Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Haha what do you think Bowsette smells like LOL
This poll is closed.
Lilac 12 3.96%
Gooseberries 8 2.64%
Turtle soup 11 3.63%
Your favourite Doritos flavor (please specify) 14 4.62%
Gamer girl bath water 54 17.82%
Stop it 158 52.15%
A Pizza Hut Personal Pan Pizza (Pepperoni) 33 10.89%
get stick bugged lol 12 3.96%
tomato pizza 1 0.33%
Total: 303 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I'm actually trying really hard to engage with it as a text so to speak and not a Skinner box but that's fine if you don't want to do that, it seems to fulfill both functions pretty well tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
"I'm making a game unlike anything you've ever played"

"So anyway here's a bunch of fetch quests"

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i abstained from voting this month as there was no bowsette option

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Alright, I beat Nexomon Extinction. It's funny, I had a TON of trouble with the final fights to the point where I needed to use the "oh gently caress go back" button to get sent to before the point of no return and buy a bazillion more healing items. I did it the first time at level 60, then tried it this time at 65-68 and this time I absolutely slaughtered all the fights and didn't need to use a single item. I'm very confident I played the whole game wrong.

Also, the art team had a lot of people in it for what ended up being pretty darn consistent for an indie game. Also one person did literally all the programming in Unity which, god drat, props to that guy.

RazzleDazzleHour fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Sep 1, 2020

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Alright, I beat Nexomon Extinction. It's funny, I had a TON of trouble with the final fights to the point where I needed to use the "oh gently caress go back" button to get sent to before the point of no return and buy a bazillion more healing items. I did it the first time at level 60, then tried it this time at 65-68 and this time I absolutely slaughtered all the fights and didn't need to use a single item. I'm very confident I played the whole game wrong.

Also, the art team had a lot of people in it for what ended up being pretty darn consistent for an indie game. Also one person did literally all the programming in Unity which, god drat, props to that guy.

Do you know if the game has any equivalent to Pokemon's EVs? If it does, then your strategy of ignoring battles and catching new mons at higher levels to keep on track might have left you weaker than if you had leveled your existing ones to the same point.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

sharrrk posted:

i abstained from voting this month as there was no bowsette option

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

cheetah7071 posted:

Do you know if the game has any equivalent to Pokemon's EVs? If it does, then your strategy of ignoring battles and catching new mons at higher levels to keep on track might have left you weaker than if you had leveled your existing ones to the same point.

I wanna say I'm almost positive it doesn't? I think the biggest factor is that, because the range of stats is so small, those numbers make a big difference. Ten levels is like maybe +20 to attack and defense, and when those numbers are only at 100 themselves that's a pretty big increase. It's not like Pokemon where some Pokes have 20 speed and other have 170, pretty much every fully-evolved Nexomon has ATT/DEF between 28-35 and speed between 18-30. So, if you're getting +2 stats per level, it adds up very fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

sept thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3938802