Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

teagone posted:

Someone on my twitter timeline pointed out how Rey probably wouldn't be able to stand OT Luke; she'd think he's a whiny, sheltered, entitled brat and I love that take, lmao.

She was able to tolerate Finns whining and obnoxiousness pretty well.

thelaughingman fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Aug 21, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010

Logical1234 posted:

You know, after rewatching Rebels, I got to ask.

Do you think the Lothal Sector is like the Bermuda Triangle to the Empire. This sector of the galaxy that has a tendency of destroying your ships and has a high level of weird Force poo poo that occurs around there? Of sure. Ezra isn’t around to direct the animal show, but those Loth-wolves are still active .

One day we will get some backstory on what the deal was with that darn temples history. Or we won’t and the loth-cats shall laugh at our suffering.

Seriously though, Lothal honestly is somehow more weird to me than Mortis in some aspects because at least the Mortis stuffed was only really experienced by other force users. You could honestly make a decent argument that Mortis was just a weird vision.

The Lothal Force stuff is weird in that the mystical force stuff drags everyone, non-force user or not onto it’s wild ride. Its odd to say the least. Not bad,I actually like it. But it’s definitely... different.

According to the Rebels' Finale the expected Imperial attack after Lothal's liberation. My personal theory is that after all the weird poo poo in those reports and what happened to Thrawn no Admiral in the fleet wanted to go near Lothal. Between the weird transdimensional wolves, the space whales, and the living planet that likes to troll you nobody wants that sector near their life or their career.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Looking fantastic:

https://io9.gizmodo.com/clone-wars-ahsoka-tano-hot-toys-figure-star-wars-colle-1844853413

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

She looks a bit old doesn't she? Her horns are a bit too pointed and long, and her face a bit harsh.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

PriorMarcus posted:

She looks a bit old doesn't she? Her horns are a bit too pointed and long, and her face a bit harsh.

I don't know, I think it looks great. I think she looks older than what they're saying, more in line with Rebels, but that's my favorite look for her anyway. I may have to pick this up.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Sorta looks like Rosario Dawson.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFmh3jlyCEM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C023KsKUQU8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNpOC4ABNUI

"People can't got to Star Wars Land, what should we do?"
"Make animated shorts about the sights and wonders instead?"

Hope this means we get one about making a lightsaber

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

https://twitter.com/GeekTyrant/status/1299859438350802944

Dunno how credible the source is, but here's hoping something official gets shown/announced soon :dance:

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

teagone posted:

https://twitter.com/GeekTyrant/status/1299859438350802944

Dunno how credible the source is, but here's hoping something official gets shown/announced soon :dance:

Holy poo poo, I hope this is true and we finally get some official confirmation of her casting soon.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

thrawn527 posted:

Holy poo poo, I hope this is true and we finally get some official confirmation of her casting soon.

Yeah, it's weird. We're roughly two months out from The Mandalorian S2 dropping and we haven't even gotten a teaser. Really, really, hope it's because they were waiting on filming with Dawson to get the Ahsoka footage. If it's true, ending the S2 trailer with an Ahsoka (and old-man Rex?) tease for the button would own so hard.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

teagone posted:

Yeah, it's weird. We're roughly two months out from The Mandalorian S2 dropping and we haven't even gotten a teaser. Really, really, hope it's because they were waiting on filming with Dawson to get the Ahsoka footage. If it's true, ending the S2 trailer with an Ahsoka (and old-man Rex?) tease for the button would own so hard.

gently caress, it really would, especially with Morrison as Rex.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
I don't get it - Rosario didn't shoot her scenes yet? I thought MandoS2 wrapped filming before covid shut everything down?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

OldSenileGuy posted:

I don't get it - Rosario didn't shoot her scenes yet? I thought MandoS2 wrapped filming before covid shut everything down?

Lucasfilm has been pretty tightlipped about Rosario's casting. It was only announced she was going to appear in S2 back in March, which was also when they wrapped filming. I could see it being possible that they cast Rosario fairly late in the game and maybe scheduling conflicts prevented her flying out to wheverever they were shooting. Once they wrapped, I'm guessing she couldn't film her scenes/cameo/whatever due to COVID ramping up at the time.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

teagone posted:

Lucasfilm has been pretty tightlipped about Rosario's casting. It was only announced she was going to appear in S2 back in March, which was also when they wrapped filming. I could see it being possible that they cast Rosario fairly late in the game and maybe scheduling conflicts prevented her flying out to wheverever they were shooting. Once they wrapped, I'm guessing she couldn't film her scenes/cameo/whatever due to COVID ramping up at the time.

Honestly I'm really hoping they recast her... it feels so gross to have a transphobe playing one of my favourite Star Wars characters. :(

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

OldSenileGuy posted:

There’s been semi-credible rumors going around for a while that the Ahsoka/Rex appearances this season may be limited to a single episode or maybe even a single scene as a tease for some future show/project, so it’s possible they had always planned to shoot it fairly late in production.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

jassa posted:

Honestly I'm really hoping they recast her... it feels so gross to have a transphobe playing one of my favourite Star Wars characters. :(

This is my opinion too. The lady is a violent transphobe and nothing has been said about it.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, I was really excited for Dawson til I heard about that whole shitshow :( she's a good actress, but that's not enough to make me overlook something like that.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

The interesting thing is Disney has to be aware of the suit and know the potential consequences of "officially" casting her without some kind of make-good.

Or this recent rumored block of shooting was simply because they recast the role, and now they're having to do a bunch of inserts and pickups. :shrug:

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Aug 31, 2020

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

jassa posted:

Wait i didn't hear about this, what happened? She went all JK Rowling or something?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

twistedmentat posted:

Wait i didn't hear about this, what happened? She went all JK Rowling or something?

It’s an ongoing lawsuit from a former employee/housekeeper. Sounds like a strange situation where she comes out looking pretty bad, but I don’t think we’ve heard her side of the story.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

OldSenileGuy posted:

I think the rumors are that there were shots being filmed specifically for the trailer, which wouldn't be for the series itself (like the shot of Jyn at the end of the Rogue One trailer, which was just something cool Gareth Edwards wanted to shoot, but didn't actually have a place anywhere in the movie)

Also, actors sometimes don't get announced as part of a show's cast until they're in the end credits, especially if it's supposed to be a surprise role or just a cameo. In this case, I wouldn't expect anything about Ahsoka to be confirmed until she actually appears on screen.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

twistedmentat posted:

https://www.them.us/story/dedrek-finley-accused-rosario-dawson-workplace-discrimination

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/disneyplus/status/1301158108740296707?s=21

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

God dammit. I got really excited this was going to turn into a trailer for a second.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW7Twd85m2g

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

No Ahsoka
0/10

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
A boat! In Star Wars!!!

I wonder if the ice planet is Hoth. There's some smashed up gear behind the Mando in one shot that could be remains of Echo Base. Star Was Explained speculates that its Illum but when we see it as Starkiller base it is less of a ice desert and more like Canada in Febuary.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

My first thought was Illum as well.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Rumor mill is trying to make that one woman into Ahsoka through the magic of blurry images because they don't know there's an HD YouTube version, while others are saying it's Sabine

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Vinylshadow posted:

Rumor mill is trying to make that one woman into Ahsoka through the magic of blurry images because they don't know there's an HD YouTube version, while others are saying it's Sabine

The cloaked woman who disappears? Lmao if they're saying that's Ahsoka. You can't see her montrals through the cloak ffs, lol.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Apparently the hooded woman is played by Sasha Banks. I hope she's not Sabine tbh.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

What about Bo-Katan? Although I’d figure Bo-Katan would’ve at least had her helmet, like when she was following Ahsoka.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I figure for Bo they’d probably just use Katee Sackhoff.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I figure for Bo they’d probably just use Katee Sackhoff.

They are https://deadline.com/2020/05/mandal...tan-1202932734/

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

How old should Bo be by that point, like late 40s-early 50s?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

It's funny that when Din Djarin responds with "where?" in the trailer, it looks like the Bantha is saying it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
A lot of people seem to be thinking Sasha Banks is Sabine. Uh so all non-white people are interchangeable? Sabine is asian, and Sasha Banks is black. I know nerds rush to be the one who guesses things right but think about it for a moment.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

For maximum confusion, maybe Asuka is Sabine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

twistedmentat posted:

A lot of people seem to be thinking Sasha Banks is Sabine. Uh so all non-white people are interchangeable? Sabine is asian, and Sasha Banks is black. I know nerds rush to be the one who guesses things right but think about it for a moment.

I don’t even think Sabine is going to be in this season. Even the insane batshit clearly-making-it-up “leakers” rarely mention her. Banks is almost certainly playing some new character.