Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

One more thing to keep in mind: probably stick to Lv10 or below disks for mag food, since 11+ are dismantleable and that’s generally more useful.

I have a personal shop pass but no idea what I can sell effectively.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
So I guess Slave weapons got renamed to Raven? I'm assuming nothing changed other than the name.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Nemo2342 posted:

So I guess Slave weapons got renamed to Raven? I'm assuming nothing changed other than the name.

Correct

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

AweStriker posted:

I have a personal shop pass but no idea what I can sell effectively.

If you're not grinding out tech crafting levels then all those tech fragments from dismantling/dailies is easy money. Decent, high augment units are worth a bunch, too.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Rynoto posted:

If you're not grinding out tech crafting levels then all those tech fragments from dismantling/dailies is easy money. Decent, high augment units are worth a bunch, too.

My "is this worth selling" breakpoint is around 15k minimum, which tends to include:

10* weapons with an enhancement of 2+
12* weapons
Some pa/tech discs
Tech fragments
Summoner Eggs
Brissa/Saiki units

Cosmetics and furniture from FUN scratch are a crapshoot, but sometimes you get lucky.

Tesla was right
Apr 3, 2009

Whats with all the robot sex avatars?
How do I get my hands on Profound Darkness Solo Triggers? I see them in the Fresh Finds shop, but I spent all my SG on cosmetics.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Nemo2342 posted:

My "is this worth selling" breakpoint is around 15k minimum, which tends to include:

10* weapons with an enhancement of 2+
12* weapons
Some pa/tech discs
Tech fragments
Summoner Eggs
Brissa/Saiki units

Cosmetics and furniture from FUN scratch are a crapshoot, but sometimes you get lucky.

Brissa/Saiki even with Ray being so easy to get due to plentiful, plentiful RWB3s?

Rynoto posted:

I am engaging in the tech crafting grind, though. When you say "decent high-augment units" is this just "has a high number of augments" or "is a good unit on its own AND has a high number of augments?"

AweStriker fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Sep 3, 2020

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

The clack of a light autocannon going off is just how you know everything's alright.
High augment count, with good augments. Upslotting is very hard, but affixing doesn't care about weapon rarity or power.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

AweStriker posted:

Brissa/Saiki even with Ray being so easy to get due to plentiful, plentiful RWB3s?

They're not worth millions or anything, but were still worth 20kish (at least for the crappy ones I've found). Even if it's gotten easier to get Ray units, they're still nice to use when you're leveling another class and don't have the stats for Ray.

subujun
Mar 31, 2010
How much better are these new units from Zig? I couldn't find anything online. I've been sporting a ray set thus far and soloing that urgent quest sounds pretty tough.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Better but I don't know if it's worth driving yourself insane over if you can't do it. Without L ring slotting honestly Ray units are kinda crap. I'd wear brissa for now.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Units with 3+ slots and a good augment sell for pretty decent amounts. Something as simple as a 3x slot unit with Might III can sell for a pretty decent amount.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Nemo2342 posted:

Probably the fact that Slave Shooter isn't a great name. And I'm assuming Illegal Negro will also have its name changed at some point when it releases.

Block 69 got erased, too.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I tried the meme fight for 20 minutes yesterday, couldn't survive for more than 30 seconds

It's super unforgiving, you can only get hit twice and there's some special modifier on that fight that makes healing really weak.

TheJadedOne
Aug 13, 2004
So the profound darkness solo UQ is super end game right? cause I don't see how that is soloable...

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

TheJadedOne posted:

So the profound darkness solo UQ is super end game right? cause I don't see how that is soloable...

It's definitely endgamey stuff. I got kind of close fighting it as Ra/Hu just now without knowing all the stuff to dodge since I'm not used to having to watch out for everything, ran out of mates and atomizers. Bet it'd be doable as Fo/Te thanks to healing techs.

Tesla was right
Apr 3, 2009

Whats with all the robot sex avatars?
I got through it thanks to Fighter's Iron Will and Auto-Mate.

Auto-Mate saved me from being owned repeatedly by the final stage's stunlock, and I think I failed the DPS check, too.

Still, doable as Br/Hu at the level cap.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
good loving lord the ridroid section of the Lunar Phantasm Matriarch event is the worst thing

who the gently caress QA'd the ridroid control scheme and that section and said boys, we did it, this is our legacy

I set it to manual like every guide said to do and still, for some reason double tapping the W or S keys while I move makes me stop, which makes sense because

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

AweStriker posted:

I am engaging in the tech crafting grind, though. When you say "decent high-augment units" is this just "has a high number of augments" or "is a good unit on its own AND has a high number of augments?"

As others noted unit rarity doesn't matter for affixing so anything that's either 5+ augments, no matter how poo poo, or a 3+ with a single good augment are worth a solid amount. The real money though is a 5+ with 2+ good augment unit. Unit augmenting is nuts expensive for anything really good.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Although laughably global already has affix transfer passes which I guess answered my question of when the hell we're getting all the other pso2es affixes. No need for them when you can just smash affix insurance for the big poo poo and then transfer it away eventually I suppose. Though having the receptors would certainly make cooking easier.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Code Jockey posted:

I set it to manual like every guide said to do and still, for some reason double tapping the W or S keys while I move makes me stop, which makes sense because

Any guide that tells you that I do not trust.

I can't comment on the keyboard controls, but on controller, it's a breeze to control in automatic over the shoulder mode.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Code Jockey posted:

good loving lord the ridroid section of the Lunar Phantasm Matriarch event is the worst thing

who the gently caress QA'd the ridroid control scheme and that section and said boys, we did it, this is our legacy

Yeah it's pretty gross. I also have a hard time trying to hit Space + Direction for the sharp turns because my fingers keep wanting to hit Shift to change palettes.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

TheJadedOne posted:

The quest is adjusted somewhat, but the big problem is loving CLOWN CARS

Specto
Jun 28, 2010
Just beat the EP4 duel. Took like 5 and a half hours of attempts, and it took me 5:44 to win, but at least it's over. Until I want to get the title for S ranking it. Or any of the other titles.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

John Lee posted:

Probably the fact that Slave Shooter isn't a great name. And I'm assuming Illegal Negro will also have its name changed at some point when it releases.

Block 69 got erased, too.

I thought you might have been joking about Block 69, but nope it's gone. Now where will all the kids hang out?

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

Nemo2342 posted:

I thought you might have been joking about Block 69, but nope it's gone. Now where will all the kids hang out?

42 seems pretty popular.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Well, it looks like I'm not good enough to do the solo UQ. I'm guessing that means this is the end of the line for me since that's locking me out of upgrades.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

The union upgrades aren't even the current best in slot units. This buffed PD, both solo and standard, drops Ophistia units, which blow pretty much everything out of the water until the units from the final boss of EP5, which are only slightly better.

Solo content in this game is almost always meant for people who've played for several hundreds (if not thousands/tens of thousands) of hours and have decked out endgame gear. Don't feel too bad if you're relatively new and can't get it down yet.

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

The clack of a light autocannon going off is just how you know everything's alright.

Nemo2342 posted:

Well, it looks like I'm not good enough to do the solo UQ. I'm guessing that means this is the end of the line for me since that's locking me out of upgrades.

Are your affixes, rings, skill points and discs in order? What class are you playing?

There is always more power to be had, and it doesnt have to come from an emergency.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

IIRC Ophistia is only worth it once you have two for the set bonus and the legs were not great or something.

It is a very nice set bonus though.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

kirbysuperstar posted:

IIRC Ophistia is only worth it once you have two for the set bonus and the legs were not great or something.

It is a very nice set bonus though.

Yeah, the rear and arm together make what is one of the best sets you can get for quite some time. The leg just has a set bonus with the weapon, which we aren't going to get until the end of EP5, and even then it isn't very good, so yeah you'd want something else for the leg slot.

PepsimanVsJoe
Nov 16, 2007
Yeah the upgraded Ray units (Circunion iirc) aren't a huge deal. They add +25 HP over Circuray and some very minor defense boosts.
Also, it takes five union boosters to upgrade a unit, which can take anywhere from 2 to 3 (to 5 if you're struggling) solo-fights.

Thing is, I get the sinking feeling that I'm going to have three full sets of Circunions before I ever get those drat Ophistia arms (I got the back unit ages ago after an unannounced PD battle).

PepsimanVsJoe fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Sep 4, 2020

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

motoh posted:

Are your affixes, rings, skill points and discs in order? What class are you playing?

There is always more power to be had, and it doesnt have to come from an emergency.

Hu/Fi (Fury Stance + Automate) at 80/80 with +35 Nemesis (also have a +35 Raven), +10 Ray Units, maxed Hunter Focus Preservation and Perfectionist Melee rings, all PAs at max level.

The only immediately obvious options are: 1) grind out the extra 5 skill points for Fighter 2) work on the affixes for my gear (the Rays are stock and the Nemesis doesn't have anything amazing).

I know it's not the end of the world (I think most of the people in my Alliance also failed the fight, though on much later stages) but it was still kind of demoralizing to hit a point where it was clear that my skills are lacking AND it blocks a path for upgrades that might make up the difference.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
At the rate they’re updating the game, it won’t be long until the Ray/Union series are powercrept anyway so it really doesn’t matter if you can’t clear solo Profound Darkness.

Plus if you wait the fight will be easier when they increase the level cap and better weapons get added.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

kirbysuperstar posted:

The quest is adjusted somewhat, but the big problem is loving CLOWN CARS

Oh good it’s not just me, I hate the clown cars

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

AweStriker posted:

Oh good it’s not just me, I hate the clown cars

No way it's just you, those things are awful. Get tagged by one and the whole circus will run over your butt.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.
Solo PD doesn't seem that bad to me, oddly. 80/80 Bo/Hu with straight from the badge shop Ray units and a +35 Nem boots that I haven't looked into affixing at all. I'm not as good at the Gemini portion and those clown cars loving suck, plus my timing is real bad so I keep missing jetsweep kicks on the big guy. Still I can comfortably beat him in around 13 minutes.

I'll probably need to do some affixing or something to S-rank it because I have no idea how I make up over a minute with what I have. Also I only started playing with the MS store release so I don't have years of experience on the JP servers or anything.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I decided "I bet I could do solo PD with a Lightning Espada" and I was right about Iron Will bailing me out when I failed the DPS check.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
Solo PD wasn't too bad as Fo/Te. Just tons of dodging and Ilgrants spam whenever there was an opening. The dps check is just saving up compounds and isn't an issue. Ilzonde to get away from the cars and reposition quickly is probably the biggest boon for the first phase.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Sep 5, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
So I've not played PSO since the first one way back on the Dreamcast but I thought it was great even if the level variety was a bit limited.

Does PSO2 give you the exact same vibes/gameplay but just more of it. Or has the gameplay been hugely revamped too?