual character as he was building it. If it was a thing where they took a one year break or a similarly long in-universe stint between episodes like was done late in Campaign 1, then yeah, I can see her as being happy to set out on an adventure for another while with the Might Nein after an extended stay with her family, but otherwise it just seems like something that would be done purely for shock value. Value it'd lose almost immediately anyway.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

PetraCore posted:

An unexceptional graduate from the Soltryce Academy. Never stood out to his teachers, but plugged away at the hard work!

Respected by peers and family alike!

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Sam should play Vex as she should still be alive and thus he would get to give a touching speech on the now surely long dead Trinket.

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
Sam is going to retire Veth and then Artagon will stop by to visit Jester, except now Sam is doing his lines

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

Seriously though, I think Veth just needs a reason to stay. Right now, all major plots are seemingly resolved besides Travelercon. There's no good excuse to stay away from her family now, and that makes her feel guilty. BUT, I wonder if Matt drops the next big thing, like say The Chained Oblivion is up to no good again or something, I'm sure Veth would be equally conflicted about sitting at home while her friends risk their lives to save the world.

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN

Mylan posted:

Seriously though, I think Veth just needs a reason to stay. Right now, all major plots are seemingly resolved besides Travelercon. There's no good excuse to stay away from her family now, and that makes her feel guilty. BUT, I wonder if Matt drops the next big thing, like say The Chained Oblivion is up to no good again or something, I'm sure Veth would be equally conflicted about sitting at home while her friends risk their lives to save the world.

Sam's new character is the chained oblivion

e; Shitposted before I even thought about it. I don't think Chained Oblivion is done yet - they got what, one shotcaller in his cult?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
It will be just like the last time all plotlines were resolved

The Chroma Conclave will randomly attack and kill Pumat Sol

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Now that I think about it, if they stopped by Molly's grave and it was empty that'd be a pretty good plot hook for the group. Didn't they leave a note on his body, lmao.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Cad casted Decompose on the body so it’d be much more alarming if there was something in there still. :v:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Molly comes back from the dead. That is like the one thing we know about him.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Dexo posted:

I can't believe I just made this connection, but is he based on the Nameless One?

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004
You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

seaborgium posted:

I can't believe I just made this connection, but is he based on the Nameless One?

I got the impression The Nameless One was a big influence on the character but I can't remember if anyone ever directly asked Taliesin.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Dexo posted:

We know he crawled out of a grave, which is not the same thing

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Cad casted Decompose on the body so it’d be much more alarming if there was something in there still. :v:
Yeah, no, I was just thinking even if Molly managed to come back from the dead with an intact and normal body the note is definitely toast, which is hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
Looks like they're doing something with Wyrmwood Gaming soon

https://twitter.com/WyrmwoodGaming/status/1301626214034083842