Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Stoatbringer posted:

I worked on a large system once which had a minimum length of three letters for customer surnames. Which was fine until you still having to deal with Mr. Ng.

And another really old customer service system which did mail-merges to send letters out to all customers, unless the first customer in the file had the initials "GH" which for some reason it treated as a file-identifying magic character string (like "#!" in shell scripts) and wouldn't load it because it didn't think it was a customer name file.

Lol, Ng is my last name and I do occasionally get issues like that, mostly in the UK.

The real fun is watching people try to pronounce it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

:nallears:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Euphoriaphone posted:

There is a professor at George Washington University that got caught in a Rachel Dolezal/Elizabeth Warren situation today. She's white but has been pretending to be black. She tried to pre-empt getting outed by posting a non-apology to Medium.

https://medium.com/@jessakrug/the-truth-and-the-anti-black-violence-of-my-lies-9a9621401f85

https://www.washingtonpost.com/education/2020/09/03/white-gwu-professor-admits-she-falsely-claimed-black-identity/

But the REALLY funny thing is someone posted a clip of her on a Zoom call that shows how poorly she faked her accent.
https://twitter.com/gringatears/status/1301576760820215808

loving lol

https://twitter.com/bell4louisville/status/1301610417194774529?s=20

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Powered Descent posted:

Who on Earth decided this list would appeal to anyone? Like I get that they're going for nostalgia of all the little "normal" things that we haven't done for six months, but it's as if they intentionally picked the most annoying stuff they could about office life.

I mean I don't wear a tie but the rest is still a thing I've done daily through all of this, you fucks need to get back to work it isn't fair. :colbert:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

:10bux: says he was way too into being the fastest kid to solve Magic Eyes.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/The_Law_Boy/status/1301689498024259584

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/Dirjel/status/1301690021678731264

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/Immortal_Graves/status/1301657096778260481/photo/1

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

:barf:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

When threatened, women can voluntarily induce uteral burgeoning to inflate their defensive waistline and frighten predators.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Wow I didn't know Stefan Molyneux wrote a novel.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

OwlFancier posted:

When threatened, women can voluntarily induce uteral burgeoning to inflate their defensive waistline and frighten predators.

That's actually the exact opposite of what some elected officials have said.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Women only do this when they're very distressed.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
Prosperity Gospel is some incredibly hosed up poo poo

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
How the gently caress do you read the Bible and come away with that loving filth, I want to ask, but i know the answer is literally "none of them read the Bible, they get told by a preacher what to believe and HE'S basing that on what makes him money"

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

It's bizarre too, because if there was ONE overarching point to Jesus' message in the bible it's "gently caress rich people" so much so money lending was outlawed in Catholic Europe.

Stack Machine
Mar 6, 2016

I can see through time!
Fun Shoe

quote:

Editor of 'For the New Christian Intellectual.'

Great. He sees himself as Ayn Rand for Christians.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Jesus get the whip out

Desk Lamp
Jun 30, 2014

Arsenic Lupin posted:

it had so obviously never been tested on a non-Googler customer base.

And it never was.

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Reminds me of this except its by an adult redditor, not fictional 12 year olds.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Also the worst "man writes man" excerpt.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Is he stiffening in alarm because she’s displaying a blowfish-like defense mechanism?

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

For nearly 2 decades I thought I was just fat. To find out it's just the multitude of unfertilized eggs hanging around, like the boba at the bottom of your bubble tea, is refreshinf.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Remember when Jesus went to the temple and upended the moneylender's tables because they were ONLY charging 2% APR?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Does the effect stack I wonder? Like if you could somehow dump all 300k eggs at once do you immediately grow seven and a half kilometers in diameter?

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

InediblePenguin posted:

How the gently caress do you read the Bible and come away with that loving filth, I want to ask, but i know the answer is literally "none of them read the Bible, they get told by a preacher what to believe and HE'S basing that on what makes him money"

Because they're Montanists — something actually declared heretical in 230CE, well before the Council of Nicea, but that the theologians among these arseholes keep digging up and thinking "hey, these dudes were p cool, we're their modern inheritors!" — who've developed that particular line of bullshit further into a kind of Manichaean witchcraft.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

DigitalRaven posted:

Because they're Montanists — something actually declared heretical in 230CE, well before the Council of Nicea, but that the theologians among these arseholes keep digging up and thinking "hey, these dudes were p cool, we're their modern inheritors!" — who've developed that particular line of bullshit further into a kind of Manichaean witchcraft.

So idiots, then?

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Idiots and heretics who are the ones having prayer breakfasts with the current President of the United States...

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

OwlFancier posted:

Does the effect stack I wonder? Like if you could somehow dump all 300k eggs at once do you immediately grow seven and a half kilometers in diameter?

Honestly the first time I've burst out laughing in a while. Thanks.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

christmas boots posted:

Really? I was convinced.

I feel bamboozled.
bamboo this man

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Roblo posted:

Honestly the first time I've burst out laughing in a while. Thanks.

Oh wow you must be ovulating like crazy!

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

https://twitter.com/bestofnextdoor/status/1300625071468232705

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
The beep beep noise.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

OwlFancier posted:

I believe the "full inch" of waist growth is actually because he has pumped her full of spunk rather than anything to do with her eggs. Happy to help.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Now I'm not accusing him of exaggerating his spunk volume, HOWEVER

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Are you implying he doesn't have a bowling ball sized testicles that deflate like emptied balloons every time he ejaculates?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Splicer posted:

Are you implying he doesn't have a bowling ball sized testicles that deflate like emptied balloons every time he ejaculates?

why would he ejaculate from the pee storage organ?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Pee comes from the balls, cum comes from the heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Gives a whole new meaning to the phrase 'heart of a lion'