Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

EC3's in Baltimore

PWInsider and Dave both confirmed he's making his ROH debut at their TV tapings

His new TNA deal allows for ROH appearances

If he's with ROH that means he can work New Japan. I look forward to seeing EC3 in the G1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1296574062018220032?s=20
https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1296575091333935104?s=20

That looks awful

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Creepy!

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Woulda kept the hard cam facing the stage and gone with less people in bigger panels like the NBA.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
If you're going to reuse the same person multiple times, maybe don't do it right next to each other?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

If this is real, they've managed to do something worse than just CGI-ing in the fans or using a background from one of their wrestling games

(edit) I don't care what you all say about delays and people vetting the streams, some fan's bare rear end or junk is absolutely showing up on TV at some point

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ehhh....the colors and overabundance of lights aren't great but i dont think it looks terrible for what they're going for.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Nipponophile posted:

If you're going to reuse the same person multiple times, maybe don't do it right next to each other?

this is probably (never put anything past this company) just a function of it being a test, to be fair

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

They did a lovely job ripping off the NBA:

https://youtu.be/OpmtwXpZoNA

NBA version is way better, screens need to be darker and set further back

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

Excuse me, is this where the bitches are found?

They're not actual screens, are they?

MLS just recently finished a tournament in Orlando; they had basically blue-screened part of the area and would show fan cams on that, visible only on the broadcast (and even then, not on all cameras). It seems like trying to create an arena of screens would be prohibitively expensive for a company that had to fire a bunch of people a few months ago to cut costs.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

It's one bit wraparound screen but they just do a grid of zoom calls and it's super brightly backlit. So you get the clash of colors due to using each person's individual video background.

The NBA has a big screen on each of the 4 court sides but they use a different technology where they just take your face and body and superimpose it over the grey seat and they aren't brightly backlit. They also have a better tiered seating effect with how they do each row so it looks more like real arena seating.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The view further back when you can see the curvature of the screen is fine. The close-up where it's a flat wall looks terrible though.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Making the WWE fan screen so super bright and backlit makes everything a horrible clash of colors. You'd never guess that WWE was a billion dollar company by how slipshod their tech and presentation is.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pylons posted:

The 2 debuts are Rowan who now goes by Joseph Ruud, who debuted by helping Brodie Lee in a mask to win the TNT title, he takes off mask after Brodie wins. this match is apparently overbooked to hell, but in an entertaining way.

Let's not focus on the Rowan thing, but the "overbooked to hell" thing. :lol:

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MJeff posted:

Let's not focus on the Rowan thing, but the "overbooked to hell" thing. :lol:

It's wild that if I'd run across spoilers that said "Cody loses the TNT title in a 3 minute squash match" I'd have considered them less believable than a Ruud debut.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I was scrolling through the AEW twitter and it was very funny to see dumb assholes replying to multiple tweets with "Did Rowan debut yet and help Brodie win????" because they thought they were spoiling the show for other people

Smugly leaning back in my chair with the knowledge that I ruined the Ruud Awakening for AEWailures

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I was more surprised by the Thunder Rosa thing being real.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

I was more surprised by the Thunder Rosa thing being real.

They’d (mainly Cody and Rosa) actually been pretty overtly pointing at that possibility on Twitter.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Yeah Thunder was not-so-subtly teasing it all week so that one didnt surprise me

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

NVM

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Been a while since we've posted betting odds in here so. Current ones for Payback from 5Dimes favor

Shayna and Nia winning the women's tag titles
Lashley winning the US title
Reigns winning the Universal title
Keith Lee beating Orton
Dominic and Rey winning
Riddle winning
Big E winning

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://wrestletalk.com/news/huge-spoiler-nxt-championship-match-tonight/

Winner of the 4 way 60 minute iron man match for the NXT championship tonight is....

Nobody :lol:

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The absolute state of NXT

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Winner of the 4 way 60 minute iron man match for the NXT championship tonight is....

Shut the gently caress up theres no way they cant be that stupid lmao

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Hahahaha oh my God imagine watching that and getting that result.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

How the gently caress do you book a 4-man 60-minute iron man match to end with a partial tie?

Then again we should probably be happy that they didn't somehow find a way to end this in a 4-way tie.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Lmfao

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Germansimp posted:

How the gently caress do you book a 4-man 60-minute iron man match to end with a partial tie?

Then again we should probably be happy that they didn't somehow find a way to end this in a 4-way tie.

I am sad it isn't a three-way tie, leading to a Triple Threat iron man match that then ends in a two-way tie.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MorningMoon posted:

Shut the gently caress up theres no way they cant be that stupid lmao

HHH is absolutely that stupid

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

ahahahahaha

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I wish it had ended in a 4-Way tie at 0 falls somehow

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I mean, I wasn't going to watch a loving 60 minute iron man match in WWE anyway, but thanks for preventing me from even being curious to tune in an see it.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
This would kind of be a cute idea if they had a hot program or goodwill from fans but they have neither right now.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Only WWE can find a way to 50/50 book a 4-man 60-minute match

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Literal only way it could be funnier is if the two that tie are Gargano/Ciampa

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Gargano/Cole would be pretty funny too.

Thinking about it, are any of those four even faces at the moment? Does NXT have ANY main event faces with Lee gone?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Chris James 2 posted:

Literal only way it could be funnier is if the two that tie are Gargano/Ciampa

this is absolutely what it's going to be, probably each picking up a fall in the final seconds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Dacap posted:

Gargano/Cole would be pretty funny too.

Thinking about it, are any of those four even faces at the moment? Does NXT have ANY main event faces with Lee gone?

No.