Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
but can you carbonate Bitchin Sauce ?

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
So I ordered coffee from Costco and I get a 5lbs sack of it lmao

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
The “fiesta packs” of coke were what we get here, mix of mexican coke/sprite/orange fanta, they rule.

Wish they had cases of jarritos lime.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

do you remember when Costco sold 24pks of Mexican Coca-colas for like $20 buckos? Those were the days. :smith:

They still do at my store, although it might not be $20 I haven't checked the prices.

Delpino
May 12, 2001
Forum Veteran
Their focaccia loaves sliced in half make amazing bases for pizza.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Delpino posted:

Their focaccia loaves sliced in half make amazing bases for pizza.

Had a taste of this the other day and it was great. I thought the same thing while eating it with a little eggplant parm, so you must be onto something. Very fluffy with an herb crust. Also, like most things at Costco, a great value for what you pay. I think 2 loaves were $6.

The cauliflower rice lemon chicken piccata is also very good if you want something a little healthier. Lots of chicken, little cauliflower rice, you end up with a very good balance that is surprisingly low carb. I wouldn't microwave though. I prefer the oven baked cooking method.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Enos Cabell posted:

They still do at my store, although it might not be $20 I haven't checked the prices.

It was years ago, around 2008 or something. Before the whole, "HIGH FRUCTOSE IS BAD! But these Mexicans sodas still use cane sugar!? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat" hype train. Any soda made outside the U.S is 10 times better than anything we manage to produce...even if theyre the same soda ( i.e coke )

Topo Chico is prob the best carbonated water also, especially for makin Italian cream sodas :discourse:

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

Enos Cabell posted:

They sell it here in the summer sometimes, but now they are half-liter bottles. If you’re not paying attention and buying them for a cookout to hand to little kids, it becomes a problem because all that caffeine and sugar makes their little minds explode.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

It was years ago, around 2008 or something. Before the whole, "HIGH FRUCTOSE IS BAD! But these Mexicans sodas still use cane sugar!? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat" hype train. Any soda made outside the U.S is 10 times better than anything we manage to produce...even if theyre the same soda ( i.e coke )

Topo Chico is prob the best carbonated water also, especially for makin Italian cream sodas :discourse:

I know people who stock up on vanilla from Mexico for the same reasons, insisting it is the real stuff compared to what you buy in the US. Maybe they're right I dunno.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I would agree, but it drives the market prices up. :colbert:

If you're payin more than $1.50 for 1 bottle of Mex Coca Cola you're getting ripped off.

(I would argue if you're paying more than a $1 you're getting ripped off too)

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

fischtick posted:

They sell it here in the summer sometimes, but now they are half-liter bottles. If you’re not paying attention and buying them for a cookout to hand to little kids, it becomes a problem because all that caffeine and sugar makes their little minds explode.

I just picked up a 24-pack of the normal 11oz bottles last week. I would guess it depends on your store/region.

(there is definite variation between stores even in the same region! the suburban store here doesn't carry chest freezers (wat, how would that not be a major seller to the hockey mom crowd) and when I went into the one in town they also had big jars of kimchi that I definitely haven't seen at the suburban store either.)

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

If you're payin more than $1.50 for 1 bottle of Mex Coca Cola you're getting ripped off.

you're paying too much for coke, who's your coke guy?

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Anyone wanna trade Mexican Coke for Bitchin Sauce? Haven't seen any here for months now :cry:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

The Midniter posted:

I agree with you 100%. A cold, unflavored carbonated water is absolutely delicious and refreshing.
Yeah this, and the best part is, it doesn't even have to be cold to be really refreshing. even room temp it's real good. I used to not be a fan but think I really learned to love unflavored carbonated water back in college where I did a study-broad in Rome for the summer at an ye olde kinda cool but lovely apartment without a real fridge and even after taking a shower you'd just start sweating immediately as soon as you stepped out. so i'd just walk down to a local carrefour store and buying pallet of 2L bottles of sparkling water and just start chugging constantly all-day long and drat it was good.

i generally find most flavoring in sparkling water gross (there's something especially nasty about flavorings typically used in grocery-store brands, at least pre-2015), but waterloo and spindrift are pretty great and some la croix are decent. not worth the premium mark-up over buying a flat of crystal geyser or something, but tasty enough that either or is fine.

tonic water is the stupidest poo poo unless its in a cocktail, its just as unhealthy as a soda but tastes gross.

Delpino
May 12, 2001
Forum Veteran

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I know people who stock up on vanilla from Mexico for the same reasons, insisting it is the real stuff compared to what you buy in the US. Maybe they're right I dunno.

Whenever we take a trip to Mexico, we buy a big bottle of vanilla down there. For the price, you get real vanilla and not just vanilla flavoring for pretty cheap. The real stuff in the states is real, but also significantly more expensive.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Made the best wings I’ve ever made in my life by dumping some fridge cold chopped wings into a bowl with a dash of olive oil and random spices into the goddamn airfryer. The family loved them to and elevated them to the status of “birthday food” with a day and date request. My first ever batch. Amazing technology. I can feel years of cooking technique knowledge leaving my body, and I am glad of it.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

They're 13.5% shrimp!

You're 13.5% shrimp

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

After all the waiting for my Midea chest freezer for $260(?) from Costco.com, I went into Costco today and saw a stack of a dozen of them for $169.99.

Wish they'd price match and give me my nearly $100 back.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Ravendas posted:

After all the waiting for my Midea chest freezer for $260(?) from Costco.com, I went into Costco today and saw a stack of a dozen of them for $169.99.

you could try it lol

"hello yes, I'd like to return this chest freezer... and buy another... or you can give me my $90 back"

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Ravendas posted:

They will

I did that with my couch

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

shadow puppet of a posted:

Made the best wings I’ve ever made in my life by dumping some fridge cold chopped wings into a bowl with a dash of olive oil and random spices into the goddamn airfryer. The family loved them to and elevated them to the status of “birthday food” with a day and date request. My first ever batch. Amazing technology. I can feel years of cooking technique knowledge leaving my body, and I am glad of it.

air fryer wings will make a believer out of everyone, yeah

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

hell yeah brother

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Does anyone know if Costco still carries the 12oz cans of cold brew coffee? I’m down to my last 6 and my local store hasn’t had them the last couple trips I’ve been. I’m hoping it wasn’t a one time thing or just seasonal. It’s gone from their website as well. It wasn’t the best cold brew I’ve ever had but it worked out great for my morning ice coffee and was economical.

ITM 4165758 if anyone can check.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Fallom posted:

They will

I did that with my couch

What, just print off the invoice from costco.com and take it in?

I might try that tomorrow.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Ravendas posted:

What, just print off the invoice from costco.com and take it in?

I might try that tomorrow.

pretty much dude, its costco they treat you right

FORUMS USER 1135
Jan 14, 2004

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

It's the wrong time of year, but you can also get coke made with real sugar for Passover at a lot of grocery stores. It has a yellow cap on the bottle.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

skipdogg posted:

Does anyone know if Costco still carries the 12oz cans of cold brew coffee? I’m down to my last 6 and my local store hasn’t had them the last couple trips I’ve been. I’m hoping it wasn’t a one time thing or just seasonal. It’s gone from their website as well. It wasn’t the best cold brew I’ve ever had but it worked out great for my morning ice coffee and was economical.

ITM 4165758 if anyone can check.

I think a while back it was confirmed here that those are GONE

astral
Apr 26, 2004

That Kirkland Signature frozen pizza that comes in a 4pack was surprisingly good; thanks for the recommendation, Costco thread. They only had Four Cheese, so when this gets finished in a couple months I'll try the Pepperoni one next.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

astral posted:

That Kirkland Signature frozen pizza that comes in a 4pack was surprisingly good; thanks for the recommendation, Costco thread. They only had Four Cheese, so when this gets finished in a couple months I'll try the Pepperoni one next.

we always have some costco four cheese in the fridge. The only other frozen pizza I think is good is the target 'archer farms' brand, which is nice and thin.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Ultimate Mango posted:

I think a while back it was confirmed here that those are GONE
I hope it's seasonal because FUUUUUUUUCK.

Also ya basterds weren't lying about the premium ice cream. poo poo's good!

Anyone find the pumpkin streusel muffins at their local church yet???

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

FilthyImp posted:

I hope it's seasonal because FUUUUUUUUCK.

Also ya basterds weren't lying about the premium ice cream. poo poo's good!

Anyone find the pumpkin streusel muffins at their local church yet???

Yes on the SUPER premium ice cream.

I had to stop getting the streusel muffins because they were making me more fatter faster. Not that I’ve slowed down since then. Went to church today. Y’all need those frozen tempura shrimp in your lives.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Ultimate Mango posted:

. Y’all need those frozen tempura shrimp in your lives.
Those are delicious in the air fryer. :fry:

I also recommend the vegan chocolate chip cookie dough in the red container in the frozen foods area. Honestly an excellent alternative to regular cookie dough and the cookies themselves come out nice and crisp.

Pinus Porcus
May 14, 2019

Ranger McFriendly

astral posted:

If you don't mind some extra calories, sprinkle some brewer's yeast on top of the four cheese pizzas before baking. It's amazing.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Enos Cabell posted:

Anyone wanna trade Mexican Coke for Bitchin Sauce? Haven't seen any here for months now :cry:

Bless the coke gods

Delpino
May 12, 2001
Forum Veteran

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Bless the coke gods

The gods must be crazy.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

astral posted:

We didn't like the KS Breadcrumb crust cheese. Through the crust was way too dry.

We do love the KS thin crust pepperoni pizzas. And holy hell they put a lot of pepperoni on there.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

astral posted:

Pick up a pack of sliced pepperoni and throw them on the four cheese pizza. Or sausage. Or veggies...

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
I grabbed a pack of the kirkland pepperoni pizzas for a bachelor party. Cooked 'em while we were all loving hammered drunk. So goddamn good.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

That sounds really good and agreed air fryers are great, what spices did you use?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Soda in glass bottles just tastes better. i'm blessed my corner liquor store has a whole door filled with craft sodas if I want to get my sugar on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I’m gonna look into Costco camping equipment