Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

the_Vandal posted:

Pretty sure he had a feud with the mountie at one point.

He even sent the Mountie to jail where he was locked away and mistreated and mocked by the people in charge of him. Ali had a similar experience on 205 Live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Rarity posted:

He even sent the Mountie to jail where he was locked away and mistreated and mocked by the people in charge of him. Ali had a similar experience on 205 Live.

That "Nailz was the babyface all along," theory certainly proved sound in the end.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rarity posted:

:chanpop:

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Hefty Leftist posted:

can't believe Randy Orton is 40, he wrestles and feels like he's about to turn 50

A grave insult to Suzuki and Mochizuki right here.

the_Vandal
Feb 7, 2004

You make me wanna cry
You make me wanna die
I love you, I love you, I love you,
I love you, I love you
Night Man

Rarity posted:

Yikes. He was definitely ahead of the curve in showing us all that ACAB. Especially when he crashed a funeral for big nasty Paul Wight's dead ol' daddy.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Down from 2.028 the week before.

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1300888154287665152?s=19

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
roman reigns

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

geez you'd think they'd be getting a bump from a ppv the night before, i mean its a highly anticipated event that resolved a lot of storylines satisfyingly right?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Rarity posted:

It was also implied he was about to be raped by a fellow inmate.

Sanguinia posted:

That "Nailz was the babyface all along," theory certainly proved sound in the end.

Well, he did attack Vince and try to choke him to death, so...

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

DA BIG DOG

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I feel bad for Ali, but The NEW Daniel Bryan vs Kofi was a fantastic match and moment in a sea of poo poo (not giving any credit to WWE for the build, anything good came from DB and The New Day)

A good company would have gotten the ball rolling on Ali again after he was healed but, lol

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

How would ya’ll feel if Retribution was a vehicle for CM Punk’s return?

I like Punk but I don’t know how i’d feel. He was always kinda sloppy and he’s getting up there in age. It might save the angle for some though he still has a lot of fans.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Eat My Fuc posted:

I like Punk but I don’t know how i’d feel. He was always kinda sloppy and he’s getting up there in age. It might save the angle for some though he still has a lot of fans.

CM Punk coming back is possibly the single biggest angle the WWE could potentially put on to capture fan interest (within the realm of actual possibility, so not "vince mcmahon is publicly fired while weeping uncontrollably" or something) so I feel like having it share time with any other angle would be kind of a waste--Punk wouldn't need it and his return would immediately overshadow whatever it was paired with.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Eat My Fuc posted:

I've never bought into the CM Punk Hype as much as most people on this forum (he just never impressed me in the ring, even though his promos were great) so I can't imagine getting invested in him given the state of WWE.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

They make this man wrestle with a shirt on

Eat My Fuc posted:

I don't think you can have Punk return until fans are attending live shows again

Plus Punk already had a run with a lovely version of Nexus, he doesn't need another one

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

in fairness, isnt that gif like 8 years old and at least one emergency hernia problem ago? i bet he does have a shameful gut now. not that thats a problem. to a normal person. but this is a body business. brother.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

They let Kofi wrestle without a shirt and his chest is hosed

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kofi wrestles shirtless yet Big E keeps the big pecs confined within a singlet

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

was roman shirtless in hobbes & shaw

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Alaois posted:

was roman shirtless in hobbes & shaw

Hm yeah

Covered his stomach and he looks softer. On the other hand his gym pics while he was out look like he slimmed up quite a bit

Doesn't help that he's standing next to a guy who uses horse steroids

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Mustafa's tweet

https://twitter.com/AliWWE/status/1300861654100520962?s=19

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
cm punk coming back would be the dumbest loving poo poo

hey i know i got hot complaining about all these things that havent been resolved in any way, but now I'M the part timer who gets to main event wrestlemania so it's ok

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

roman looks better shirtless now than he ever has. i've analyized this image using xray technology.

he is extremely well-defined and jacked, as well as being a honking big piece of beef.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
oh god they brought the cgi dog head back too???

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Eat My Fuc posted:

It would just be Punk and a bunch of jobbers. It would fizzle and Punk would get pissy and quit. But I do think it's a possibility.

Here is my pitch: As much as I hate to say it, IF they built it up correctly. IF. And obviously they wouldn't, but IF! what if Shane is behind Retribution. He's been running RAW Underground to see who has what it takes to go to battle to take WWE down. And Shane tells us we haven't seen everyone who has fought in Underground. It ends up being a combination of bitter perennial midcards like Dolph and Shelton, plus the return of people fired during the plague. They all want their retribution, including Shane for not getting the company and losing it to his sister and her husband. Then he wipes his hands of it and says that he did his part. "Good luck, Dad!"

Then with a leaderless faction they go nuts. Crazy poo poo they can do because there is no audience. They can burn down the ring. Take a sledgehammer to the fan LED screens. Sabotage the lighting rig above the ring so it crashes down onto the ring and collapses. At the end of a Raw crash a giant truck into the production truck and they go off the air. Let the Resistance do shoot interviews on everything.

And whoever is the best talker can give the line: "We're sick of trying to grab the brass ring. We're taking the gold ring."

Just go nuts and build to Survivor Series: War Zone.

Sorry for the fantasy booking, but it just came to me and I wanted to tell people.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sad old hypocrite Punk returning is the perfect culmination to his character arc.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
aces & 5'8s doesnt have a balaclava that'll fit babatunde

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Ad by Khad posted:

aces & 5'8s doesnt have a balaclava that'll fit DABBA-KATO

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

Sad old hypocrite Punk returning is the perfect culmination to his character arc.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

It would be cool if Punk came back because he'd likely be one of the few guys allowed to say his own things and not be over scripted to death.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

NXT 9/1:
  • Detailed Results here.
  • A memorial graphic aired for the late Bullet Bob Armstrong.
  • Breezango and Isaiah "Swerve" Scott defeated El Legado del Fantasma in a six-man street fight.
  • Candice LeRae defeated Kacy Catanzaro in a singles match. Postmatch, LeRae invited Tegan Nox to come have dinner at her house.
  • Rhea Ripley challenged Mercedes Martinez to a cage match. Later in the show, Mercedes accepted and the match will be next week.
  • Timothy Thatcher defeated Bronson Reed by submission following interference by Austin Theory, who has been accused of trying to groom a 13-year-old girl in real life.
  • The 60 Minute Iron Man Fatal Fourway ended in... a draw, when Adam Cole got a last second pin to match Finn Balor's two falls (Gargano and Ciampa had one each).
  • William Regal proclaimed that next week Adam Cole and Finn Balor will face each other in a singles match to decide who is the NXT Champion.
  • Show Discussion here.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Honestly surprised it wasn't a 4-way tie.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jerusalem posted:

NXT 9/1:
  • The 60 Minute Iron Man Fatal Fourway ended in... a draw, when Adam Cole got a last second pin to match Finn Balor's two falls (Gargano and Ciampa had one each).

Whaaa... they actually did worse than I imagined.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Did I hear right? They booked it as a "sudden death" for next week?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Pylons posted:

Did I hear right? They booked it as a "sudden death" for next week?

Nope, one fall to a finish.

Stevel
Dec 25, 2004
These moonlight desires haunt me....

Jerusalem posted:

Nope, one fall to a finish.

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1300976993249484800

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
the only way this feud can end is with A REGULAR MATCH

Chris James 2