Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

DkHelmet posted:

Went to Costco and got a birthday 1/4 lb all beef hot dog with soda (and free refill). PBUC.

Also apparently they no longer carry Oral-B toothbrushes. What the hell.

I just returned the new oral b two pack because the pressure sensor red LED is like a goddamn disco party. It's way too bright to be useful. So, they had them last week?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
Oral-B replacement heads are in the upcoming warehouse savings, so they aren't dumping Oral-B.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Went to the co today and got a bag of dogfood and a flat of canned dog food. If my pup likes this food it'll be great because the Kirkland dog food is really cheap and is allegedly high quality

Pbuc

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I dunno what I bought but I spent $450 today

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Renegret posted:

costco.txt

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Went to the co today and got a bag of dogfood and a flat of canned dog food. If my pup likes this food it'll be great because the Kirkland dog food is really cheap and is allegedly high quality

Pbuc

We use Kirkland wet and dry food, it’s good stuff. I’ve been stiffed a can in the wet flat packs twice though so double check before you grab it.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
that Ultra Premium Vanilla ice cream is insane, it’s so creamy you can smell it. I never realized that I haven’t smelled that in years, it smells like ice cream did at grandma’s house when I was a little kid. I guess other brands (apart from maybe like Haagen Daaz or whatever) must have really cranked down the milk fat content over the years.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Renegret posted:

The best is when you do this and still have to go to the supermarket to make dinner.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug
Costco: I dunno what I bought but I spent $450 today

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Chinatown posted:

The best is when you do this and still have to go to the supermarket to make dinner.

Dinner's not a $1.50 hot dog and soda combo?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Renegret posted:

nope

it's two

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Renegret posted:

No it’s a combo and a slice.

Maybe a churro or sundae if you are feeling particularly froggy.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Renegret posted:

It’s a CostCo miracle :pray:

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010
I bought and broke down the 40 lb box of chicken last night. It took forever to vacuum pack it because I couldn't keep the chicken at slushy cold during packing, which meant that there were a bunch of failed seals and double bagging. Anyone got any tips?

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

I bought and broke down the 40 lb box of chicken last night. It took forever to vacuum pack it because I couldn't keep the chicken at slushy cold during packing, which meant that there were a bunch of failed seals and double bagging. Anyone got any tips?

When ever I've got large quantities that will take more than ~5ish minutes, I tend to do this:
Make the bags, toss the chicken in, keep frozen/re-freeze/chill/dry, then seal and return to freezer.

I can wipe out the bag, make sure it's clean and most of the juiceshave re-frozen and you can seal it before the product starts to terribly get hit by ice crystals.

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010
About how long do you re-freeze?

I'm also thinking some kind of receptacle to hold the bags while packing would help avoiding getting chicken juice errywhere.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

About how long do you re-freeze?

I'm also thinking some kind of receptacle to hold the bags while packing would help avoiding getting chicken juice errywhere.

15-20m or so jsut to get the stuff that started thawing on the way home to re-solidify.

You can also do a pre-suck with a folded paper towel in the bag to catch most of the juices, then remove, re-suck and seal.

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010
I tried the paper towel, it was still just too juicy. I think the suggested 1-2 hours in the freezer before sealing just doesn't cut it when it's 40 lbs, I think it needs to be more like 3-4 hours, or more.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

I tried the paper towel, it was still just too juicy. I think the suggested 1-2 hours in the freezer before sealing just doesn't cut it when it's 40 lbs, I think it needs to be more like 3-4 hours, or more.

I've found that 1-2 is fine if it's individually bagged, and you keep the rest in the freezer as you work.
I did use a chest freezer to hold it while working tho, vs loading my bottom freezer.

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010
OK, but how long do you have it set in in the freezer, unportioned, beforehand?

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

I freeze it in unsealed portions spread out in the freezer best i can to quick chill.

Buy giant bag of chicken at Costco. (Thawed, and not the IQF stuff right?)
Bring it home.
Make a bunch of bags.
Portion into the bag.
Do a juice suck.
Put the bag in the freezer for 1-2 hours/until the exterior has frozen/juices.
Repeat with each bag.
Remove, seal, and return bags to freezer.

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010
I want to buy a bunch of something like these except more like 10-12" tall, so I can fold the bag into it like a trash can and then bag everything with a quickness.

Good thing I got two months to prepare for next time!

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Just stop eating meat all together and you can avoid all of that pain ahahaaa

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
really wish they carried a Kirkland brand cat food, I feed my kitties the Kirkland dry stuff but you're supposed to supplement that with some wet food since all-dry is hard on kitties kidneys (they take in a lot of water from the food they eat and if it's all dry they tend not to get enough).

the friskies or whatever they carry isn't very well-priced.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

I've never heard that

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

Give the cat a fountain to make it like drinking more, supplementing with wet isn't necessary unless a vet has told you to. I buy the wet food because one of my cats takes meds twice a day and we reward him with treats in the morning and 1/3 can at night -- the rest gets split between my other cats so they behave.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Lord Zedd-Repulsa posted:

Give the cat a fountain to make it like drinking more, supplementing with wet isn't necessary unless a vet has told you to. I buy the wet food because one of my cats takes meds twice a day and we reward him with treats in the morning and 1/3 can at night -- the rest gets split between my other cats so they behave.

Yeah, wet food will help you get more moisture into a cat that doesn't drink, but if you have a good drinker, you're fine.

My cat does drink from her bowl by the food, but not a whole lot. On the other hand, she just guzzles water from a mug on the end table by the couch. Cats man, they're weirdos

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

Iron Crowned posted:

Yeah, wet food will help you get more moisture into a cat that doesn't drink, but if you have a good drinker, you're fine.

My cat does drink from her bowl by the food, but not a whole lot. On the other hand, she just guzzles water from a mug on the end table by the couch. Cats man, they're weirdos

Yeah, I have two pet water dishes, and their favorite is the drinking glass relegated to cat use on the table. Much like a toddler, if you steal the food/water from a big human, it tastes better!

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
I also have a decoy water glass that sits on the dining table because if we don't, our cat will drink from ours the moment they hit the table.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

My stupid loving cat only drinks water fresh from the sink tap and will sit there and meow his stupid face off until you turn it on for him to very daintily take laps of water for the next 10 minutes.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Our morning routine is the cat drinking the shower water from the safety of behind the curtain liner while it warms up. He also gets pets and stretches on the wall while I sit on the toilet beforehand. I'm sure he thinks I only turn on the water because he asks and does a stretch.

Off to the Big C!

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Renegret posted:

lmao

* cart full of jamons *

"Yeah, its weird idk"

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
its been awhile since the thread title wasn't overtly sexual

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Oh drat if the Jamon comes back... I won't even blink, just straight to cart. My wife just swore off pork and I don't care I'll eat it alone.

Speaking of, I got that pork jerky as my own private snack.

And! I have Kirkland Signature coursing thru my veins! I got a flu shot! I'm at least protected from one thing in the year I'm least likely to get it!

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
When I get my flu shot at Costco I'm going to ask them to give me a shot of hot dog water as well.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
The Costco $20 Flu Shot and Hot Dog Water (with refill).

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

fischtick posted:

The Costco $20 Flu Shot and Hot Dog Water (with refill).

I'd like to know more about this Hot Dog Water.

Is that a secret menu item?

Free refill seems nice though. I can never get enough hot dog water.

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

:chaostrump:
And for the ambitious

fischtick posted:

The Costco $20 Hot Dog Water Shot and Flu (with refill).

naem
May 29, 2011

costco organic peanut butter has no ingredients beside peanuts and salt and it doesn’t seem to separate all yucky like most natural PB and it’s real good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

lmao

* cart full of jamons *

"Yeah, its weird idk"

I've never seen a jamon at my Costco but you can bet I'd buy one if I ever did