Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

retribution scared of the big dog hooah yessirr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Procrastinator posted:

retribution scared of the big dog hooah yessirr

Retribution is run by the Big Dog, hooah

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Remember how they teased a bunch that the Miz was leading Retribution but lol nope turns out he's got nothing to do with them coz we want them on the other brand

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Longterm storytelling in wrestling is easy. You start a thing, then only reference it again 4 weeks later.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

What are the odds retribution is just how they’re shoehorning in NXT to Survivor series this year?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Rarity posted:

Remember how they teased a bunch that the Miz was leading Retribution but lol nope turns out he's got nothing to do with them coz we want them on the other brand

lol what?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rarity posted:

Remember how they teased a bunch that the Miz was leading Retribution

...no

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Insertnamehere31 posted:

What are the odds retribution is just how they’re shoehorning in NXT to Survivor series this year?

It may end up this way, but I doubt it's how it started since that suggests they are thinking about Survivor Series more than a month before it (and even that would be generous).

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
As I understand it there were multiple times where Miz would leave just before/arrive just after a Retribution attack

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Rarity posted:

As I understand it there were multiple times where Miz would leave just before/arrive just after a Retribution attack

It's WWE, the chances that this was pure coincidence are about 99%. This would be far too subtle for them.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

forkboy84 posted:

It's WWE, the chances that this was pure coincidence are about 99%. This would be far too subtle for them.

It reminds me of how some people were convinced that Michael Cole was both the Anonymous GM and behind the Nexus because he kept escaping when the Nexus attacked. Turns out, it was nothing

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

It reminds me of how some people were convinced that Michael Cole was both the Anonymous GM and behind the Nexus because he kept escaping when the Nexus attacked. Turns out, it was nothing

Retribution is Hornswoggle.

All of them.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Nostradingus posted:

Retribution is Hornswoggle.

All of them.

Nah, that's just TUE getting called up

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

KungFu Grip posted:

iiconics and riott squad have been feuding for like a month, i basically only follow what wwe does through twitter shitposts and i knew that much. it was also a #1 contenders match

any women's tag team match is by default a #1 contenders match because there are only ever three women's tag teams and one of them has to have the belts, and they proved it again because the moment they made two new teams (shayna/nia, the reunited riott squad) they immediately broke two up (golden role models/iiconics)

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Retribution is a mystery, a lot of pay off nobody sees

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
WWE is the thinking man's wrestling show for people that don't like to think too much.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Nah, that's just TUE getting called up

Yowie wowie

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Randomly creating a wrestling faction based on BLM and Antifa imagery only to reveal it's led by The Miz would be peak WWE

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Jabroni has been added to the dictionary

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Rarity posted:

Jabroni has been added to the dictionary

What a bunch of marks

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

Rarity posted:

I thought more classic Lazy/Heel Miz, than him leading retribution or having anything to do with them the time I saw it, didn't see any other times cept the time he ran in like 15 seconds after everything was done with lol

and the last time we saw Retribution on Smackdown was when The Smackdown Brand Superstars kicked Retributions rear end and took back the ring!!!! so basically raw sucks since they just let Retribution Dart Rey / Beat Dom, while they all sat around in catering afraid of 5 guys that I could beat up if I had a chair, and the previous time they let them beat some other losers for a bit, i forget who, with no one bothering to help.

i'm guessing Retribution has more to do with ratings, RAW's are tanking, while I *think* Smackdown's are somewhat stable around 2mil vs 1.7 1.6 1.5, so maybe if they could get someone actually loving interesting to lead Retribution (lol they have no one, though THE BIG DOG *might* have worked).

it'll end up being like loving HBK/VKM or the Undertaker/Kane, or recently unemployed Big Shoe

e: Dbry might be the only person in the WWE that could make it work but he's on Smackdown - but good thing there are no rules about being on shows anymore or something (*Rules change Daily)
e2: or maybe Samoa Joe if given all creative rights and can still get down

Hirez fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Sep 1, 2020

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

oh and I don't think this was posted, but it just loving rules - Shayna (while originally booked like complete poo poo), has been fire since her Seth's not cool promo:

https://twitter.com/NoHands00/status/1287101042128297984

The ridiculous submission at Payback

https://twitter.com/BulletClubIta1/status/1300228023891963904

Nia being very useful in the tag champ match

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Hirez posted:

I thought more classic Lazy/Heel Miz, than him leading retribution or having anything to do with them the time I saw it, didn't see any other times cept the time he ran in like 15 seconds after everything was done with lol

and the last time we saw Retribution on Smackdown was when The Smackdown Brand Superstars kicked Retributions rear end and took back the ring!!!! so basically raw sucks since they just let Retribution Dart Rey / Beat Dom, while they all sat around in catering afraid of 5 guys that I could beat up if I had a chair, and the previous time they let them beat some other losers for a bit, i forget who, with no one bothering to help.

i'm guessing Retribution has more to do with ratings, RAW's are tanking, while I *think* Smackdown's are somewhat stable around 2mil vs 1.7 1.6 1.5, so maybe if they could get someone actually loving interesting to lead Retribution (lol they have no one, though THE BIG DOG *might* have worked).

it'll end up being like loving HBK/VKM or the Undertaker/Kane, or recently unemployed Big Shoe

e: Dbry might be the only person in the WWE that could make it work but he's on Smackdown - but good thing there are no rules about being on shows anymore or something (*Rules change Daily)
e2: or maybe Samoa Joe if given all creative rights and can still get down

Isn’t the rumor that it’s led by Dijakovic?

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Maybe its just because I tapped out on NXT during her Reign of Terror, but Shayna really seems awesome and its loving shameful how WWE has cut her knees out at every opportunity since she got called up. Look dominate in the Rumble and make it all the way to #2, lose to Charlotte. Look INCREDIBLY dominant in the Chamber, job out to Becky. And I'll bet you good money she's about to drop those Tag Belts to the Riott Squad right after being made to look insanely dominant in winning them.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Hirez posted:

oh and I don't think this was posted, but it just loving rules - Shayna (while originally booked like complete poo poo), has been fire since her Seth's not cool promo:

https://twitter.com/NoHands00/status/1287101042128297984

The ridiculous submission at Payback

https://twitter.com/BulletClubIta1/status/1300228023891963904

Nia being very useful in the tag champ match
Nicholas was a better tag champ imo

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rad

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Sanguinia posted:

Maybe its just because I tapped out on NXT during her Reign of Terror, but Shayna really seems awesome and its loving shameful how WWE has cut her knees out at every opportunity since she got called up. Look dominate in the Rumble and make it all the way to #2, lose to Charlotte. Look INCREDIBLY dominant in the Chamber, job out to Becky. And I'll bet you good money she's about to drop those Tag Belts to the Riott Squad right after being made to look insanely dominant in winning them.

They're gonna job out the Riott Squad and split them up by Survivor Series because it's WWE and it's what they do.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Sanguinia posted:

She was booked so loving horribly in WWE (That elimination chamber match was the worst except for this moment: https://twitter.com/SexyK2Bliss/status/1247188755452170241

The MITB was absolute garbage, then she cut that promo above, and was gone to Main Event or whatever for a while, and has been booked pretty well since coming back (beating the poo poo out of tozawa ninja's, beating Sasha+Bayley clean and she was great in the match).

She'll definitely lose the belt soon, if not vanquish it, cause I think she said she hates Nia and even if they won shes not teaming up with her again (or maybe I'm dreaming that) - but at least she'll be a threat to Sasha/Bayley (unless WWE pulls the trigger on them breaking up already)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/KingRicochet/status/1300866122821050369

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I am pretty confident more people in the US are watching NJPW World than are watching WWE Main Event on Hulu

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

This is so sad lol

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Dacap posted:

Isn’t the rumor that it’s led by Dijakovic?

Oh good the Keith Lee vs Dijakovic feud will continue on Raw, I was worried there for a second.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Why so serious, Ric?

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Meanwhile his trainer is in AEW jerking off a Jewish man to death.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Just happy to be here!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ali needs to quit ASAP.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Did Big Bossman ever wrestle another cop or is this the first Cop vs Cop match in WWE history?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Ali needs to quit ASAP.

ali in a best of super juniors tournament or smth would get him back on the map big i think

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Cruiser WAIT brother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_Vandal
Feb 7, 2004

You make me wanna cry
You make me wanna die
I love you, I love you, I love you,
I love you, I love you
Night Man

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Did Big Bossman ever wrestle another cop or is this the first Cop vs Cop match in WWE history?

Pretty sure he had a feud with the mountie at one point.