Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

segal pooped his pants as a grown man and that's OK. it happens everyday all around the world. his baggy trousers allowed the turd to fall out onto the floor and everyone saw it and laughed at him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Great recap of Seagal's career and his current movies
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzIHyF7UWY4

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Eat This Glob posted:

segal pooped his pants as a grown man and that's OK. it happens everyday all around the world. his baggy trousers allowed the turd to fall out onto the floor and everyone saw it and laughed at him

Gene LeBell should have just kept squeezing tbh

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eat This Glob posted:

I'm too kind and too lazy to give you another Seagal themed probation.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Really glad to see this is now the Seagal thread. Some friends and I went through a phase where we would go to Blockbuster and rent whatever new direct to DVD Seagal movie had the best cover. As stated by Cum Town, it really is amazing how little he wants to move and speak on camera, including during his awkward sex scenes with women.

His earlier action movies are pretty entertaining for different reasons. He was able to showcase a different style of movie combat and do cool poo poo like storming a voodoo Rastafarian gang’s drug compound with a high school coach.

FishBowlRobot fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Sep 3, 2020

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I hate him so much but even I have to agree he wasn't the worst part about Machete

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Bluedeanie posted:

I hate him so much but even I have to agree he wasn't the worst part about Machete

It could never live up to the original fake trailer. Such a shame that even the reused lines/scenes in the movie were worse than those in the trailer.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Mekchu posted:

I'm too kind and too lazy to give you another Seagal themed probation.

drat. i was obviously fishing

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Memento posted:

Gene LeBell should have just kept squeezing tbh

but memento speaks the truth

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Sorry to interrupt SeagalChat but this is intriguing to me.

https://twitter.com/thenotoriousuI/status/1301206020111425539

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

That's going to be a pretty cool fight, but man, Edwards just keeps getting boned.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

He's not out there KOing people so Dana isn't gonna give him any breaks and casuals probably don't know a thing about him so he's never getting the Masvidal feud he wants off the ground.

Talented guy in a crummy spot.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/UFC_Obsessed/status/1301262370149261312?s=19

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

CarlCX posted:

That's going to be a pretty cool fight, but man, Edwards just keeps getting boned.

for real. edwards shouldn't have to fight the karate kid, give him a proper contender

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I think he beats Wonderboy pretty soundly, it should be a good fight, but

Eat This Glob posted:

edwards shouldn't have to fight the karate kid, give him a proper contender

yup

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Memento posted:

I think he beats Wonderboy pretty soundly

How do you see it playing out?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Edwards has decent enough wrestling, and solid-but-not-murderous ground and pound. He beat up Dos Anjos pretty badly on the ground and held him against the cage for a lot of their fight, and managed to reverse a couple of takedowns into advantageous position for himself along the way. He's got good cardio, he was basically on 100% the whole fight against Cowboy. I think he's got good enough defense and durability to get in close on Wonderboy, get it to the ground and then unspectacularly beat him up for five rounds. He's definitely not a finisher, but I can see him handling Wonderboy well.

So, considering the source of this "analysis", Wonderboy by R2 KO is probably the bet you want to make.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Does anyone have that video where tkz or stun gun were talking about overeem's massive hog?

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008

ilmucche posted:

Does anyone have that video where tkz or stun gun were talking about overeem's massive hog?

https://youtu.be/1wKjP2Niu6o?t=17

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

ilmucche posted:

I can’t recall but I remember him comparing it to a tumbler and saying “i was shook.”

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

ilmucche posted:

here is the highlight

https://twitter.com/LegKickTKO/status/1266730892770390018?s=19

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/espnmma/status/1301382909597753344

Welp, next weekend's lost a main event.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Memento posted:

Edwards vs Wonderboy analysis

Thanks for the breakdown.

I wonder if they’ll give Thompson another title shot if he wins. Who else would there even be at welterweight?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

TKZ really wanted to turn that conversation to Overeem’s dick.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

If Leon Edwards wants people to remember him he should steal the nicknames of the fighters he beats and turn them into a monsterous portmanteau

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Wonderboys gonna fuckin crane kick edwards into space

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

this card already looked like a hot, wet dook before this, i hope they can replace the fight instead of just moving uhhh Waterson/Hill to the main

quote:

Andrea Lee vs. Roxanne Modafferi
Michelle Waterson vs. Angela Hill
John Allan vs. Ed Herman
Matt Schnell vs. Tyson Nam
Tagir Ulanbekov vs. Bruno Silva
Frank Camacho vs. Brok Weaver
Billy Quarantillo vs. Kyle Nelson
Bryan Barberena vs. Anthony Ivy
Roosevelt Roberts vs. Matt Frevola
Alan Patrick vs. Rodrigo Vargas
Sabina Mazo vs. Justine Kish
Khama Worthy vs. Ottman Azaitar

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

When I said the ufc was less fun and more difficult to follow now than when I first became a fan 10 years ago, the solution was not to put Ed Herman and Roxanne Modafferi on a card

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
It's crazy that they have the confidence to give Glover less than a month to recover and retrain. Even if he's not feeling sick at all, he shouldn't be training with anybody for a while.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

FishBowlRobot posted:

Thanks for the breakdown.

I wonder if they’ll give Thompson another title shot if he wins. Who else would there even be at welterweight?

Michael Chiesa is probably one good win away from one at this rate.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

kimbo305 posted:

It's crazy that they have the confidence to give Glover less than a month to recover and retrain. Even if he's not feeling sick at all, he shouldn't be training with anybody for a while.

It makes more sense if you replace "confidence" with "sociopathic apathy"

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

CarlCX posted:

:hmmyes:

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

kimbo305 posted:

OSP was supposes to fight on the 22nd, tested positive and is rebooked for this weekend.

it's always been an uncaring gristmill, it's just a little more evident during the pandemic

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

CarlCX posted:

Also
https://sports.yahoo.com/big-ten-covid-19-positive-athletes-one-third-have-myocarditis-penn-state-doctor-164111708.html

"Around one-third of Big Ten athletes who tested positive for COVID-19 appear to have myocarditis, according to Penn State’s director of athletic medicine."

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

the good thing is that steroids seem to be a solid treatment option, so jon jones should be safe

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Watch a fighter get covid to get a TUE for the juice theyre already on

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
To return briefly to Seagal chat, there's a long standing rumour that his whole career was the result of a bet. A producer bet another that he could make anyone a star, including this schlubby, charismaless aikido instructor, and so they did.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Aye Doc posted:

this card already looked like a hot, wet dook before this, i hope they can replace the fight instead of just moving uhhh Waterson/Hill to the main

ESPN has Waterson/Hill as the only non-GloTex/Marreta fight on that card.

Dire.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

ESPN has Waterson/Hill as the only non-GloTex/Marreta fight on that card.

Dire.

The UFC website currently has the total fight listing as follows:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Memento posted:

The UFC website currently has the total fight listing as follows:

If that's the advance word, I think I'm good, thx.