Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Takoluka posted:

*investigating a murder* This wasn't really a homicide, because the guy had high blood pressure.

Literally one of the talking points around George Floyd. "The cops didn't kill him, he just had a heart issue while they were strangling him"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Fishstick posted:

Literally one of the talking points around George Floyd. "The cops didn't kill him, he just had a heart issue while they were strangling him"

Moving forward, I will be using "Jesus wasn't crucified. The cross was irrelevant. He was stabbed in the side. Just an unfortunate circumstance. That's why we have to wait for Him to return; He didn't actually get the chance to die for our sins."

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

I've had someone use that argument to discredit the response to COVID to me, a 30 year old with asthma.

Guess my las thought while I'm on the ventilator will be "it doesn't matter that I'm dying, I have an underlying condition"

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

COVID19 Deaths and the recent 6% debacle

You're probably not going to change the minds of the hardcore Trump crowd with this one, but maybe you can reach someone on the sidelines.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/HellenaHeavenly/status/1300443551923232770

just a pro wrestler stanning Vince McMahon

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Len posted:

What were these?

https://twitter.com/mistermegative/status/1300443100930809857?s=21

Someone screenshotted it. I should’ve, my bad.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
Why the gently caress are they still using his Twitter handle? loving ghouls.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's what he would have wanted, to be turned into a brand.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

OwlFancier posted:

It's what he would have wanted, to be turned into a brand.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Holy gently caress I want raising canes so bad rn. You ever eat a chicken tender so good it makes you wet?

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
There is a possibility that Herman Cain gave permission to these people to keep using his name, after willingly trading an easy retirement and the opportunity and play with his grandchildren for dying to own the libs by listening to a sundowning Nazi clown rapist brag about his ramp-climbing and water-drinking abilities.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

They actually did the Black Mirror thing where they uploaded all his tweets to a learning AI that now outputs new ones so it's like he's still alive!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/tprstly/status/1300155087747252224?s=21

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Dr Christmas posted:

There is a possibility that Herman Cain gave permission to these people to keep using his name, after willingly trading an easy retirement and the opportunity and play with his grandchildren for dying to own the libs by listening to a sundowning Nazi clown rapist brag about his ramp-climbing and water-drinking abilities.

Now this I can believe.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

How dare you sully the name of delicious chicken fingers by associating it with that dumb dead dildo

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam
I read that as "dumb bread dildo."

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

How dare you sully the name of delicious chicken fingers by associating it with that dumb dead dildo

I had the pleasure of working for them once so I'm allowed. He would have loved their business practices. He already lives on.

5TonsOfFlax
Aug 31, 2001

It's an occlupanid.

But, yes, I'm over 40.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
No one under 40 has bought bread.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

They purchase avocado toast exclusively

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Captain Monkey posted:

No one under 40 has bought bread.

Until fairly recently I hadn't seen one because the bread bags all came with the sticky strips instead of the thick plastic things.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

OwlFancier posted:

Until fairly recently I hadn't seen one because the bread bags all came with the sticky strips instead of the thick plastic things.

Do you mean the twist tie thing that's sometimes thick or is Britain just that weird

DiabloStarCraft
Oct 12, 2006

What is there in this world that makes living worthwhile?"

CATS. CATS ARE NICE
🐱🐱🐱💀🐱🐱🐱

I know what that is and they don’t even have them here, this has got to be one of those tweets where you say something dumb to get engagement clicks right?
Fake edit here is some old content that reliably throws Aussies into a panic

Edit

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Do you mean the twist tie thing that's sometimes thick or is Britain just that weird

In the uk we have sticky strip things to hold our bread bags shut.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

5TonsOfFlax posted:

It's an occlupanid.

But, yes, I'm over 40.

cool.

now what are the names of the tubes at the end of shoelaces, and the little tables at the center of pizza boxes?

(aglets and pizza savers)

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Shoelace ends are aglets. I know I've seen the pizza box thing's name but I'm drawing a blank.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

5TonsOfFlax posted:

It's an occlupanid.

But, yes, I'm over 40.

Holy poo poo did someone put a lot of work into that site.

Also, I really want Cane’s, now. There are two of them in the Cleveland area for some reason. That’s less than three hours from me. Maybe I just picked up a weekend project.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

DiabloStarCraft posted:

I know what that is and they don’t even have them here, this has got to be one of those tweets where you say something dumb to get engagement clicks right?
Fake edit here is some old content that reliably throws Aussies into a panic

Edit

In the uk we have sticky strip things to hold our bread bags shut.

Why does the octopus picture through Australians into a panic?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

That's a blue-ringed octopus, which is very high on the list of creatures you don't want to touch.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

Skwirl posted:

“The blue-ringed octopus, despite its small size, carries enough venom to kill twenty-six adult humans within minutes. Their bites are tiny and often painless, with many victims not realizing they have been envenomed until respiratory depression and paralysis start to set in”

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
So normal for Australian wildlife.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Holy poo poo did someone put a lot of work into that site.

Also, I really want Cane’s, now. There are two of them in the Cleveland area for some reason. That’s less than three hours from me. Maybe I just picked up a weekend project.

it's fine but a three hour drive? here's a recipe for the sauce and the fingers are dead rear end simple to make:

1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup Heinz ketchup
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper (fresh ground pepper corn is best)

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

ultrafilter posted:

That's a blue-ringed octopus, which is very high on the list of creatures you don't want to touch.

Pesterchum posted:

“The blue-ringed octopus, despite its small size, carries enough venom to kill twenty-six adult humans within minutes. Their bites are tiny and often painless, with many victims not realizing they have been envenomed until respiratory depression and paralysis start to set in”

On top of this, you don't see the blue rings unless they're distressed or pissed off.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Skwirl posted:

Please note that you had all the information required to correctly guess the answer.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

On top of this, you don't see the blue rings unless they're distressed or pissed off.

Me seeing a tiny octopus near me in Australia water, "hmm, no ring."

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I don't know I saw this more as a statement of facts rather than a defense of it. WWE has a pretty heavy right wing bent. Even Dwayne Johnson is more of a socially liberal fiscally conservative type than he lets on. He's smart enough to realize his actual political views don't mesh well with his image, but he is a lifelong republican.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I read it like that too at first, but checking her bio and reading it again it comes across more as 'this is how things are' than 'this is how things are and it's great!'. The McMahons and the Trumps are definitely buddies for many years, I don't agree with her assessment about Rock, though.

e: fb while on a call.

EL BROMANCE has a new favorite as of 19:46 on Aug 31, 2020

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

DiabloStarCraft posted:

He immediately moves the goal posts to like “the real shame is that we still use these even though plastic is so bad for the environment!”

Reminds me of this clickbait slideshow that Rolling Stone of all places used to promote on Facebook that was something like “40 things millennials won’t recognize.” One of them was floppy disks, a thing I, a 90s baby, used until middle school.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

What I said before about him being desperate for the approval of people who literally want him dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

5TonsOfFlax posted:

It's an occlupanid.

But, yes, I'm over 40.

I am so glad this website is still around.