Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I've posted on these dumbassed forums for like 20 loving years and I have never used the ignore poster feature more than I have in the past year.

I don't know whether it's that there are more bad faith posters I don't want to read anymore or if I'm just finally becoming an old, bitter jerk, but I have been worn down by people saying really stupid poo poo and derailing threads for pages with their idiot drama.

The idea that we should just give people the benefit of the doubt around here doesn't make any sense to me. We deal with people like Mel and Gonzo all the fuckin' time, you know? Make good or funny posts and people won't yell at you and run you out.

Or, like me, be unremarkable enough to not get run out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Neodoomium posted:

I've posted on these dumbassed forums for like 20 loving years and I have never used the ignore poster feature more than I have in the past year.

It didn't occur to me until reading this but same. Half my ignore list is from here over the past year and is people who just won't let something go and drag arguments out way past expiration. Posters just dropping something once there's an obvious stalemate instead of continuing to argue with them would go a long way.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

I agree that I feel most people are more than capable of seeing the difference between somebody asking genuine questions and somebody coming in to try and troll or to say some horrible poo poo.
I couldn't disagree more. The entire reason the world is in the state its in is bigots and fascists are masters of weaponizing plausible deniability and even the loving news media takes their stated reasons for poo poo at face value, so what hope do posters and mods on a comedy forum have?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if anyone doesn't know whether someone is being real or not, and it's kind of important, ask me about it and i will help. I'm not always available but often am

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Believing everyone is fake except for you is the plot to Breakfast of Champions

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

NienNunb is a machine

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
a love machine

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
I want to grab a new Avatar, is the ownership structure resolved such that I won't feel bad for doing this? Weird question, but it's weird times.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Wazzu posted:

I want to grab a new Avatar, is the ownership structure resolved such that I won't feel bad for doing this? Weird question, but it's weird times.

I believe there's a thread in QCS where you can make a donation to RAINN for a new av

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yeah, at the moment Lowtax still owns the forums and any money spent on it still goes to him, so look at workarounds for the time being like this one.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Marching Powder posted:

i called mekchu and brut names to their face in the sumo thread and basically dared them to use their buttons on me and they, being adults, just decided to drop it instead and the thread resumed course unaided. then jerusalem appeared and used buttons on me and it's probably the hardest i've laughed in here since oildome.

whatever is currently happening is producing the best place to post about this poo poo on the internet so keep on keeping on. sincerely, thank you all for your unpaid work.

Jerusalem got involved because you were throwing a hissy fit after Brut asked another poster to chill with a derail, you came along and got antagonistic about Brut's request, and when I told you to shut up with the whining you were doing you claimed you were being ganged up on and were being attacked. You were genuinely throwing a hissy fit over nothing and after Jerusalem got asked if more than a 6er was warranted he gave you a week for yet another meltdown of yours. I'm replying to this 4 pages and a week or two later because you have a really weird perspective on what went down and why.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Sep 7, 2020

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Mekchu posted:

Jerusalem got involved because you were throwing a hissy fit after Brut asked another poster to chill with a derail, you came along and got antagonistic about Brut's request, and when I told you to shut up with the whining you were doing you claimed you were being ganged up on and were being attacked. You were genuinely throwing a hissy fit over nothing and after Jerusalem got asked if more than a 6er was warranted he gave you a week for yet another meltdown of yours. I'm replying to this 4 pages and a week or two later because you have a really weird perspective on what went down and why.

lol you're all doing a fantastic job keep it up

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Would you two just kiss already

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
They should take it to the IRC

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Malcolm Excellent posted:

They should take it to the IRC

This is the Internet Restling Community.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

when the mods tell you to cut it out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83m261lAlrs

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BP9uI4rFVHU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqyLJ-fWbSI

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJbv8HNZK4E

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i think its cool this guy gets probed a million billion times and never faces any kind of escalating punishment for doing the same poo poo over and over again and being real weird about certain people in particular

Mod Edit: thumbnailed the images for scrolling sake

Somebody fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Sep 25, 2020

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Alaois posted:

i think its cool this guy gets probed a million billion times and never faces any kind of escalating punishment for doing the same poo poo over and over again and being real weird about certain people in particular

He's been probated for the maximum auto-accepted length, longer probations need admin approval before going through.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Sep 25, 2020

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Jerusalem posted:

He's been probated for the maximum auto-accepted length, longer probations need admin approval before going through.

So much paperwork

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

The Croc posted:

So much paperwork

Do you know how many papers J-Ru has to fill out to ban someone? Six! Six whole papers!

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Rarity posted:

Do you know how many papers J-Ru has to fill out to ban someone? Six! Six whole papers!

J-Ru readying the prob train

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Unrelated to anything to do with probations but MobsterLobster posted a cool thread I think people should check out.

Its about Moat Fights.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3941694

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Rarity posted:

Please, I'm Uno, J Ru is Mr Brodie

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Thank you very much for bringing this wonderful insanity to my attention!

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Well now I feel like a sucker for following the rules. Why bother, no one's gonna do all that paperwork.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mekchu posted:

Unrelated to anything to do with probations but MobsterLobster posted a cool thread I think people should check out.

Its about Moat Fights.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3941694

For the decade or so I've actually paid attention with regularity to MMA, no event or moment has brought me as much joy as the day I first discovered Ganryujima moat MMA

I also always love seeing people's reactions to the utter clusterfuck that is Team MMA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GixDXD44_yA

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
i think the current situation of having one mod, one fake mod who isn't really a mod of this place, and an idiot king who mostly uses his buttons to probate himself, isn't working.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I think baselessly calling people nazis/white supremacists for having mildly different opinions than C-Spam sucks dick, and poo poo, personally. And today is not the first time this has happened.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

NienNunb posted:

I think baselessly calling people nazis/white supremacists for having mildly different opinions than C-Spam sucks dick, and poo poo, personally. And today is not the first time this has happened.

100%

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
there also seems to be like some sort of batsignal that summons other random c-spam posters than barely post here if at all to suddenly try and dogpile-defend the original cspam shitter's view so like can we just somehow put a stop to this

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
i think we should close c-spam if they can't keep themselves contained

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
If you make more than 24 posts in c-spam you can now only post in C-spam, or QCS threads about other forums

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Fire Junpei Hire Seth Rollins

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Politics talk is good. Just perma people who can't behave themselves and use politics as an excuse to fight because they like fighting.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

the poster who has been banned/probated multiple times for telling goons to kill themselves, telling goons he will kill them, saying that people who die from alcoholism is funny, and calling posters white supremacists for literally any reason will definitely cool off, come back to this community in 24 hours exercising level headed and rational opinions and definitely not cause further derails.

the mods can be angry at the rest of us each and every time it does cause a derail.

these truly are the forums still owned and operated by a domestic abuser

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

Politics talk is good. Just perma people who can't behave themselves and use politics as an excuse to fight because they like fighting.

It has historically been terrible, actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

There are times when politics chat is relevant but generally it stays well beyond that point and serves to do nothing but make everyone in the subforum upset.