Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Uptime Sinclair posted:

i think mint chocolate chip is as close as you get normally. apart from like candy cane ice creams

now my brain is thrashing around trying to figure out if those are different mints. what's the difference between spearmint and peppermint? doublemint gum has made everything alien and otherworldly

...and the song for big red gum will not stop going through my brain now :psyduck:

i bet this is what a computer feels like in an old episode of star trek when they ask it "what is love?" and sparks shoot out of it

prefect fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Sep 3, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
well, spearmint is definitely a specific plant. maybe double mint is just some marketing bs for more=better.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Doublemint is a variety of chewing gum made by the Wrigley Company; according to early advertisements, it is "double strength" peppermint flavored.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

rotor posted:

Doublemint is a variety of chewing gum made by the Wrigley Company; according to early advertisements, it is "double strength" peppermint flavored.

well, poo poo. i had always assumed it was spearmint and peppermint together

i should go buy some wrigley's spearmint -- i used to chew it all the time :corsair:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
true olds chew black jack gum or maybe raw chicle

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

President Beep posted:

the problem with black jack is that it breaks down after you chew it for a few hours

unrelated: i had a poster of tom seaver playing for the reds when i lived in columbus
https://twitter.com/AnthonyDiComo/status/1301319170903232512

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

prefect posted:

now my brain is thrashing around trying to figure out if those are different mints. what's the difference between spearmint and peppermint? doublemint gum has made everything alien and otherworldly

...and the song for big red gum will not stop going through my brain now :psyduck:

i bet this is what a computer feels like in an old episode of star trek when they ask it "what is love?" and sparks shoot out of it

Peppermint has more menthol and is therefore better than spearmint.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

prefect posted:

unrelated: i had a poster of tom seaver playing for the reds when i lived in columbus
https://twitter.com/AnthonyDiComo/status/1301319170903232512
This article doesn't mention it but he died of "complications of Lewy body dementia and COVID-19"

https://baseballhall.org/discover/hall-of-fame-pitcher-tom-seaver-passes-away

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

President Beep posted:

beeman’s gum ever since rocketeer

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

where do you even buy beemans gum? I've never seen it in the store

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Uptime Sinclair posted:

i think mint chocolate chip is as close as you get normally. apart from like candy cane ice creams

peppermint ice cream is the best thing about the holiday season imo

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

I’m gonna have to say it’s actually sherry, op.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i like plain vanilla. superman bitd

Achmed Jones posted:

where do you even buy beemans gum? I've never seen it in the store

you have to go to a popcorn shop/penny candy shop

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

wow grandpa do you take your hoop and stick with you?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

woah. i just remembered all of these old rear end arcade games that they used to have at cedar point. like mechanical amusement poo poo.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

prefect posted:

when i lived in columbus

I am truley sorry for your lots

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

President Beep posted:

I’m gonna have to say it’s actually sherry, op.

eh, you would say that, wouldnt you?

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

aww, that beer was swept with the rest of the old or cheap brands into the weird (inbev?) sub conglomerate under pbr

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

graph posted:

you have to go to a popcorn shop/penny candy shop
small town news stands are usually a good bet

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I mean, mint chocolate chip is mint with chocolate chips added, so mint ice cream obviously exists, separate from chocolate adulterant?

:shrug:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Big Ice Cream won’t let it happen though. kinda line the car that runs in water.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

President Beep posted:

Big Ice Cream won’t let it happen though. kinda line the car that runs in water.

You mean a boat?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

3D Megadoodoo posted:

You mean a boat?

delete this

rotor
Jun 11, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
beep doesn't know about boats, pass it on

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

it says president beep not president boat

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Captain Foo posted:

it says president beep not president boat
:mods:

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

rotor posted:

beep doesn't know about boats, pass it on

lol does he know about the cars that fly?

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
spearmint and peppermint are different plants, you can grow both of them easy on your balcony too

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Roosevelt posted:

lol does he know about the cars that fly?

Oh you mean F1?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

DELETE CASCADE posted:

spearmint and peppermint are different plants, you can grow both of them easy on your balcony too

Sweep your balcony jesus christ

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Sweep your balcony jesus christ
But then there'd be no peppermint

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

loving hell. waking up some mornings with headache/body aches all over, espresso in my joints. don’t think I’m ill but they feel like the aches you get when you have the flu or something. happens maybe once a week.

:negative:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

President Beep posted:

loving hell. waking up some mornings with headache/body aches all over, espresso in my joints. don’t think I’m ill but they feel like the aches you get when you have the flu or something. happens maybe once a week.

:negative:

I know these feel.

:sympathy:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Schadenboner posted:

I know these feel.

:sympathy:

it’s hosed up. I always assumed aches and pains for old were like muscle stiffness like what you get after exercising. not this poo poo that feels like the grippe. stupid bullshit existence.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

President Beep posted:

it’s hosed up. I always assumed aches and pains for old were like muscle stiffness like what you get after exercising. not this poo poo that feels like the grippe. stupid bullshit existence.

Yesterday I was playing with the kids and it somehow devolved into me doing reps of pushups with two of them on my back. Today I found out I'm too sore and stiff to wipe my rear end without pain.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Yesterday I was playing with the kids and it somehow devolved into me doing reps of pushups with two of them on my back. Today I found out I'm too sore and stiff to wipe my rear end without pain.

lol. buy a hoverboard next.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

I've reached the "stretch and limber up before taking a dump" stage of my life.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

it’s like that time my sciatica flared up because i coughed wrong

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

President Beep posted:

it’s like that time my sciatica flared up because i coughed wrong

I've done that by sneezing hard enough. The first time it happened I was pissed off because I thought "This is it, I'm going to die from a sneeze".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
no the cool thing about aches and pains is they won't kill you. enjoy suffering until something else does though!