Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KVeezy3
Aug 18, 2005

Airport Music for Black Folk

teh_Broseph posted:

This T7 Jin combo video is p rad https://youtu.be/E8bj3y6KFLs

filthy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Live Free posted:

what's everybody's favorite left/right mixup

It's more of a gimmick but

https://twitter.com/ShadyDelicioso/status/1104220937195540480

Sick! Thats DOPE
Aug 1, 2008

Oh sick man thats sick

Victory Position posted:

it could look a little more like this

we all know what the ref is my dude. they obv don't wanna get sued by the incredibly lawsuit happy gigantic entertainment company

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Chev posted:

An stream earlier this year confirmed it's sold over two million copies.

As for why they aren't doing anything with Skullgirls, as far as I can tell they're really nothing but a bare bones company sitting on the brand and collecting the mobile game's money these days, so I'd guess they don't have the resources to fund a new game and another publisher wouldn't want to fund it for them.

So odd to see a successful game not get a sequel in today's market. :(

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
Just keep in mind there's a nuance in success between "we sold two millions" and "a lot of it was at a discount and it took eight years, at least one lawsuit which left the parent company a near empty husk, and not paying the staff which left the initial developer to finish the game and is leaving again by the way". I love Skullgirls dearly but let's not pretend the game would've reached two millions in the state it was in when it came out, and even that had the better of a year of unpaid work done on it.

Not to mention that in the early years the game pitched itself as the result of the union of the skills of Ahad (kicked out) and Mike Z (pushed everyone else out), so to any investor from the "Deus Ex creator Warren Spector says many tend to attribute games to a single person" group it's gonna be an even harder sell now.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Chev posted:

Just keep in mind there's a nuance in success between "we sold two millions" and "a lot of it was at a discount and it took eight years, at least one lawsuit which left the parent company a near empty husk, and not paying the staff which left the initial developer to finish the game and is leaving again by the way". I love Skullgirls dearly but let's not pretend the game would've reached two millions in the state it was in when it came out, and even that had the better of a year of unpaid work done on it.

Not to mention that in the early years the game pitched itself as the result of the union of the skills of Ahad (kicked out) and Mike Z (pushed everyone else out), so to any investor from the "Deus Ex creator Warren Spector says many tend to attribute games to a single person" group it's gonna be an even harder sell now.

I agree with the heavy discount argument, but to also be fair many people purchased Second Encore which didn't have heavy discounts.

But yeah I agree with everything else. Very sad as the IP is pretty popular.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Just sell Skullgirls to Arcsys.

This applies to most things, also.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
https://twitter.com/Bry19Demon/status/1300808264637190144

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

looks like a bad game

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

P-Mack posted:

looks like a bad game

Agreed, maybe some day people will make a good game with parries, but probably not

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Countblanc posted:

Agreed, maybe some day people will make a good game with parries, but probably not
capcom vs snk 2

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Bloomberg is reporting that AT&T is scrapping its proposed $4 billion sale of Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment (and as such, Netherrealm), on account of it being too valuable to give up.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
Injustice 3 confirmed? Animaniacs DLC for MK11?

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

The Kins posted:

Bloomberg is reporting that AT&T is scrapping its proposed $4 billion sale of Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment (and as such, Netherrealm), on account of it being too valuable to give up.

I wonder if they're only scrapping the sale because they couldn't sell at the price they wanted

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah its hard to get 4 billion for something that depends on other peoples ip

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

punk rebel ecks posted:

So odd to see a successful game not get a sequel in today's market. :(

I think that well is pretty much poisoned.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.

P-Mack posted:

looks like a bad game

Ok,. here's a palate cleanser:

https://twitter.com/endyu1/status/868126540977979392

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
https://twitter.com/personasama/status/1301237982532231168

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

What a poo poo stain on humanity.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Because the bridges weren't reduced to total ash and there's a bit more flame to be coaxed out.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Jfc.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
If only Mike Z was better at video games we could have avoided this controversy and let him keep going to majors

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

MikeZ’s an rear end and all but lol at the thought that LabZero would have money to pay severance to even a single person.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

"OK, you either take it or leave it."

"We'll leave, then. You're hosed, man."

*majority leaves*

"We're staying, Mike," says whoever remained out of some sense of loyalty

"I changed my mind, everyone goes, gently caress off"

A Banana
Jun 11, 2013
How do you lay people off without working out severence? Not even in a "Mikes an rear end in a top hat" sense, but if they're employees that can be laid off surely any severence is specified in their contract?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Because it’s way too easy to start a company and have no idea what the gently caress you’re doing. See the majority of tech startups over the last 20 years.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

A Banana posted:

How do you lay people off without working out severence? Not even in a "Mikes an rear end in a top hat" sense, but if they're employees that can be laid off surely any severence is specified in their contract?
Severance isn't a given in the US and stuff like the WARN act is only for bigger companies.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
EDIT: My question got answered while I was typing my post.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
It's depressing how many people (more than 0) base their entire personalities off "gently caress cancel culture" and defend Mike Z even now, because he's a white guy who has to take responsibility for his actions and that's unfair and the employees are just trying to ruin the company he built!!

I wonder why they're so defensive over a socially awkward dude who can't talk to women for 10 seconds without being a creep. :thunk:

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
On one hand, a good chunk is because he still is a known FGC figure and developer and major advocate of better netcode in fighting games, the reason we can brandish Skullgirls and KI around say that look, rollback works great (somehow I don't feel people would find Fantasy Strike as convincing). A huge reason Skullgirls got the attention it got initially was due to his preexisting cred. It just sucks that he has to be such a horrible person, and it takes some work to go from "it just sucks but we have to tolerate him" to "it just sucks but we have to get rid of him".

But also, yeah, the whole thing's gonna attract that whole crowd you speak about and, well, just ignore them, we've already got our hands full with FGC-specific problems (but hey, maybe another year like that will definitely kill the FGC!).

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I have that sad laugh where people not from America don't realize your employer can effectively punch you off the bridge to a pit filled with poverty at any time.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
"at will-employment" is right up there with "cannot go to a doctor for any reason for fear of going bankrupt" and "complete lack of public transportation and services" with things non-americans don't realize are loving busted here, since any reasonable person would start to guess a lack of at least a basic level of functionality

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
What the hell is "severance pay"?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Extra Large Marge posted:

What the hell is "severance pay"?

A compensation expressed in your contract for when you get fired/made redundant. In civilized countries, this is mandatory and related to how long you have been working for the company, so they can't weasel out and not pay you.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

AnonSpore posted:

If only Mike Z was better at video games we could have avoided this controversy and let him keep going to majors

look, there's only so much you can do if you can't win at the game that you made and entered every tournament possible for

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
game developers being good at their own games is a myth anyway

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They're not up for order yet but Sega's doing Astro City USB sticks - they're being made for the Astro City Mini plug and play thing they're putting out in Japan but it's a standard-size stick with genuine parts that you can use wherever.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

flatluigi posted:

game developers being good at their own games is a myth anyway

remember when harada entered evo and rip was laughing about how his feng tech was straight out of tekken 5

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Smoking Crow posted:

remember when harada entered evo and rip was laughing about how his feng tech was straight out of tekken 5

He did better than I thought he would tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Astro City Mini Arcade Stick's up on Amazon - looking at it now, it doesn't actually confirm USB which is weird but I can't imagine it'd use anything else: https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B08H2LH8WK/