Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

hmm?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The Beast!

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
No tiny glasses 0/10

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Doublepost, but trailer online on the 9th and in theaters with Tenet in the next few days.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Saw Tenet in Korea but no Dune trailer. :(

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/empiremagazine/status/1299362065933627394?s=20

worm sign

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Jason Momoa has facial hair, it's clearly fake.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

So they changed the title again?

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Empire doesn’t typically use the official logo design, if that’s what you mean

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
So I just rewatched for the I lost counteenth time and not to know Villeneuve but if there was one director I would love to see handle Dune it would absolutely be George Miller. Dude's obsessed with The Hero's Journey, who better to turn it upside down?

EDIT: goddamn I can be dumb.I rewatched Fury Road if that wasn't obvious.

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Aug 30, 2020

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
What did you rewatch

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
Babe 2: Pig in the City, I think it’s obvious enough from context

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Jewmanji posted:

Babe 2: Pig in the City, I think it’s obvious enough from context

Happy Feet

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Yeah that was a ferp on my part. I meant Fury Road.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

You can't fool me, that's clearly a giant eyeball

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Aces High posted:

You can't fool me, that's clearly a giant eyeball

Really makes you think, doesn't it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Come oooon ⊃∪∩⪽ trailer

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/trevorbaxendale/status/1300539650625462272?s=20
https://twitter.com/trevorbaxendale/status/1300540682776514567?s=20

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

The teaser trailer leaked, and I can't repost it because it's already gone, but it's important to note that they totally kept the D U N C logo.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Actually its available here: https://streamable.com/od2fio

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

That was... not the ideal way to first experience it.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

The material is challenging. Hats off to DV for taking it head on.

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:
A demon doth defecate at thy door
It looks quite... bland? Apart from the voiceover, that is...

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bugblatter posted:

That was... not the ideal way to first experience it.

It’s actually the best. All it’s missing is more shaky cam, some crowd reactions, a third of it blocked, and it’d be just like the days of old when we had to live with hidden cam rips off comic con until the actual trailers released online.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Hm, yeah I'll wait for an HD one, then. But bland has been my worry ever since the first stills came out—the production design is pretty disappointing so far, and that's worrying for where my hopes are post-2049.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

feedmyleg posted:

Hm, yeah I'll wait for an HD one, then. But bland has been my worry ever since the first stills came out—the production design is pretty disappointing so far, and that's worrying for where my hopes are post-2049.

Yeah like, 2049 takes place in a series of various decaying dystopian shitholes, but it was gorgeous to look at and felt dense and I'd never call its look bland. This though, I'm a little skeptical, still super hype to see it of course.

G-III
Mar 4, 2001

I fear because I was imprinted by the Lynch dune at a very young and tender age that I won't be able to accept these new costume designs as anything but kinda dull.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit

G-III posted:

I fear because I was imprinted by the Lynch dune at a very young and tender age that I won't be able to accept these new costume designs as anything but kinda dull.

If Dr. Yueh can break his programming so can you.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

G-III posted:

That plus the dang amazing hats in the miniseries.

Paolomania
Apr 26, 2006

Looking at that Momoa still, making both sides matte grey/black tactical armor - especially for a combat scene - doesn't speak well for costume design. Sure that body armor looks cool in stills, but if both are samey in-motion then that Idaho fight is going to be an unreadable mess. At least for Lynch you had Sardaukar with the baggy hazmat silouette and bright green face plate contrasted against the form-fitting and maskless design of the stilsuits.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Ah yes, the memorable Duncan - Sardaukar fight in Lynch’s Dune

Grey mess or not, at least Duncan is a sword master in this movie, I guess?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

To be fair, it's pretty anticlimactic in the book too. Duncan is good at knife fighting but he gets shot in the head. Next paragraph.

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004
Poor 'ol Duncan, looked at Harkonnens and died.

AwkwardKnob
Dec 29, 2004

A good pun is like a good steak: A rare medium well done
Do any of us have any indication yet about how they're going to try and navigate the whole trope of all the characters' thoughts being narrated in the book/being pretty compelling? Lynch Dune had all that hilarious whispering and I don't see them trying again. I guess maybe we'll just get some of it delivered as actual dialogue somehow? Maybe not at all?

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Page numbers in the corner of the screen

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
Ron Howard will narrate.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

They’re going to do internal thoughts via soliloquy.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
It will be a musical.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Ingmar terdman posted:

Page numbers in the corner of the screen

Ah, so doubling down on their attempted solution first time around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AwkwardKnob
Dec 29, 2004

A good pun is like a good steak: A rare medium well done

Hahahahaha holy poo poo