Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Now that Bowsette is officially over, where will you be sending your horny energy?
This poll is closed.
Melinda Rust (née Megamelons) 13 5.86%
Twitch streamers 9 4.05%
VTube animes 27 12.16%
Any of the other –ette monstrosities 10 4.50%
[Lie] I don’t get horny. 54 24.32%
Other (Bowsette) 93 41.89%
Now that I'm an IK, I can make my own option 13 5.86%
David Crossup 1 0.45%
Bob PSPGodenkirk 2 0.90%
Total: 222 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Big thanks to the forums police crew for being on top of the stickying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microcline
Jul 27, 2012

dreamless posted:

There's some cool stuff in there and I enjoyed it but it doesn't ever stop being what it is. Your character's an rear end in a top hat and a robophobe, nobody has legs, everything's a mite too slow, inventory management suuuucks. But there is actual plot and ancient mysteries, including the eponymous vault; if you're just looking for reassurance that there's actually something there, there is. It's not all reading inscriptions off of shovel handles.

But if you're not at least slightly charmed by the jank I wouldn't keep going. Fwiw they come by "never made a video game" honestly, Inkle are IF/CYOA folks and their reach exceeded their grasp a little on this one. Better that than the opposite, imo.

Thanks. I'm probably going to return it. I actually like the inscriptions on shovel handles and the IF/CYOA thing shows, as while walking around I had several thoughts about how the game would be better with at text/VN/Myst style system.

My tolerance for jank is pretty high, but this just isn't the standard charming ha-ha Eurojank that comes from a bunch of systems interacting to produce bizarre glitches and occasional crashes but a kind of contempt for the players time baked into every moment of gameplay. I haven't even gotten to inventory management.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The title for the latest Gamespot podcast is "We Simp for the Simpsons", they must be reading their YouTube story comments

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

cuntman.net posted:

im actually going to psakdfnawldsjfawlkewkef

I'm assuming that this was meant to be "I'm actually going to post in the thread this time" and your keyboard had a catastrophic malfunction

I'm really rooting for you to be able to complete your goal of posting this month. In order to support you, I'm offering a bit of tough love. If you can post in this thread at least 20 times before October 1st, including at least one post each week (meaning the 1st through 5th, 6th through 12th, 13th through 19th, 20th through 26th, and 27th through 30th), then you will have successfully completed your earnest goal of posting in the thread this time

If, however, you fail to meet this goal, despite so many months of no doubt concerted effort, I will have no choice but to conclude that these posts are not earnest statements of a desire to post, but rather insincere gimmicks, and I will be forced to respond to them with the harshest slap on the wrist I am capable of, a sixer, in each future thread you post them in

If you do meet the goal, I will try to talk the actual mods into giving you a free av change or something, but I am just a lowly IK and cannot actually promise that, myself.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

divinity original sin takes forever to do anything and unfortunately i have it on ps4 so i can't mod it to go faster

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Started playing Control last night and that game seems cool. Looking forward to seeing where it goes!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

bovis posted:

Started playing Control last night and that game seems cool. Looking forward to seeing where it goes!
as i mentioned in the previous thread, don't worry about 'emergent'-style pointless quests, don't worry about loot. just enjoy the story and maybe do a few sidequests, the ones with bosses

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I adore Control. While it has the usual Remedy flaws with combat, the setting and presentation is superb. If last year wasn't so good for games overall, it would have been a GOTY candidate.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

The 7th Guest posted:

as i mentioned in the previous thread, don't worry about 'emergent'-style pointless quests, don't worry about loot. just enjoy the story and maybe do a few sidequests, the ones with bosses

And miss giving a pep talk to a bunch of plants?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i have been watching a bunch of videos from a very chill sounding guy about how to play Sea of Thieves and i might play that again

except i have ~8 hours of D&D vods to catch up on first

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slwmJLaVrdE

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Delphinity: Original Simp

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Where is the stick bug option in the poll, SMDH

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
drat it

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Sometimes I don’t get memes

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

What's to get?

https://twitter.com/pentaerythrit0l/status/1289820490312200192

GET STICKBUGGED LOL

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Here's my favorite stickbug meme

https://i.imgur.com/b1b2nnw.mp4

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrMT2Zvj36E

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I kid you not it turns itself into a stick bugg

funniest poo poo I've ever seen

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuCO7-DLCaA

i hate the internet

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I'm excited to play Tony Hawk this weekend. I should also finally beat Shadowbringers (5.0), which means I'll be very close to NieR raids and 5.3, which sounds WILD. It should be a good weekend.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU3kEEfUVx8

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i'm also interested in genshin impact for some reason. anime gacha botw on my phone is a weirdly compelling idea, and from what i played of honkai impact you certainly cannot accuse these devs of not doing everything 110%

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Can't believe it took so long for us to get to the perfect meme with the stick bug. Can't believe we wasted any time on the dude on the sidewalk or the drake meme

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Weedle posted:

i'm also interested in genshin impact for some reason. anime gacha botw on my phone is a weirdly compelling idea, and from what i played of honkai impact you certainly cannot accuse these devs of not doing everything 110%

I'm excited for Genshin Impact as well as that wizard battle royale game. September looks like it's going to be a good month for new free-to-play games! :stoked:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

BisbyWorl posted:

And miss giving a pep talk to a bunch of plants?

Definitely do all the fixed, premade sidequests. Don't do the Bureau Alert popups (unless they get in your way) and don't bother with the Board Countermeasure random missions.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

yeah the bureau alerts and countermeasure stuff is what i was referring to

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Some of them you can end up doing by accident anyway.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I want to buy Tony Hawk but I'm going to let everyone else do it first, just in case

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

haveblue posted:

Definitely do all the fixed, premade sidequests. Don't do the Bureau Alert popups (unless they get in your way) and don't bother with the Board Countermeasure random missions.

The board countermeasures can be a good easy excuse to try different loadouts, plus you can just drop them and see if the RNG's spitting out more appropriate ones (and sometimes it may be necessary because they may need you to kill stuff that won't spawn in your current world state).

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

RBA Starblade posted:

I want to buy Tony Hawk videogames but I'm going to let everyone else do it first, just in case

Good life philosophy

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I impulse-bought crusader kings 3

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Jay Rust posted:

:hmmyes:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I finished my blitty, gotta take photos of it to post but I'm excited to be done with it either way. I don't know what I'll work on next though. I might try to make something vaguely-humanish but idk.

How's everyone doing today?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jay Rust posted:

I passed, game passed

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What's with the title

it's better than no simp september or w/e but idgi

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

I passed, game passed

Same, glad that Crusader Kings III is on Gamepass, superb value, only continues to grow

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

I finished my blitty, gotta take photos of it to post but I'm excited to be done with it either way. I don't know what I'll work on next though. I might try to make something vaguely-humanish but idk.

How's everyone doing today?

How about one of those Wizard101 things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Help Im Alive posted:

What's with the title

it's better than no simp september or w/e but idgi

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Same, glad that Crusader Kings III is on Gamepass, superb value, only continues to grow

There’s the answer

I don’t exactly know what gamepass is tbh, but it do know that it’s been accumulating value