Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

So I guess I’m signed up. I’m downloading the game. The first time I tried to sign up it said my display name was invalid even though the checkmark popped up in the text field saying it is good. So I then tried a completely different name which gave a server error.

I then received an email to verify my account. I clicked on it which opened up to my account page. The first display name I tried to use was in the header with a random number appended to the end and the second one I tried was in the body of the web page.

I know web devs and game devs are totally different people but the quality of web devs they are using scares me on their hiring of game devs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

So I was able to play before at 10min to an hour at a time crashes but now my password doesn't work(It's right, I use a password manager), the website wont send me a password reset and logging into the website gives me a authentication error. Cool, cool.

And I actually paid for the game like a sucker.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
Alas, looks like mine wasn't one that went through. Just says they were all redeemed.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

zxqv8 posted:

Same story, looks like something they're working on. Thank you though! Hopefully it'll work :shobon:

I believe yours should be sent now!

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I believe yours should be sent now!

It sure did, thank you! Now to wait on them to make the rest of their site work :negative:

DrCaptainSir
Jan 29, 2008
Spartacus

Shadowlz posted:

So I was able to play before at 10min to an hour at a time crashes but now my password doesn't work(It's right, I use a password manager), the website wont send me a password reset and logging into the website gives me a authentication error. Cool, cool.

https://board.dualthegame.com/index.php?/lostpassword/

That's weird, idk if this is the password reset thing you used but if it isn't give it a try.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
So how is it guys?

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

I got in and got it going after a little bit of weirdness with their site and everything.

It's a bit rough around the edges but there's a whole game here of building, space engineers style in a persistent universe with a fuckload of space and an economy manipulated by players.

Seems interesting to me.

I'm playing as Splatinum, is there anywhere anyone is like, congregating and poo poo yet?

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.

zxqv8 posted:

I got in and got it going after a little bit of weirdness with their site and everything.

It's a bit rough around the edges but there's a whole game here of building, space engineers style in a persistent universe with a fuckload of space and an economy manipulated by players.

Seems interesting to me.

I'm playing as Splatinum, is there anywhere anyone is like, congregating and poo poo yet?

There is a discord link in the OP for the main goon group and their quick start guide has their location on the sanc moon. I've got a separate group that is running around doing our own thing for now.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Well, I went ahead and grabbed one of the south pole hexes on the moon cuz that seemed like a thing to do. It doesn't seem terribly hard to get around so I just chose something I could get that was easy to remember the location of.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I just had my guy standing at the Matrix hive pods and this happened. Wasn't ingame for more than 5 seconds. Quite rude.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
The servers are all making GBS threads the bed pretty hard today. It seems like every few hours their official Discord announces another server reset.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Yeah, I figure it was being first day and all having server issues. Just thought it was funny with the disconnected by an admin message. Like an admin noticed me logging in and was like "aww hell no".

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

DrCaptainSir posted:

https://board.dualthegame.com/index.php?/lostpassword/

That's weird, idk if this is the password reset thing you used but if it isn't give it a try.

I didn't use that one but it says my email doesn't exist but I think the board and the game have different accounts. Honestly I probably know what happened. So when you buy the game they don't have you make a account, they just take your money and send you an email to setup your account(Which didn't work anyway). Well they sign you into your account even though you have no password and the account doesn't really exist but I assumed I had made one during payment. So when I tried to log into the game I was getting wrong password so I reset it. After I reset it I could log into the website but not the game, this is because I never set a display name. Another guy on discord found a work around where you log into the site and change your display name from "Backer" to Shadowlz. Bam I could log into the game. So I played the game for a few hours crashing every 20 minutes and logging back in. Yesterday they fixed the registration for people who paid for the game and whatever that fix was nuked my account, probably because of my work around.

I made a support ticket so I'm sure I'll be fixed in like a week due to all the tickets coming in.

I'm cool with server issues, week 1 and all, but the system they set up for purchases is not good.

Shadowlz fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Aug 29, 2020

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

Shadowlz posted:

I made a support ticket so I'm sure I'll be fixed in like a week due to all the tickets coming in.

You can try to reach out to the support staff in discord and give them your ticket #. They have some people that just handle account stuff and might be able to get you sorted. It will be a long wait for them to catch up support tickets after this launch.

Munkeylord
Jun 21, 2012

cmdrk posted:

So how is it guys?

It's fun when the game actually works. Has a lot of potential, but right now it's just a frustration simulator.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Beta invites work now. When you send a key, it refreshes the page and shows the key as "pending"

Jackson Taus
Oct 19, 2011
Based on Suzera's advice, I upgraded the Space Trainer. It should be pretty easy now to make orbit - the previous version often needed to scoop back into atmo to pick up speed to make it over the atmo/space barrier.

dunkan
Jul 10, 2006

rage is everywhere
It's been a rocky weekend, and I for sure regret not taking advantage of the first week bot rates. Making xl assemblers and territory scanners takes forever.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

dunkan posted:

It's been a rocky weekend, and I for sure regret not taking advantage of the first week bot rates. Making xl assemblers and territory scanners takes forever.

Seriously. I showed up to the markets with about 60kL of T5 ore literally 30 minutes after the unannounced market changes. I was planning on using the money to jump start my industry and get a couple pvp ships rolled out. I did manage to get a territory scanner earlier, but I've been crafting large weapons, radar and gunner seats for the almost the entire past week or so.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Shadowlz posted:

I spoke to a Dev named NQ-Slater and he was able to fix the problem. He said It's a bug linked to a problem with our account activation and that it's nothing to do with our clients. It's entirely server-side. If your account in the game is named Shadowlz then he found your account and applied the same fix he did on mine. If its not working PM me on discord and i'll give you his info so you can reach out to him, all he needs from you is the email you registered with.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Delizin posted:

Seriously. I showed up to the markets with about 60kL of T5 ore literally 30 minutes after the unannounced market changes. I was planning on using the money to jump start my industry and get a couple pvp ships rolled out. I did manage to get a territory scanner earlier, but I've been crafting large weapons, radar and gunner seats for the almost the entire past week or so.

We did something similar the weekend before the launch and we got insta-rich.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
Fear not - there will be many more gold-rushes! There is another going on right now. Wrecks returning soon will be a good'n.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
Also, the internet was a mistake:

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
We created a new channel #widot-invites for those who need an invite to the corp in-game just type @invites and your in-game name e.i. @invites dumbgoon and we will send you a corp invite right away.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

FireWhizzle posted:

Fear not - there will be many more gold-rushes! There is another going on right now. Wrecks returning soon will be a good'n.

What is the current gold rush? I'm poor and need more space bucks.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Am I missing something with permissions?

I added my buddy as an actor, gave him all the rights, and saved the policy, but he's still not able to do anything on my land.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Am I missing something with permissions?

I added my buddy as an actor, gave him all the rights, and saved the policy, but he's still not able to do anything on my land.

Did you add the tag to the territory control unit?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

They just sent an email of a data breach. Not like a hacker data breach but when creating an account some people were then logged into totally different accounts, not their own. The devs claim users only had access to first and last names with their email addresses of the breached account but still.

Remember how I said their web devs suck? I can’t wait to see what happens next.

Edit: Here is the instructions they sent with the email for changing your password.

What you need to do
Our changes were to secure your account. However, it means you won't be able to login before changing your password via this link: https://www.dualuniverse.game/forgot-password

- Enter your email address and click on "Send Link".
- You will get an email within a minute or two.

- Click on the "Reset Password" button in this email.

- Fill in your new password and click on "Update Password".

- In rare cases, you may get an error message with an "undefined error". In this case, just ignore it and head over to your mailbox again.

- You should get an email confirming the change was successful within a minute or two.

- If not, please contact support at https://support.dualthegame.com/

Don't worry if you can't do this process right now: nobody will be able to use your password in the meantime.

jabro fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Aug 31, 2020

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Delizin posted:

Did you add the tag to the territory control unit?

That's probably it, thank you.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
So, besides the connection problems and expected jank, what's the general opinion on this?

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Pigbottom posted:

So, besides the connection problems and expected jank, what's the general opinion on this?

The people who are playing it really enjoy it. But you gotta be the kind of person who enjoys building things as that is largely what the game is about right now. You build up bases, create industrial production lines, pump out products, and build big ships with them.

We ended up claiming the territory on the exact north pole of Alioth Moon 4 and we are going to build Santa's Workshop there, complete with snow men and candy canes. If you stand there your compass spins in circles too so it is pretty funny.

We've built a platform up in space around the Sanctuary moon and we are building a massive industrial base up there. So far everybody's managed to kill themselves trying to land on it at least once as it is still within the planet's gravity.

Some of the goons are trying to script orbital taxis that automatically take you from the sea base to the space base via the in-game Lua scripting. Some people have made ships rise and fall. They just need to get them to move and land on the space base.

You just have to have an interesting idea you want to accomplish, either with scripting or playing with voxels, and the will to accomplish it. There is also PvP, but none of us are really at the point where we are making PvP ships (and that is the same with most of the player base aside from the hardcore closed alpha PvP guilds). There will definitely be more stuff to do in the future, though, but right now it's like old-school Minecraft before the survival mode was added. Sorta.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Nalin posted:

The people who are playing it really enjoy it. But you gotta be the kind of person who enjoys building things as that is largely what the game is about right now. You build up bases, create industrial production lines, pump out products, and build big ships with them.

We ended up claiming the territory on the exact north pole of Alioth Moon 4 and we are going to build Santa's Workshop there, complete with snow men and candy canes. If you stand there your compass spins in circles too so it is pretty funny.

We've built a platform up in space around the Sanctuary moon and we are building a massive industrial base up there. So far everybody's managed to kill themselves trying to land on it at least once as it is still within the planet's gravity.

Some of the goons are trying to script orbital taxis that automatically take you from the sea base to the space base via the in-game Lua scripting. Some people have made ships rise and fall. They just need to get them to move and land on the space base.

You just have to have an interesting idea you want to accomplish, either with scripting or playing with voxels, and the will to accomplish it. There is also PvP, but none of us are really at the point where we are making PvP ships (and that is the same with most of the player base aside from the hardcore closed alpha PvP guilds). There will definitely be more stuff to do in the future, though, but right now it's like old-school Minecraft before the survival mode was added. Sorta.

That actually sounds much better than I was expecting! Count me in!

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
I've started a raiding org called the Crimson Permanent Assurance and have begun drafting plans for my pirate ship as soon as I can find a good 3d object model of this:

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Trip report so far.

I finished the basic tutorial and did some mining only, so those are just some first impressions:

- It's still very buggy of course, but the game is way better designed and the ui is in a much better state than I thought it would be.

- Mining is lacking something. I think maybe the whole digging and mining animation or sound need a little bit more oompf. No man's sky has a similar system but it feels much better.

- I really hope they add support for joysticks soon, that's a pretty big oversight for a game based on spaceships.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
After finishing the tutorial I'm a little confused on how to build buildings and if it's possible to pick up my speeder, and how to get more cores.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

Elblanco posted:

After finishing the tutorial I'm a little confused on how to build buildings and if it's possible to pick up my speeder, and how to get more cores.

Best way to get questions answered is to hop into the goon discord channel.

Here is a video that explains building a bit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJO_2aFwmYc

You can pick up your speeder by picking up all of the elements with deploy element tool and alt+lmb, then pick up the voxels with alt+lmb with the deploy voxel tool (alternatively you can use the select voxel tool and highlight them all and hit delete to pick them up into your inventory), then exit build mode and use the deploy ground elements tool to pick up the core with alt+lmb. I would make a blueprint of it after removing the hover seat, button on the side and the ecu. There is currently a bug where components that have lua scripts or are renamed are not properly saved for blueprints. That way you can deploy the blueprint then add those components back in manually.

You can make cores in your inventory or buy them. If you are asking how to deploy more at once, then it is a talent under Mining & Inventory -> Architect.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Selling the best in billboard advertisement screens... for goons, free with mats.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
Just waiting for you on the moon while you spend an hour telling everyone how much you love uranus. You know what, it was worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

RandomBlue posted:

Just waiting for you on the moon while you spend an hour telling everyone how much you love uranus. You know what, it was worth it.

and for that, i moved your ship to the premier parking spot on the moon base. =)