Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MarcusSA posted:

I'd like to know more about this Hot Dog Water.

Is that a secret menu item?

Free refill seems nice though. I can never get enough hot dog water.

It's actually hot dog PG/VG.

I arguably spent $251.50 today. But actually it was just insurance covering eye exam + glasses. And then a dog & soda, PBUC. I almost got these almost gaudy swarovski frames that were twice the price of the Lucky frames I ended up with. But the Lucky ones were a bit more comfortable and more my style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

MarcusSA posted:

I'd like to know more about this Hot Dog Water.

Is that a secret menu item?

Free refill seems nice though. I can never get enough hot dog water.

Okay totally unrelated to Costco but because of covid WFH and no boss looking over my shoulder, I spend a lot of time watching YouTube at work. Specifically cooking shows. Bon Appetit treats pasta water as the holy grail of cooking and anyways make use of it and it's something that stuck with me.

One day I was boiling some hot dogs and randomly thought the dumping the hot dog water was such a waste because of all the flavor in there and unironically starting thinking about what I can use it for. It took longer than I'd like to admit to come to my senses and realize how gross that was.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Renegret posted:

Okay totally unrelated to Costco but because of covid WFH and no boss looking over my shoulder, I spend a lot of time watching YouTube at work. Specifically cooking shows. Bon Appetit treats pasta water as the holy grail of cooking and anyways make use of it and it's something that stuck with me.

One day I was boiling some hot dogs and randomly thought the dumping the hot dog water was such a waste because of all the flavor in there and unironically starting thinking about what I can use it for. It took longer than I'd like to admit to come to my senses and realize how gross that was.

Wrong! Use it to thicken up sauces and add umami flavor. It could be a base for ramen noodles.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
As a NYC native, the only non gross use of hot dog water is to cook more hot dogs in a nasty rear end food cart. Never replacing the water, just adding more when it gets low, until you have a liquid that's more hot dog than water and not completely unlike a sourdough starter.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Iron Crowned posted:

Yeah, wet food will help you get more moisture into a cat that doesn't drink, but if you have a good drinker, you're fine.

My cat does drink from her bowl by the food, but not a whole lot. On the other hand, she just guzzles water from a mug on the end table by the couch. Cats man, they're weirdos

Mine prefer to dip their paws into the dogs’ water bowl and suck the water off

Whatever man

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

Renegret posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0E0ynyIUsg
more hot dog than water

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Regular hot dog water is gross and should be poured down the drain. But if I ever get my hands on Costco hot dog water I will inject it directly into my veins, and if I could get a substantial amount of it I would bathe in it as well. I think that putting that stuff into my bloodstream could end up being my superhero origin story.

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

:chaostrump:
Can't wait to find LaCroix in hot dog flavor.
The belches will be awesome.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Speaking of LaCroix, I tried the Kirkland flavored sparkling and La Croix back2back and LaCroix is definitely better.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
But is it better enough to cost twice as much?

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Speaking of disgusting beverages, today one of my coworkers had Lacroix coconut cola and it's one of those things if I saw it on the rack at Costco, I'd recoil in horror like "who the everloving gently caress would buy this?!"

My coworker, apparently.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Inspector 34 posted:

But is it better enough to cost twice as much?

In my opinion no, and that's why I buy the Kirkland. It's like $8 for a 36 pack. There's like 4 or 5 brands that I like better but the price for the Kirkland sparking water is too good to pass up.

But also, the ice mountain sparking water is on sale right now and I like that more than the Kirkland, so I'll probably buy that sometime this week.

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

The belches were only like 60% of the LaCroix when I tried the Waterloo.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

13Pandora13 posted:

Speaking of disgusting beverages, today one of my coworkers had Lacroix coconut cola and it's one of those things if I saw it on the rack at Costco, I'd recoil in horror like "who the everloving gently caress would buy this?!"

My coworker, apparently.

the coconut lacroix is by far the best flavor. makes your pee smell like coconut too

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Chinatown posted:

Speaking of LaCroix, I tried the Kirkland flavored sparkling and La Croix back2back and LaCroix is definitely better.

We disagree on this point citizen.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

naem posted:

costco organic peanut butter has no ingredients beside peanuts and salt and it doesn’t seem to separate all yucky like most natural PB and it’s real good

Is it the one that comes in huge jar? I just bought an immersion blender and one of the things people suggesting using it for is to fully mix in oil in natural PB.

naem
May 29, 2011

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I once had a single can of LaCroix on back order from Amazon for 3 months and they gave up and cancelled it.

I feel that is the ultimate LaCroix experience.

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live
bought a nice stock pot and talked about root beer w/ the cashier :)

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

shadow puppet of a posted:

I once had a single can of LaCroix on back order from Amazon for 3 months and they gave up and cancelled it.

I feel that is the ultimate LaCroix experience.

Yes. It really is. Backordered from Amazon is my new favorite Lacroix flavor, displacing shy watermelon.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Lacroix and sparkling water loving sucks but Costco hot dogs are geeatt

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

Citrus LaCroix is really good

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i like carbonated water it feels all tingly in my mouf :kiddo:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
My favorite flavor of carbonated water is unflavored.

I'm completely serious.

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

Lacroix alcoholic cider on the other hand is flavourful and delicious so maybe that's where all the flavour molecules go in the lacroix factory

DkHelmet
Jul 10, 2001

I pity the foal...

I get unflavored seltzer in the quart bottles and pour a splash of pomegranate juice in it.

:shrug:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
'la croix' is french for 'the croicks'

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

KakerMix posted:

My favorite flavor of carbonated water is unflavored.

I'm completely serious.

I agree with you 100%. A cold, unflavored carbonated water is absolutely delicious and refreshing.

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

Personally I think Kirkland Signature bottled water tastes better than Sam's Club bottled water. It's a matter of personal discretion really, but the Sam's Club water tastes like Atlanta water and the Kirkland water tastes like Sacramento water. Completely different to the trained enthusiast.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
The only carbonated water i like is Coors Light

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
I bought a SodaStream and now I drink a litre of tonic water a day.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

The Midniter posted:

I agree with you 100%. A cold, unflavored carbonated water is absolutely delicious and refreshing.

I'm waiting for Costco to sell Topo Chico.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Lazyhound posted:

I bought a SodaStream and now I drink a litre of tonic water a day.

*Club soda

Tonic water is different, has something weird in it that I don't understand that also gives it as many calories as normal soda.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

Propaganda Machine posted:

*Club soda

Tonic water is different, has something weird in it that I don't understand that also gives it as many calories as normal soda.

Quinine and sugar, and you can absolutely do it at home.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Ah, my bad!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Also good for malaria!

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

Propaganda Machine posted:

*Club soda

Looking this up lead me to to realize they sell different formulations in the US and Canada for some reason. I hope they never switch to artificial sweeteners here, it ruins their cola syrup.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Chinatown posted:

I'm waiting for Costco to sell Topo Chico.

do you remember when Costco sold 24pks of Mexican Coca-colas for like $20 buckos? Those were the days. :smith:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

do you remember when Costco sold 24pks of Mexican Coca-colas for like $20 buckos? Those were the days. :smith:

we always got a pack for family BBQs and stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
What makes tonic water taste different from soda water is (a minuscule, non-medically-effective) amount of quinine. That tastes bitter and then a sweetener is added. In cheap tonic that will be corn syrup, in fancier ones it will be cane sugar or something.

There is also diet tonic water, which uses aspartame like a diet soda.

At one point in time Sodastream made both diet and regular tonic mixes, dunno if they still do, but they were always tough to find. You can also get 2 liters of tonic from Kroger, but they do go flat very fast once opened and even unopened do not store. Wet well (flavor goes off within a few months).