Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Here’s a reddit post with all the unlockable outfits(doesn’t include the pre order ones). Spoilers obviously, especially for Cap’s.

Not bad overall but if you were expecting Marvel Heroes level of outfits you’ll be disappointed, seems like most characters have 4 or 5 unique outfits and the rest are recolours separated by rarity.

EDIT: This might not include marketplace skins which aren’t up yet.

I think I’ve seen enough of the game to pick this up, especially since there’s not much coming out that I’m interested in in the next few months.

EDIT: As for for secret unlockables Yeah, no. Captain Marvel is mentioned ingame as being off world so she’s almost certainly going to be one of the first DLC characters though.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Aug 31, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 22 minutes!
honestly i understand the derision this game is getting (and hulk sucks) but as a dad with two young kids i dont have a ton of time to play games. so the beta was very good for me, missions that last at most an hour and are soloable.

gonna pick it up on friday along with tony hawk which will scratch the same itch. wal mart is gonna have $10 off both

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.
Fear Itself armor, Starboost armor. Those are pretty much my Go-To Iron Man armors so I'm good there. I'd like to see a few more designs like Extremis (seeing it had slightly different shoulders and stuff) but that seems like too much :effort:

Those Thor outfits are lazy as hell though. I'm just gonna end up playing as jeans and t-shirt Thor I guess.

Kinda feel that on Cap, too. Like how are you not gonna let me play as jeans and leather jacket Cap? It looks like his best outfit is the rank 39 one still.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

So out of 25 Cap costumes, 22 are poo poo, 2 are good, and one is just okay. Great work art crew!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Kinda disappointed there’s no white suit Mr. Fixit for Hulk but I’ll settle for the ones we got.

EDIT: You get 1300 credits from each free challenge card so that’s 7800 if you fully level each character.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Aug 31, 2020

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

If reddit is to be believed, none of the paid shop outfits are in those outfit lists. The store isn't live in-game, and they didn't show up as preview-able in the beta in the outfit list. So it's possible there's more outfits coming our way.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

There’s gonna be a poo poo load of extra outfits as time goes on. For as generous they are with gameplay content, they are gonna milk those cosmetics for every ounce. I just hope some will be available to earn and not just buy. I’m weak for silly outfits.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

you can really tell how poo poo a game's cosmetics are by the number of recolors on the same goddamn skin. they could knock the number of them down by like 6 each but I guess they needed a bunch of ugly recolors so you have an excuse to use real money to get the "good" colors for outfits while the game drops only the poo poo ones you don't want

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

RatHat posted:

Kinda disappointed there’s no white suit Mr. Fixit for Hulk but I’ll settle for the ones we got.

EDIT: You get 1300 credits from each free challenge card so that’s 7800 if you fully level each character.

There seems to be some confusion about the ones for the base game heroes. They said they're unlocking them and everyone will get them and that challenge cards have credits on them but lots of people on reddit seem to think the base game challenge cards won't have the credit reward parts and only the ones you buy will so like, in order to get started on the recurring battle pass train you have to put in at least 1000 credits or $10.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

thebardyspoon posted:

There seems to be some confusion about the ones for the base game heroes. They said they're unlocking them and everyone will get them and that challenge cards have credits on them but lots of people on reddit seem to think the base game challenge cards won't have the credit reward parts and only the ones you buy will so like, in order to get started on the recurring battle pass train you have to put in at least 1000 credits or $10.

Only the premium parts of the cards will have credit rewards but the premium cards for the base 6 Heroes are already unlocked for free. DLC heroes premium cards will cost 1k credits though. It seems like the big moneymaker for them will be costumes, not the battle passes.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

https://youtu.be/pLiII3nZ-ZM
Marketplace is up and yup, it’s got all the cool stuff.

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Huh, so there's the MCU-Style Cap. As a paid skin. Shoulda figured that. Same with Planet Hulk Hulk. That Solaris Iron Man skin is kinda neat, though I don't recognize where it's from.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

being asked to pay for loving Takedowns---animations that would add variety to the combat---is ratfuck levels of No Thanks. And I realize that's not new but on top of how bland all of the game already is, they have some big balls piecemealing even extremely basic poo poo that should just be baked in.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Is there respeccing?

DLC Inc posted:

being asked to pay for loving Takedowns---animations that would add variety to the combat---is ratfuck levels of No Thanks. And I realize that's not new but on top of how bland all of the game already is, they have some big balls piecemealing even extremely basic poo poo that should just be baked in.

lol

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

BGrifter posted:

Gonna guess the check didn’t clear to IGN if they’re getting headlines like this.

lol the next line past the headline is “Reminder: All of Marvel's Avengers' post-launch heroes will be free to all players.”

Shocking. IGN with a super misleading headline.

Come on, you really think IGN is being unfairly biased against one of the year's biggest AAA powerhouses?

Everything about the game and its monetisation is scummy as all gently caress no matter how you paint it - "cosmetic only" or not.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Who had Cap being frozen in a capsule on an AIM space station on their bingo card?

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Liar Lyre posted:

For as generous they are

stev posted:

Everything about the game and its monetisation is scummy as all gently caress

You encounter two gamers at the crossroads, one tells only truths and the other only lies...

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Fight to the death for my amusement

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Liar Lyre posted:

https://youtu.be/pLiII3nZ-ZM
Marketplace is up and yup, it’s got all the cool stuff.

Ah so that’s why the hero cards seem so generous. $10+ for each outfit/emote/takedown is ridiculous.

From what I saw the only ones that look appealing me were Kamala’s :frogout: hat outfit and her soda drink emote. But I think the shop rotates so this probably isn’t all of them. Definitely gonna save my credits for stuff I really want.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Uh, you alright Cap?

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

People already playing the campaign say it’s actually...pretty good?

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
I will give them some credit for actually putting Kamala Khan in the game and nods to her eventually becoming Capt Marvel, that's actually pretty cool.
She's written really well from what I've seen and the VA in general do a pretty good job.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

VanillaGorilla posted:

People already playing the campaign say it’s actually...pretty good?

from what I've seen so far watching some streams on and off, yeah I'd agree

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Jesus Christ the Pro performance. Having confetti on the screen in the very first playable scene slows the menu cursor to a jittery crawl in 4K mode, performance mode seems to barely reach 30fps. Can't wait to see some actually busy scenes.

...aaand the very first person you talk to has hair clipping through her hat.

Ruffian Price fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Aug 31, 2020

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Should have just done PS2 era hair, where all the ladies had their hair pulled back into a bun or had short hair so they wouldn't have to model anything.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
That's weird, I'm watching MK Iceandfire's playthrough on a PS4 Pro and it looks actually really good.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I'll report back on how it runs on an old white base PS4 when it unlocks tomorrow. I enjoyed the beta well enough to take the plunge in the end.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Some of the menus are a little sluggish on a Pro, but there’s not really been any other issues so far, I think I had one hitch during the tutorial.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Just watched the end. Last boss fight is pretty dumb and funny. Like the movies, there's a mid-credit scene. Honestly, playable Marvel movie doesn't seem like a terrible comparison.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

Liar Lyre posted:

Just watched the end. Last boss fight is pretty dumb and funny. Like the movies, there's a mid-credit scene. Honestly, playable Marvel movie doesn't seem like a terrible comparison.

But this just came out today? So what the campaign is like 8 hours long? 6 hours??

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

PlushCow posted:

But this just came out today? So what the campaign is like 8 hours long? 6 hours??

I'd say about 6-10 depending on how you play, which I think is what most people expected/reported. Most of the game is going to be replaying the dozens of repeatable missions for loot. Story mode is mostly a big tutorial with cut scenes and easy loot drops.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

CALLING ALL AVENGERS

Are you man enough to just rip your pants off your body like the Hulk when you have to poop and pee?

Are you the type of person who injects and anal enemas whiskey like my friend Tony Stark?

Are you the one who will never, EVER apologize to Israel like Kamala Khan?

Or maybe, just maybe, you are a believer in an America where it actually is #1 in EVERYTHING like El Capitan de Estados Unidos?

The game has been leaked! People are playing! They are all unanimously loving it on every part of the World Wide Web, except this place! We have doubters and today, I have washed my mouth out enough with Listerine that I am feeling the URGE to CRUSH.

YES! You, yes you, will be ready to play this game starting tomorrow. You will beat that campaign in roughly 6 hours, and then you’re going to head straight to the multiplayer. You’re going to run amok on all the enemy peeps and you’re going to collect loot!

And then you will go to sleep!

and then you’re going to head straight to the multiplayer. You’re going to run amok on all the enemy peeps and you’re going to collect loot!

and then you’re going to head straight to the multiplayer. You’re going to run amok on all the enemy peeps and you’re going to collect loot!

I have my deluxe edition ready to go and I will see you all in game tomorrow! Please be ready to talk about the game and what you think of it. I have my 10/10 review ready to go and I’m pushing for tons of upvotes and thumbs ups on steam.

See you all tomorrow! :)

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I am enjoying a game that ICR has hyped up. Strange times.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Dan Didio posted:

I am enjoying a game that ICR has hyped up. Strange times.

I want to apologize in advance but yes! I will say I’m excited for the story. I got my gripes but overall, I do expect to have some fun and that’s all you can ask for in 2020.

Lord, I am your hamster. Put me on my wheel and guide me to endless kibbles and loot.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

To be fair, I think Anthem’s the only one you really burned me on.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Dan Didio posted:

To be fair, I think Anthem’s the only one you really burned me on.

I legit enjoyed the anthem beta but was aghast at the campaign and only three dungeons. I expected 15-20 given how short they were.

The movement and the shooting was tons of fun

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

the actual gameplay of Anthem was really fun but everything else was such a disaster that it didn't matter

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

I just really, really, REALLY hope they add Beta Ray Bill as a Thor skin.

I got sucked into Marvel Heroes Omega on ps4 and was eagerly waiting for my BRB skin. Word was it was being updated and would be on consoles.

...and then it was gone forever. :(

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I thought they said they weren’t going to do like echo skins and stuff, but they’re putting in both Kate and Clint, so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Why the gently caress are there lovely stealth sections in this game?

Raged fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Sep 1, 2020