Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
that’s the kind of chair i spin around and sit on backwards when i want to “rap” with some kids.

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

every day is a new horror

I have ikea's Marcus chair, it's good and cheap

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
i have this.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0816FYYN6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_d2quFb063DZBE

slapped a good set of wheels on it and it works out well.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

lol a "gamer" chair?

maybe you all should get right with the one true "gamer chair"

that's right, jesus christ

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

also the correct "gamer chair" is a couch

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

RustyKnight posted:

I have ikea's Marcus chair, it's good and cheap

i have had this for years, finally took the arms off recently and it's way more comfortable

love the chair tho

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

psiox posted:

finally took the arms off recently

wouldn't this stress your lower neck?

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Cat Face Joe posted:

maybe you all should get right with the one true "gamer chair"

that's right, jesus christ

psiox posted:

i have had this for years, finally took the arms off recently and it's way more comfortable

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
if it does, my stress level is so high that it barely registers

i have had less of the Loafer's Palsy, though- my pinkies used to twitch occasionally, hasn't happened since I made that change. probably pinched something :/

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

what were the odds

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

clearly not set in america; our jesus exercised his right to bear arms

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

There's so many great little details in disco Elysium. The white polo shirt gives you + rhetoric - empathy lol

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

oh, hey, it’s art.

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

clearly not set in america; our jesus exercised his right to bear arms

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

psiox posted:

We get it, you burg

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Cat Face Joe posted:

also the correct "gamer chair" is a couch

yeah but nerds think chair computre is better to gently caress and cume in than sofa computre. probably fooled by propaganda from Big Eames.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

President Beep posted:

oh, hey, it’s art.

now it’s matt

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Uptime Sinclair posted:

now it’s matt
now its bob

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

FMguru posted:

now its bob

:mmmhmm:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

holy poo poo

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

badass christ

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

pointsofdata posted:

There's so many great little details in disco Elysium. The white polo shirt gives you + rhetoric - empathy lol

disco elysium is extremely my poo poo. Best james I've played in years

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

President Beep posted:

oh, hey, it’s art.

Jesus, where art?

Thou.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Weedle posted:

this describes most of the games on my phone too. it's really unfortunate what happened to mobile gaming. everyone having a powerful, gaming-capable pocket computer on them at all times could have been cool but the way the market shook out you basically get three types of games

- f2p gacha nightmares
- ports of old console/pc games, covered in virtual gamepad buttons, often buggy and poorly-supported
- polished, unique, thoughtfully-presented indie games designed with great care specifically for touchscreens (two of these a year tops)

circling back around to this to highlight bethesda's continuing great work on doom 1 & 2 for iphone. here's today's control update

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Sagebrush posted:

apparently the wright flyer was extremely unstable and only the wrights could fly it and even then only for like 20 minutes at a time. just having to constantly, instantly react to keep the plane in line, like balancing a broom on your chin.

more like wrong flyer

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

https://timsthebomb.com
More like wrong unit, it flew for 20 seconds not minutes

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

https://timsthebomb.com
Disco Elysium is pretty good. It reminds me that reading, widely accepted as a chore, is sometimes worth it.

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

Remastered tony hawk is an epic game store exclusive :argh:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

TimWinter posted:

More like wrong unit, it flew for 20 seconds not minutes

they had several planes called the Flyer. the first one barely qualifies as being flown at all; it went 800 feet in a straight line, 5 feet off the ground, then was destroyed in a gust of wind later that day.

they only attempted turns with the later flyers and found them to be extremely unstable. (though admittedly they had little to compare them to and it was several years before they realized the advantages of a tailed configuration)

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Asleep Style posted:

Remastered tony hawk is an epic game store exclusive :argh:

christ i hope that's on a time limit

the only james i have bought through their store is snowrunner, which is super fun but i absolutely regret giving in to epic

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

what makes epic worse than any other digital game store? the whole spat with Apple is dumb but people have hated epic for a long time and I don't really get why

note that i haven't played computer games on the regular since well before the epic store existed so I'm pretty out of the loop

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

Weedle posted:

circling back around to this to highlight bethesda's continuing great work on doom 1 & 2 for iphone. here's today's control update

https://i.imgur.com/hXkoe0C.gifv

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Achmed Jones posted:

what makes epic worse than any other digital game store? the whole spat with Apple is dumb but people have hated epic for a long time and I don't really get why

note that i haven't played computer games on the regular since well before the epic store existed so I'm pretty out of the loop

its probably fine now but when they started buying up exclusives it didnt have basic functionality that steam had, but i think they've added most of it.

alot of it is people dont like the exclusivity deals, but from the dev/publisher standpoint its totally understandable when you realize just how much money Epic is paying. pubs/devs get more of a cut then they'd normally get of sales plus the estimated losses from not being on steam plus some additional money. it'd be kind of crazy for a developer or publisher to turn it down. especially since they expire and then you get another bunch of sales on steam.

idk if its working out for epic, but its probably the best strat they could have.

the secret real best alternative to steam by miles and miles is Xbox game pass. Its like all the best games of the last 10 years for $5/month and then some newer ones like FS2020.

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
the epic games software itself is just really obnoxious and usually the worst thing i ever deal with when booting into windows lately

the xbox game pass that came for free with something was surprisingly good though

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i'm not sure how to take this

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

i'm not sure how to take this
cream and two sugars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chestnut santabag